Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Return of the Heir of Gryffindor Pt.2

what happens to hogworts when an heir of Gryffindor finally arrives back to school?

Chapter 2 - Return of the Heir of Gryffindor Pt.2

Chapter 2 - Return of the Heir of Gryffindor Pt.2
Return of the Heir of Gryffindor (the Sorcerers Stone) Pt.2

[Recap]

Me: "Mary, are you trying to confuse him. He went this way. I saw him go that way after he jumped out of my grasp. Sorry about that, by the way."
Mary chuckled nervously again as she switched directions and pointed the same way as me.

Neville: "Trevor is a bit slippery. Even I have trouble keeping a hold on him, and I own him."
He then started to run down the hallway to try and catch the slippery creature.

Neville: "I'll have to ask you your name later! Bye!"
We both waved at when the door opened to reveal two boys ready for school. We took our seats and waited as the train slowly arrived at its destination.

[Story starts]

We all exited the train into the dark night as a slight chill settled over everyone. I slightly shivered as I exited. I looked up at the moon, a crescent shape as it started to wane into a new moon. I then looked over at a large building, a large castle to be exact, that I've been longing to see ever since I found out about my powers of witchcraft.

Voice: "fers yers! Fers yers this way!"
My vision left the sight of the castle to where the voice came from. I gasped. The owner of the voice was a GIGANTIC man! He had hair and a beard that looked to be made of brown bushes. He wore a coat made of some animal and didn't look that comfortable.



We all went over many of us, me included, looked up in slight awe at the huge sight.

Harry: "hello Hagrid."

Hagrid: "'ello Arry. Glad t' see yer made it."
Mary walked over to him.

Mary: "so you're Hagrid. Nice to meet you. My mom told me about you. I'm Mary Potter."
She stuck out her hand and Hagrid reached down and shook it.

Hagrid: "nice t' meet ya too. But, er, who's yer mum?"

Mary: "Elain Dig-I mean Potter."
Realization dawned upon his face.

Hagrid: "I shou' 'ave seen it. Ya look exactly like 'er."
She then grabbed my arm and pulled me next to her.

Mary: "this is my friend, Ryuu. She's Japanese."

Hagrid: "'ello, Miss Ryuu."
He reached out to shake as I bowed slightly. Nervously Hagrid retracted his hand and did the same. I chuckled lightly at his confusion.

Hagrid: "eh, sorry 'bout tha'. Not used ter greetin' people like tha'."

Me: "it's fine. I'm not used to shaking people's hands in greeting, either."

Hagrid: "righ' then. All fers' yers' follow me!"
He then turned and headed towards the river. This led pass a bunch of carriages that were being drawn by a bunch of horses that looked to be half dragon. It was quite a sight.

Me: "whoa."

Mary: "what? The carriages? Yeah it's quite a sight. They are drawn by nothing to the castle. Once we reach our second year we'll ride in them as well. Maybe we can figure out what draws them."
I looked at her in confusion. What does she mean? Could she not see the weird horses? She continued on towards the river as I glanced at the carriages once more.

Me: *whispers* "I think I already did."
I then ran to catch up to everyone else. There were boats on the river. They were to be our transportation to the castle. I got into a boat with Mary and Neville and once everyone were settled in a boat we all set off.

Mary: "hey Neville. This is Ryuu, by the way."
I waved slightly.

Neville: "nice to meet you. What's your last name?"

Me: "that...is my last name."

Neville: "oh, so what's your first name?"
I looked down at the dark water.

Me: "I don't have one."
He mouthed an 'oh.' Mary sighed in annoyance.

Mary: "that's not right! You deserve a first name! I'll call you...Kuro! I heard of that name from 'One Piece.' It fits you perfectly."
I looked at her weirdly.

Me: "do you know what 'Kuro' means?"
She shook her head 'no.'

Me: "it means 'Black.' Plus my last name is Ryuu, meaning 'Dragon.' So you're telling me I am to be called 'Black Dragon?'"
Her smile grew.

Mary: "it fits your hair and the clothes you were wearing before we changed. Black."
I continued to look at her strangely. I then sighed.

Me: "fine, but how about Kuro as a nickname instead? I don't really mind having no real first name and, if given one now, I'd never be able to tell if someone was calling for me or not."
Mary sighed then nodded reluctantly.

Neville: "if it's all the same, I'd rather call you Kuro as well. It seems weird to call someone just by their last name."

Me: "that's fine but I can't promise that I'll answer right away until I'm used to it."

Neville/Mary: "that's fine."
At that time I looked back at the water and watched as a large tentacle came up from the water. I gasped in fright at the sight but as soon as it appeared it disappeared under the water once again.

Neville: "wh-what was th-that?"

Mary: "that was the giant squid. Unless you anger it it's harmless."
Just then we hit land and the boats stopped. Everyone piled out and headed for the large castle. It looked better up close than it did from a distance. We walked up the huge set of stairs and met a slightly elderly woman with a black hat slightly tilted on the tip to the side.



Woman: "welcome to Hogwarts, all of you. Now, if you'll all please follow me..."
She then turned and entered the castle as we first years followed. The place was even larger on the inside than it was out. It looked wonderful. We all continued down the hallway until we came near a pair of large doors.

Woman: "everyone stop. First off, I'm-

Neville: "TREVOR!"
He went forward and took hold of the slippery toad that was in front of the woman's feet. She looked down at him.

Neville: *softly* "sorry."

Woman: "as I was saying, I'm Professor McGonagall. From here you shall all enter the Great Hall and wait to be sorted in to one of four houses: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw...and Slytherin. From then on while you are here your house is like your family. You'll have chanced to gain points for your house. The House with the most points shall gain the house cup at the end of the year. For every good deed you do you gain points for your house. Any rule breaking...and you will loose points. I shall call you all when we are ready."
She then turned and headed into the Great Hall. Once she was gone I looked around some more. The halls were lit by candles instead of regular lights. The walls were covered by pictures whose inhabitants were moving around but others were too distracted about the sorting to notice.

Voice: "so it's true then. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts."
My attention went from the room to a boy with hair so light it almost was white (*gasp* oh no...I'M SPEAKING IN RHYME *cries slightly during last word*!) and a look of superiority on his face.



He came over to where Harry was as Mary and I pushed our ways to be next to him.

Mary: "yeah and there's a new Malfoy here as well."
He looked at Mary glaring.

Malfoy: "what do you know about me?!"
She snickered and smirked at him.

Mary: "the Malfoys are known for their whitish blonde hair, smug attitude...and their cowardice."

Malfoy: "what?!"

Mary: "you heard me! Why, your father became a Death-eater because he feared he might die if he didn't!"
Malfoy walked forward and got into her face.

Malfoy: *through clenched teeth* "my father...was not...a...death-eater."

Harry: "a Malfoy?"
Malfoy turned to him his smugness coming back as his anger dispersed.

Malfoy: "yes. Draco Malfoy."
Ron, whose been standing near Harry, snickered slightly. Draco turned to him as his anger returned.

Draco: "you think my names funny? No need to ask for yours. Red hair...and a hand-me-down robe. You must be a Weasly."
He turned back to Harry.

Draco: "you best be careful, Potter. You don't want to go associating with the wrong sorts. *sticks out hand* I can help you with that."
Harry glanced down at the hand but didn't shake it.

Harry: "I think I can tell the wrong sorts for my self, thanks."
Draco dropped his hand and was about to reach for his wand to threaten him.

Me: "he gave you his answer. Now leave him be."
He looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

Draco: "who the hell are you?"

Me: "that's not important. What is important is that you leave him alone..."
I closed my hand around the tie of his school uniform and pulled him to look at me face-to-face while my pupils changed into slits and my eyes became an amber colour. His hands clutched my fist with slight fear in his eyes as I smirked slightly.

Me: "...before I make you."

Draco: "y-you can talk like th-that to m-me!"

Me: "actually I can. You insulted and made fun of my friends and, just now, you were about to threaten Harry. I don't like it when people do that to my friends."
Right then the doors to the Great Hall opened and Professor McGonical came out. Quickly I released Malfoy and my eyes went to normal.

McGonagall: "they're ready for you."
She turned and motioned for us all to follow her. I looked at her then back at Malfoy.

Draco: *quietly* "you think you can scare me? Just wait until my father hears about what you told me."

Me: *chuckles*quietly* "there's nothing you or your father can do that can ever change what I said. So do...your...worst."
I then walked around him and followed quickly after the other first years until I found Mary.

Mary: *whispers* "whoa, Kuro. I didn't know you could be so courageous."
I smiled nervously at her.

Me: *whispers* "I didn't know I could be that courageous either."
We both looked up at the ceiling and our mouths were open slightly in awe. It looked exactly like the sky outside while candles floated around lighting the room.

Voice: "the ceiling isn't real."
I turned to her seeing that she was next to me. She had seen the look on my face.

Hermione: "it's bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts, a History."

Me: "doesn't take away the wondrous look of it, that's for sure."
We all stopped in front of a table full of older people. Possibly the teachers of the schools. Right in front of them was a stool with an old hat on it.



McGonagall: "when I call your name you will sit on the stool and place the sorting hat onto your head and be told what house you belong in." *opens scroll* (warning: I won't be going in direct order).
Minutes passed as people whom I didn't know were being sorted.

McGonagall: "Hermione Granger."
Hermione walked up to the hat muttering to herself some encouraging words. McGonagall set the hat on her head.

Hat: "better be Gryffindor!"
She smiled and quickly went over to the applauding Gryffindor table.

McGonagall: "Ryuu?"
I inhaled sharply as a nervous feeling overpowered me. There was only one house I wanted to be in...but the hat had to choose one for me. Blood has nothing to do with it. I walked up as I heard some people muttering. I sat down on the stool as the hat was placed on my head.

Hat: *in my head* "what a curious mind you have. A past full of pain, a present of confusion, and the future a struggle between your light and dark halves. But what is this...? Your blood...it's his. The one who created me and gave me my job. You don't want people to know? Fine I've decided. *out loud* you shall be in...Gryffindor!"
Applaud sounded once again as quickly got up as well and went over to the table. People greeted me kindly as I sat down. Some even patted me on the back as a welcome.

McGonagall: "Ron Weasly."
He sat on the stool and the hat quickly came to life.

Hat: "Ah another Weasly. I know just what to do with you...Gryffindor!"
I watched as he was sent to Gryffindor as well. He sat across from me as Professor McGonagall called out Malfoys name. Before the hat even touched his head it called out Slytherin.

Ron: "that's not a surprise."
I turned to him as Malfoy went over to the table with loads of people cheering for him while other tables booed.

Me: "what do you mean?"

Ron: "you've seen how he acts. There hasn't been a single witch or wizard from there that didn't go bad."

Voice: "except for my aunt."
I looked up to see Mary had also been sorted into Gryffindor.

Mary: "she was in Slytherin and became and Auror in the Ministry of Magic."
She sat down as I heard the name Joseph Seijin. I saw a boy with green hair walk up to the stool.



Before the hat was placed on his head he glanced over at me and waved slightly. I did the same.

Mary: "you know him."

Me: "yeah. We were at the same school. He also lost his parents after he was born. He would have been like me if his older sister hadn't been there with him. Unlike my brother, his sister was told his real name and she took every chance she got to tell him it. He's a great guy...and a great friend along with his sister. Her and I were inseparable. People actually thought we were sisters because of how close we were."
It was a great shock to me as he was placed in Slytherin along with his sister after him, a girl with black hair with the name of Mariam.



Ron: "well don't expect them to stay that way now."

McGonagall: "Harry Potter..."
Everyone went quiet at the sound of his name. Not one sound could be heard except for his footsteps as he walked up to the stool and the hat was placed on his head. A couple of minutes later, once they finished what looked to me like argument over something, the hat announced loudly the name Gryffindor. The table of Gryffindors applauded the loudest they had that night once he was chosen for their table. He sat down next to Ron while people from all over the table congradulated him, some tried to ask him questions about himself but he ignored them as the sorting continued for a little while longer. Finally, once everyone was sorted the Professor McGonagall went and sat down at the table of teachers as the one in the middle of the large table stood up. He had a long silverish white beard that matched the hair on top of his head along with a reddish purple hat that matches the robes he had dawned for the occasion.



Mary: *whispers* "that's Professor Dumbledore. He's the headmaster of Hogwarts."

Dumbledore: "and now everyone...tuck in."
And with that the plates in front of us were filled with food. I looked down at mine and winced in slight disgust.

Mary: *slightly muffled* "whas wron?"
Her mouth was slightly full of mashed potatoes.

Me: "I'm a vegetarian. I...don't like the taste of meat."
I was about to push the plate away when Ron reached over and took it from me. Then, in the old plates place, a new plate appeared with a chef salad minus the turkey bits. I smiled slightly and reached for the Greek dressing. I happened to glance down the table and noticed I wasnt the only one that got a salad so my smile grew a bit wider. Just then I reached for an apple when a ghost head appeared in the bowl. It looked around at us first years and smiled.



Head: "hello. Welcome to Hogwarts."
He then levitated up and I could get a better look at him. He wore clothes similar to those worn by William Shakespeare in his paintings only he wore a slightly larger ruff around his neck. He looked over at me and his eyes widened slightly.

Ghost: "good lord. It's about time I saw his blood in this school again."
Nervously I placed a finger in front of my mouth to signal I didn't want him to say a thing. He took the message was quiet. At this time more and more ghosts started to appear from everywhere. A ghost of a woman came by and was whispering to Mary then went through her and over to Ravenclaws' table. I looked at her curiously but said nothing, not wanting to pry.

Boy: "hello Sir Nicolas. Have a nice summer?"

Sir Nicolas: "dismal. Once again my request to join the Headless Hunt has been denied."

Ron: "I know you. You're Nearly-Headless Nick!"
Sir Nicolas turned around and faced Ron.

Sir Nicolas: "I prefer 'Sir Nicolas' if you don't mind."
He was about to go off again when Hermione opened her mouth.

Hermione: "'Nearly-Headless?' how can you be nearly headless?"
He shrugged.

Sir Nicolas: "well, like this."
He grabbed his hair and, before I could look away, pulled his head to the side to reveal that his head was attached to a small bit of skin. To my shock I didn't mind the sight probably because he was already dead. After many groans from some in disgust and a scream from Ron he placed his head back on right and went on his way. Soon we all ate our dinners and had our dessert, Mary and I both having pudding and a slice of chocolate cream pie. Once we were all finished with our meals the plates instantly became clean of any particles of food and, once again, Professor Dumbledore stood up.

Dumbledore: "I now have a few short-term notices I wish to announce. The first years, please note, that the Dark Forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our care taker, Mr. Filch, as asked me to remind you..."
I looked at where he indicated and saw a raggedy looking man with a slightly balding head and a sulk on his face as his eyes shifted from one sided of the room to the other. At his feet was a cat with red eyes that looked like it needed a bath.



Dumbledore: "...that the third-floor corridor to the right is out of bounds to those who do not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you and good night to you all. Your classes will begin tomorrow morning."
We all then got up and went to follow another redhead called Percy. He was Prefect this year and, according to Ron, he was going over the top with the title.



Percy: "Gryffindors, follow me, please. Keep up. Thank you."
We started to walk up stairs, Mary and I paying more attention to the paintings than to Percy. They were greeting everyone as they passed.

Painting: "by Jove. Actual descendents of Ravenclaw and Gryffindore! Welcome, you two, welcome!"
Both her and I told the one in the painting to not mention who we were. It agreed and we continued to go up the stairs so we could try and catch up to the other students.

Mary/me: "you're an heir to one of the House's? Yeah I am. Oh yeah? Prove it."
We both stopped and removed pendants from around our necks. Hers was a raven the colour of the Ravenclaw colours while mine was a griffin with the Gryffindor colours. We were both surprised and excited, but chose to continue our conversation in our dorm rooms. We both soon came to a portrait of a large woman wearing a large pink dress. Next to the portrait were two twins with red hair. They were also Ron's brothers named Fred and George.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w185/vampgurl33/the%20redheads/hpps055tw.jpg

George: "well, well look here Fred. A couple of first years got left behind and now don't know the password."

Fred: "I see that George. How about we help them out if they answer a question of ours?"

George: "I like how you think."
I watched as the two came closer to us.

Me: "great. Questions. Let me guess: you two are the class clowns of the school, right? Always pulling pranks and such."

Fred: "read us like a book, you do. Here's the question: what is the name of the American Quiddich teams' captain?"
Sighing I looked over at Mary knowing she knew the answer.

Mary: *in false English accent* "it is Alan Peterson. Height is 6'7" and he has brown hair and blue eyes."
I smiled slightly as they looked at her in shock.

George: "how did you know?"

Me: "because..."

Mary: *drops accent* "I am an American, you idiots."
She laughed as I chuckled slightly. They both became impressed.

Fred: "not bad, first years."

George: "it's hard to pull one on us. Alright then, time to fulfil our end of the bargain."
They turned to the portrait and said 'Fortuna Major.' The portrait swung open and we all entered to see a peeved Percy.

Percy: "there you two are. Got lost, haven't you? *notices Fred and George* I suppose this is you two's doing?"

Fred/George: "shut up Percy."
They both went over to the stairs and disappeared around the turn.

Percy: *sighs* "what am I going to do about them. Alright Mary, Ryuu, your rooms are up the stairs and to the right. And try to stay away from those twins from now on. Don't want you both to get any ideas."
He then left to patrol the halls.

Me/Mary: "too late."
We looked at each other then laughed slightly as we climbed the stairs to the girl's rooms. We walked until we found a room with three beds. I took one near a large window while Mary took the one next to me. I looked at the window, which was open, and saw Spook and another owl slightly nipping at each other.

Me: *whistles* "Spook. Come here."
He looked over at me and landed on my shoulder, rubbing his head on my hair. I chuckled and pet him, giving him one of his treats. Mary walked over to the window and picked up her owl and placed it over by her bed near a pile of fur. The fur stood up to reveal a cat.

Mary: "these are my pets. Don't tell anyone that I have more than one. The owl is Henry and the cat is Snickers."

Me: "my owl is called Spook. And you're not the only one with more than one pet."
I sat on my bed and rolled up my sleeve to reveal a snake bracelet made of solid gold while the eyes were rubies that wrapped around my lower arm three times, four inch gaps between the wraps. She looked at me like I was crazy.

Mary: "you call your bracelet a pet?"
I smirked and pet the golden snakes' head three times. Suddenly the gold turned to black starting from the top of its head where I pet it to the tip of its tail as it came to life. The rubies became actual eyes and it slithered off my arm into my lap happily. Mary's eyes were wide with amazement.

Mary: "cool."

Me: "I knew someone that came from Egypt that was a wizard. I helped him out and, in return, he gave me this. He thought that it was just a myth that it would come to life until I received it."
Upon seeing Mary it rose up and spread its hood as it hissed, revealing to us that it was an Indian cobra.

Mary: "very cool. *In parsel tongue* hello. I'm a friend of Ryuu."

Snake: "yyyyoooouuu fffrrriiieeennndd oooooffff mmmmaaasssttteerrrr?"

Mary: "yes."
It nodded and lowered its hood and lowered back into my lap as Mary reached over. It nuzzled her hand slightly and slithered up her arm. She chuckled at the feeling of it.

Me: "you speak parselmouth? Wicked."

Mary: *normal* "yeah. I've been able to since I was little. Mostly because of this."
she rolled up her sleeve to reveal a scar that was in the shape of a wand.

Me: "whoa. I heard that there was another that survived but i thought it was a myth. And, just to say, you could use a little practice with your accent. *in parsel tongue* time for bed Golgotha."

Mary: "you as well? How can you speak it?"
I grew nervous as slight tingle could be felt on the back of my neck.

Me: "um...uh..."
The door opened and in came Hermione.

Hermione: "you two are still up? You should get to sleep. *Excited* our classes start tomorrow."
Mary glared at her as she went over to the other bed and got changed with the curtains closed to cover her. I chuckled nervously once again happy she interrupted the conversation.

Me: "you heard her. Better get to sleep. Good night."
I closed the curtains only for her to open them again.

Mary: "you're not getting away that easily."

Me: "yes I can."
I grabbed the curtain and tried to close them but they wouldn't budge.

Me: "you leave me no choice."
I pulled out my wand and pointed it at her.

Me: "Rictusempra."
She went flying backwards and landed right on her bed with a thud. Smiling triumphantly I closed my curtains again and placed a charm on them to make sure that no one else could open them. Golgotha climbed up the poll of my four poster bed and wrapped itself around my arm again, turning back to gold again. I then fell asleep, dreaming about a face on the back of someone's head. A face of reptilian shape and surrounded by a sinister aura.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

MiaEmber on January 16, 2008, 9:23:37 AM

MiaEmber on
MiaEmberGood Job. Can't wait to continue the story. ^_^

musicismylife on January 14, 2008, 5:35:33 AM

musicismylife on
musicismylifewoohoo!!!! keep writing!! need to know wats up wit Ryuu!! *faves story*