Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Return of the Heir of Gryffindor Pt.3

what happens to hogworts when an heir of Gryffindor finally arrives back to school?

Chapter 3 - Return of the Heir of Gryffindor Pt.3

Chapter 3 - Return of the Heir of Gryffindor Pt.3
Return of the Heir of Gryffindor (The Sorcerers' Stone) pt.3

[Recap]

I grabbed the curtain and tried to close them but they wouldn't budge.

Me: "you leave me no choice."
I pulled out my wand and pointed it at her.

Me: "Rictusempra."
She went flying backwards and landed right on her bed with a thud. Smiling triumphantly I closed my curtains again and placed a charm on them to make sure that no one else could open them. Golgotha climbed up the poll of my four poster bed and wrapped itself around my arm again, turning back to gold again. I then fell asleep, dreaming about a face on the back of someone's head. A face of reptilian shape and surrounded by a sinister aura.

[Story starts]

I woke up panting as the images of the past started to retract back to the back of my mind where I placed them so long ago. I remembered it all; That voice, the eerie green light, the familiar life-less body, the pain, everything. I placed my head in my hands as I silently wept. I was weak. That dream proved it. If I wasn't, then...
I wiped my face dry of wet streaks and moved my curtain out of the way to see the window. The sun was just rising so there was no reason to go back to sleep seeing that breakfast would be soon. Trying hard not to wake the other two I got dressed in my uniform and did my make-up before brushing my hair in the mirror I had hung next to my bed. Before styling it so it would cover my eye I looked at it to see that I could still only see out of my right eye...like always since that incident that led to the horrible recurring dream.
I sighed and covered it my eye just as Mary moved in her sleep. I looked over at her and jumped as she sat up in bed and screamed bloody murder. She started panting after that and looked around.

Me: "Mary, are you alright? You just started screaming in your sleep."
She looked at me then sighed in relief.

Mary: "I'm fine. It was just a bad dream. Did I wake you?"
I shook my head 'no.'

Me: "I was already awake. Are you sure you're ok? Do you want to talk about it?"

Mary: "yes I'm fine and I don't really want to if it's alright with you."
I shrugged as I looked back to the window.

Me: "alright then. You better hurry up and get dressed. Breakfast starts soon and we get our schedules right after. I'll see you there."
She nodded and I left for the dining hall. I entered the common room to find that not many people were up and, if they were up, they were already in the dinning hall. All I saw was the twins talking with a dark skinned boy with dreadlocks that I haven't seen before. I tried to ignore them and continue on my way but they noticed me.

George: "hey it's one of the girls from last night."
They came over to me and stopped me from exiting the room. I looked at them innocently.

Me: "yes?"

Fred: "we never got a chance to ask you or your friend your names. I'm Fred, by the way. This is my brother George and this is our friend, Lee Jordon."
I smiled slightly at them and watched as Lee turned away slightly.

Me: "I'm Ryuu and my friends name is Mary. It's nice to meet you all."

Voice: "someone mention my name?"
We all looked to see Mary dressing in the school uniform only she was wearing pants instead of the skirt.

Me: "that was me. The two that helped us get past the Fat Lady and their friend wanted to know who we were."
She nodded and came over.

Me: "of course I can't help but feel that you all want something else."

George: "they really can read us like a book. You are correct."

Fred: "we were wondering if you two would like to help us out with a certain prank. You up for it?"
Mary and I looked at each other for a second before turning and whispering to each other.

Mary: *whispers* "what do you think? Could be fun."

Me: *whispers* "I don't know. It is our first day of school. I say we find out what it is then think on it before we decide."

Mary: "that would be best."

Me: "so it's decided?"
She nodded and we turned back to the boys.

Mary: "can we think on it? After all it is our first week. We don't really know much about this place or the people."

Fred: "fine. We're in no big hurry to pull it off. Need supplies, we do."

George: "we'll give you both till the end of the month to decide."
They went to leave.

Me: "if you don't mind me asking, who is the prank going to be on?"

Lee: "it's going to be on Professor Snape. He's the most hated teacher in the school except when it comes to the Slytherins."
We nodded and walked off after them for the dining hall. Once there I grabbed an apple and a cup of coffee (I don't know if they get coffee but in my story they can if they want) while she got some oatmeal and a piece of toast with jam. We went over and sat alone since it seemed that both Harry and Ron were still asleep. Mary sighed as she took a bite of oatmeal.

Mary: "I can't wait till our third year."
I was confused. We hadn't even fully started off our first year here and she couldn't wait till our third year?

Me: "why?"

Mary: "because third year we get to choose a type of extra-curricular activity, you could call it, and I want to be in Divinations."

Me: "what's that?"

Mary: "it's a class that deals with seeing into the future. It includes things like reading tea leaves, reading images in crystal balls, and the power of the 'sight,' or the third eye that allows you to see into the future."

Me: "is Astronomy one of the classes?"
She nodded and that made me happy. I loved anything to do with astronomy. It also dealt with seeing the future but with the help of the stars instead of sight. But Divination sounded like fun as well. Mary took another bite of oatmeal only to get hit in the face with a glop of jam. I turned in the direction it came from and ducked just in time to dodge a glop of jam heading for me. It flew and hit Mary as well. I looked to see a ghost dressed similar to Sir Nicolas but a bit younger and seemed to be a total prankster.

Me: "you must be Peeves the poltergeist."

Peeves: "that be me. And you first year's are-wait a minute..."
He grew a bit closer to me then scooted backwards quickly.

Peeves: "I didn't know his blood was back."

Me: "I heard you weren't allowed in the dining hall."

Mary: "don't make us get the Bloody Baron after you."
He just growled at her slightly. I motioned for him to come a bit closer.

Me: *whispers* "why don't you go on and drop some water balloons on the first years heading to Charms after breakfast. They won't know what hit them."
He chuckled darkly.

Peeves: "I like the way you think."
He then flew off and disappeared to the next floor. I turned to see Mary looking at me weirdly. I acted like I knew nothing and continued eating when I heard Mary cursing under her breath. I looked to see she was, again, hit with some jam. I looked to my side to see that it was flung by both Fred and George. While they laughed she took some jam and flung in at them hitting them both in the face. She laughed while I chuckled. We finished our breakfast and grabbed our schedules. We had Transfigurations first followed by History of Magic then, after lunch, we had to take a double Potions class...all with the Slytherin group.

Me: *thinking* "cool. I get to hang out with Mariam and Joseph. I hope what Ron said was wrong."
Mary and I walked off to find the class just as Ron and Harry went to get something to eat.

Mary: "you two better hurry. Class starts in a twenty minutes."

Ron: "plenty of time. Come on Harry."

Me: "don't dawdle."
We then walked off to find the class. It took us longer than we thought because Mary went to talk to a 'family friend' she called him and we wound up making it just as the bell rang for us to be in class. On the desk was a tabby cat but I couldn't see the teacher anywhere.

Me: "where's Professor McGonagall?"

Mary: "uh, you'll see."
I shrugged as we went and took our seats. A few minutes later both Harry and Ron came running into the classroom. They walked forward to find some extra seats to sit in.

Ron: "whew, made it. Could you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?"

Harry: "yeah."
I shook my head and took out a piece of paper and a quill along with some ink. The quill was black in colouring along with the ink. I placed them down on the table as the cat jumped off the table. To my surprise it transformed into a ticked off Professor McGonagall. Everyone but Mary was in shock.

Ron: "that was bloody brilliant."

McGonagall: "Thank you for that assessment Mr. Weasly. Maybe it'd be more useful if I should transform Mr. Potter or yourself into a pocket watch. Maybe that way one of you might be one time."
They both looked at each other then back at Professor McGonagall nervously.

Harry: "we got lost."

McGonagall: "then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats."
They slowly sat down in two seats behind us as class started. McGonagall started on a long speech about her class and what was expected in it. To remember I took notes, but not normal ones. I just dipped my quill in the ink and balanced it on the paper. It was called a 'Quick-Quote Quill' and it wrote the notes I thought about. My mind stayed on her words as it wrote and, once class was over, I took my stuff and placed them in my pack. I went to talk to Mary about class only to find that she was sleeping while sitting up. I took my head and as softly as I could but hard enough for results slammed her head on the desk. She quickly sat up and rubbed her head.

Mary: "ow. What happened? And why does my head hurt?"

Me: "you slept all through class and I woke you up so we wouldn't be late for History of Magic."
History of Magic was so weird. It was taught by a ghost. This time I nearly fell asleep. I just let my quill write down what all he droned on about while I talked to Mariam.

Me: *whispers* "hey. How are things in Slytherin?"

Mariam: *whispers* "dreadful. Joseph and I both hate it. It would have been a bit more tolerable if we were all together like we used to be."

Me: "I know what you mean. It feels weird not talking to you and Joseph. Where is he anyways?"

Mariam: "hospital wing. Someone from a group of Hufflepuff third years placed a jinx on him. He was covered in boils."

Me: "poor guy. Here they automatically think you're bad if you get placed in Slytherin. If only they knew you both like me."

Mariam: "let's hang out in the library during lunch. Joseph should be well by then and we need to get fully ready for potions. I don't know much about that subject."

Me: "alright. I'll help you two with your studying."
Once class was finally over I went to wake Mary, only to see that she had paid attention, and told her to go on and eat while I got some books to read for later. He agreed and I met up with Mariam and Joseph at the library. It was HUGE. There were so many books that I almost lost my head. We grabbed books and studied while we talked about random stuff.

Joseph: "I heard what you told Malfoy. I almost couldn't stop laughing. You've got guts, friend."

Me: "thanks. What type of wands you guys get?"

Joseph: "10" maple with a core that consists of a strand of hair from the mane of a unicorn stallion."

Mariam: "11" maple with a core of a werewolf fang. What about you?"

Me: "12" red rose wood with a core of a strain of a black unicorn mare's main."
They both looked at me in shock.

Mariam: "a black unicorn? Those are really rare."

Joseph: "yeah. And doesn't their arrival signal that something bad will happen? Matches you perfectly."
I playfully glared at him for a short while as we continued with random questions and studying. Soon it was time for us to get to class and we got down there before everyone else. We started talking about random people in our houses, them mostly about Malfoy and a girl named Pansy and me about the people I came to know. Soon Mary came over to us along with Harry and Ron, who froze at the sight of Mariam and Joseph.

Ron: "what are you doing talking to them?"

Me: "they're my friends. That's not a problem, is it?"

Ron: "it is when they're from Slytherin."
Mary went over and hit him on the head.

Mary: "don't judge someone from a different house until you get to know them."
I smiled at her as she came over to us and stuck out her hand.

Mary: "hello. I'm Mary Potter."
They looked at her hand quizzically and bowed.

Me: "Mary, they're Japanese as well."
She scratched the back of her head.

Mary: "eh, sorry."
They chuckled. Harry then came over to us as well.

Harry: "I'm Harry Potter."
He, unlike Mary, bowed slightly to them as they did the same.

Harry: "and that's my friend Ron."

Mariam/ Joseph: "the baka."
I chuckled as everyone else looked as us weirdly. He didn't say a word to them and visa-versa. Soon more people started coming for class. Mary wanted to run but I forced her to get into the class. We sat down near the front and waited until the bell rang and the teacher. He had black greasy hair that went to his chin and a slightly crooked nose.



Once in front of the class his dark eyes scanned over every student. Mary bent over to listen to Neville whispering to her then bent over and whispered to me.

Mary: *whispers* "that's Professor Snape. He's the most hated teacher in the school. The only people who don't hate him are those in Slytherin."

Mariam: *whispers* "minus us two. He hates our guts. The reason why is not known to either of us. But I do know one thing...he can do with a good shower and head wash with that greasy hair of his."
I nodded then turned back to the front as he began to call roll. When he got to Mary he smirked creepily before he continued on with roll, completely passing over Harry's name without calling it. When he got to my name he tensed a bit and looked at me. An unusual look quickly and barely noticeable passed over his eyes when I answered before he continued. It was as unusual as when he smirked at Mary.

Snape: "You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potion making."
He started walking around the front of the room as he spoke.

Snape: "there will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such I don't expect many of you will appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few who possess the predisposition I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death."
His speech was long but interesting to say the least. In fact the only person that wasn't paying attention was Harry, whom was taking down notes about all that was said. This did not sit well with Snape.

Snape: "then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention."
I looked and saw he still wasn't listening fully so I, along with Hermione, gave him a nudge and motioned toward the teacher. He looked forward looked at Snape whom was sort of glaring back at him.

Snape: "Mr. Potter...our new celebrity. Tell me what would I get if I added root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"
While Harry stayed silent for a bit Hermione, Mary, and I raised our hands...though Mary and I weren't as energetic or as high as Hermione. He looked at us three before shaking his head 'no.'

Snape: "you don't know? Well let's try again. Where would you look if I asked you to find a Bezoar?"
Again the three of us raised our hands the same way as earlier only Hermione was more energetic. Harry glanced at us again then actually spoke.

Harry: "I don't know, sir."
He just asked another question.

Snape: "what is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?"
Hermione was close to getting out her chair this time. Harry glanced once more at us before speaking again that he didn't know.

Snape: "pity. Clearly fame isn't everything is it, Mr. Potter?"

Harry: "but I think they know, sir."
He glanced over at us.

Snape: "sit down you stupid girl."
Hermione reluctantly sat down as some people snickered.

Snape: "Miss Potter, since you're so eager to answer, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"
She smirked as she placed her hand down.

Mary: "It would make a sleeping potion so powerful it is know as 'the Draught of the Living Dead.'"

Snape: "good."
He then glanced at me and I shivered slightly from his gaze.

Snape: "Miss Ryuu. Where would you look if I told you to find me a Bezoar?"
I sighed before answering.

Me: "it is a stone taken form the stomach of a goat. It will save you from most poisons."

Snape: "correct. Now both of you what's the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?"
Mary and I looked at each other before answering.

Mary/me: "They are the same plant. It also goes by the name of Aconite."
Snape glanced over the class and saw no one was moving. They were just watching us.

Snape: "Well...aren't you all writing this down?"
The sounds of parchment rustling and quills scribbling were heard all over the room.

Snape: "now, because of Potter not being prepared, five points shall be taken from Gryffindor...but because of Miss Ryuu and Miss Potter, two points for every answer for Gryffindor."
Class was sort of fun. I liked making potions. I just wish that it was a different teacher. I was surprised when I actually got miniscule compliments from him while he continually asked Mary questions. But with Harry it was a different story. The only thing he got was insults from the teacher. And Snape couldn't help but show the class how well Malfoy was doing. Every time Malfoy would look at both Harry and me while smirking triumphantly. I would just roll my eye and help out Mariam and Joseph with certain ingredient amounts. After class we were given our homework and went to dinner. I said bye to my old friends before following Mary into the dining hall.

Mary: "I hate that class."

Me: "I didn't mind it."

Ron: "Yeah well you didn't have Snape breathing down your neck the whole time."

Mary: "I hated how he just asked me questions...as well as bombard insults at Harry."

Harry: "what's his problem with us anyways?"

Mary: "I don't know."

Me: "maybe it's because, as everyone told us, that he hates those in Gryffindor."
We then sat down at our table as the food appeared. While we were eating Henry and Spook flew over to us. Henry gave Mary an article from the Daily Profit while Spook gave me a letter from my brother. I chose to read it in the girl's dorm later. I placed the letter in my pack when I heard a slight gasp from Mary.

Mary: "hey Kuro. Look at this."
She handed the Daily Profit to me and I read the front page story.

Me: "'believed to be the work of Dark wizards or witches, Gringotts goblins acknowledge the breach but insists nothing was taken. The vault in question, number 713, had been emptied earlier the same day.' That's weird. This was around the same time I arrived in London to get to school."
Harry glanced over at the Profit and was surprised.

Harry: "that's odd. That was the vault Hagrid and I went to."

Me: "then he might have a reason as to why this happened. Let's go talk to him on Saturday."

Harry: "we were going to anyways. Hagrid invited us all over for tea. It slipped my mind until now."

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

umitara on February 3, 2008, 10:18:05 AM

umitara on
umitaraYeah. It was cool.

MiaEmber on February 3, 2008, 6:22:51 AM

MiaEmber on
MiaEmberGood job.

musicismylife on February 2, 2008, 12:32:28 PM

musicismylife on
musicismylifeyay!