Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Training Gone Amuck

In Jump City, there is a tower standing on an island where a team of heroes live. These heroes have been found in numerous places and brought together to protect the world.

Chapter 2 - Training Gone Amuck

Chapter 2 - Training Gone Amuck
"Crystal, watch out!" Fade's cry was heard from across the battlefield, alerting the blonde kunoichi. Her blue eyes quickly darted to the right, where she had felt a presence, and saw a black blur coming straight at her. Grimacing, she quickly formed three hand seals and then jumped back a couple of feet before inhaling deeply.

"Water Style: Sticky Swamp Jutsu!" She yelled as clear goop shot out of her mouth and spread out all over the ground. Her target stepped into it and froze in place. The black butler frowned in confusion and attempted to free his feet from their sticky prison; the attempt was in vain.

"Flame, now!" Crystal ordered to her hyper comrade after all the goop had left her mouth. Flame nodded and made a few hand signs.

"Fire Style: Burning Ash Jutsu!" She exclaimed and blew out a large cloud of ash, which surrounded Sebastian in no less than 2 minutes. Once he was completely covered, Flame bit down on the ash trail leading into her mouth, causing the ash to engulf in flames.

Fade watched from the corner of her eye as she dodged attacks from both Inuyasha and Sango, a worried expression on her face as she watched her boyfriend get caught in the immense fire.

"He's immortal, Fade. You're fight's with me." Came a rather arrogant comment from a certain hanyou. Smirking and returning her full attention on her opponents, she quickly sidestepped another one of the half-demon's Wind Scar's, while also jumping into the air to avoid a certain Taiga's Hiraikotsu.

Inuyasha saw his chance to strike down Fade while she was still in the air. He prepared to unleash another Wind Scar.

"You're mine, now!" He exclaimed, feeling completely victorious.

He paused as he felt a hand grasp his ankle.

"Earth Style: Head Hunter Jutsu!"

Inuyasha was suddenly pulled into the ground and buried up to his neck, the Tetsusaiga lying untransformed at his side. Mimic popped out of the ground a few inches away from him and dusted her hands off.

"I bet you feel foolish."

Fade smirked as she landed on the ground with a soft thud.

"Thanks, Mimz."

Mimic smiled and gave her teammate the thumbs up.

"No problem. However, we still have another opponent."

Just then, a large boomerang came hurtling towards the two.

"Sh*t."

The boomerang hit both of the girls in the gut, but instead of cutting through them, they vanished in a puff of smoke and leaving two logs behind.

Sango's eyes widened as she felt the cold blade of a kunai at her neck.

"We won." Mimic smirked as she pressed the blade closer to her neck and nodded at Fade who had struck down the Hiraikotsu before it could return to Sango.

"Rasengan!"

Fade and Mimic's eyes widened as Naruto charged at them from the bushes, a large and powerful sphere of chakra in his hand.

"Water Style: Water Dragon Missile!"

Crystal's yell echoed as two large blue dragons emerged from a nearby pond and charged at Naruto, whose eyes widened a fraction before using the Rasengan as a defense against the oncoming attack.

"Shadow Clone Jutsu!"

The girls were then surrounded by dozens of Naruto's.

"Well… this sucks." Flame said absent-mindly as she pulled out two kunais and prepared to attack.

Crystal smirked and moved her arm to halt Flame from charging.

"Hold on. There's something I want to try…"

Flame exchanged confused glances with Fade and Mimic, who was still holding Sango, as Crystal closed her eyes in concentration.

She quickly formed two hand signs and her eyes snapped open.

"Water Style: Water Vortex Jutsu!"

All the Konoha students' eyes widened. It was the Second Hokage's Jutsu.

A large spiral of water surrounded the four girls, creating a barrier around them before expanding and defeating all the shadow clones in an instant. The real Naruto was thrown back into a tree, knocking him out.

The water then took the form of needles and was sent flying towards Naruto.

Fade's eyes widened and her hand flew out towards Naruto's direction; the needles bounced off an invisible wall, stopping them from hitting Naruto.

"What was that? We're not actually trying to kill him!" Fade shrieked at her friend, whose eyes had snapped back from a cold stare and into a shocked expression.

"I-I'm sorry… I don't know what came over me."

"I think that's enough for today." Robins voice called out to them. Mimic released Sango while Flame walked over to Inuyasha and released him. Fade ran over to Sebastian, who was 100% okay, except his clothes were in tatters. Flame glanced over at Crystal, whose expression was emotionless. She stared at the blonde with a suspicious gaze.

What was she planning on doing?

xXxXxXx

Fade was sitting on her bed going over today's training events. Her eyebrows furrowed together as she thought back to Crystal's strange behavior. There was a look deep within her friend's eyes… that wanted to kill Uzumaki Naruto.

Why? She didn't know.

It troubled her greatly… well; it was a small part of her growing uneasiness.

She immediately remembered Raven's strange behavior and the talk her and Robin had with Raven.

Apparently, she had another premonition about her father. She described a dark and dreary place, and there was someone besides her there… lying dead at her feet.

But it was what her father had said that had the young empath shaking.

"The dead will live; the living will die"


Trigon was going to return at the cost of someone's life; this time it wasn't Ravens.

That, plus Crystal's display, had her wondering if they were connected.

"Are you alright?" Sebastian's voice brought her out of her thoughts. He had showered after training and had just gotten dressed in his usual attire. Fade scoffed and pointed at his outfit.

"How many of those do you have?"

Sebastian smiled coyly and placed his pointer finger over his mouth.

"If I cannot maintain my professional appearance and be prepared for any obstacles, I would not be a Phantomhive Butler."

She rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Yeah, yeah…"

Sebastian studied his young lovers face momentarily before placing a gloved hand under her chin, making her meet his gaze.

"I can tell you are troubled… is it because of Miss Kamikaze losing control today?"

Fade's eyes widened.

He smiled; right on the money.

"You caught me… It's just not like her to get so serious in training… if I hadn't interfered… Naruto would be in serious condition. Those needles were aimed right at his vital points."

A puzzled look came across the older mans face.

"Is… she trying to kill him?"

She sighed and leaned back, using her arms to support her body. Her eyebrows furrow in concern.

"That's what I want to know."

Sebastian sat on the bed next to her and smiled reassuringly. She blinked and looked up at him while raising an eyebrow.

"What?"

"Don't worry. I'm sure it was all an accident." He closed his eyes and placed a chaste kiss on her forehead, causing her to blush madly.

"Yeah."

She leans her head on his shoulder and closes her eyes.

I just hope I'll be strong enough to protect everyone if something does happen...

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

nextguardian on July 10, 2012, 2:27:28 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianThe mesh of TT and Naruto works really well imho. I'm loving the fight scenes here.