Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Putting on a Show

This is a fanfiction that I wrote for the anime series, Vampire Knight. It's about a girl named Ayame who is 1/3 vampire and is the newest student in Cross Academy's night class. (now newly revised)

Chapter 1 - Putting on a Show

Chapter 1 - Putting on a Show
Part1: Putting on a Show
“Sensei, I don’t think I can do this,” I said pessimistically as I dressed myself in the uniform of Cross Academy’s night class.
“Nonsense, you will do just fine,” my sensei said reassuringly.
“But what if I slip up? What if I can’t control myself?”
“Ayame, you’ve never slipped up before, not even when it didn’t matter. You’re just making excuses.”
“I know, but you’ve always been there watching me.”
“If you think I won’t be watching you like a hawk, then you are sorely mistaken. Don’t forget what I told you.”
I had taken every word my sensei had told me very seriously. Cino sensei was so nice to me. He let me live with him after my mother died. He had a wife and a daughter of his own, but he still found time for me. Well, at least he didn’t act broken all the time like my mother did.
My mother was a sad woman. Whenever she looked at me, she would cry. She would always sit around and wallow in self- pity all day. My mother was the only completely human member of my family. She fell in love with a vampire, and they had me. Then he left her and broke her heart. He didn’t even turn her into a corpsus. Oh dear, it looks like I’m going to have to explain that as well.
In the town where I live, a vampire is legally only allowed to kill two people in his or her life. Say it was a male vampire. He would find a woman that he loved very much. Oh, but there was a catch. The woman had to be married. Then, when the time was right, he would kill her husband…and her. Then he would take her to a secluded area and write an ancient spell in the dead language on her back. She would become the vampire’s corpsus. Her skin would turn white, her hair would turn black, and her blood and eyes would also be black.
The vampire’s corpsus cannot be easily killed. The only way they can die is if they aren’t often bitten. They would eventually be full of blood and explode. This is one of the only two ways to kill a corpsus. The fastest way to kill a corpsus, however, is by killing their vampire. That is no easy task, though. In the dead language, corpsus means protector, and that’s just what they are.
Anyway, I remember Cino Sensei telling me that our existence at Cross Academy was, like my heart, fragile and broken. I only hoped that the vampires in the night class would accept me. I was only one third vampire. The other two thirds were human and corpsus. My story was very different from my mother’s.
I had been in love with a dashing young vampire, but I had never been married before. We were illegal. He was halfway through the spell when they found and killed him. Only my legs turned white. Corpsuses have unimaginable power. That gave me incredibly strong legs. Since my incident Lord Cino (Cino Sensei) has changed the rule, so you don’t have to be married.
“Cino Sensei, do you think the other students in the night class will be attracted to me?” I asked suddenly.
“I think it is very likely,” he said brushing my long, maroon hair out of my eyes, “These vampires don’t have the same rules that we do. Even though they are your own kind you should be careful. If anyone comes that close to you without permission use your legs. If you don’t get a chance to do that, I will come for you.”
“Thank you, Sensei.”

Comments

Comments (7)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

nextguardian on July 1, 2009, 2:42:30 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianThat's a great first chapter. It explains everything in an easy way to understand.

shadowpiplup on July 30, 2008, 1:07:15 PM

shadowpiplup on
shadowpiplupnice job!

hipeople on July 9, 2008, 11:35:39 AM

hipeople on
hipeople*breaks out into that song by Leona Lewis*

XD Pretty creative so far~

Falconlobo on July 1, 2008, 5:14:25 AM

Falconlobo on
Falconlobonice

xXcandydemonXx on June 28, 2008, 12:13:02 AM

xXcandydemonXx on
xXcandydemonXxcool!
*runz off to read next chapter*

DocOck on June 27, 2008, 10:55:03 PM

DocOck on
DocOckPretty good so far
cant wait to read the nexy chapter

Kohakucrazy on June 21, 2008, 4:56:43 AM

Kohakucrazy on
KohakucrazyOh cool! Hey...Would you be able to add my little O.C in there? Pretty please? She's vampire and loves friends... Sakurai is her name, running from other rapid vampire's is her game... Pretty please? She'd love to be friend with Ayame..