Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Power

This is a fanfiction that I wrote for the anime series, Vampire Knight. It's about a girl named Ayame who is 1/3 vampire and is the newest student in Cross Academy's night class. (now newly revised)

Chapter 6 - Power

Chapter 6 - Power
6 - Power
I was so furious at Aido that I wanted to crush him. I could tell that fear wasn’t the only emotion he was feeling at that moment. I could also sense shock and surprise in his façade. He had no idea what kind of power I had inside of me. I was like a crazy monster when I was protecting myself or my vampire. The only question was how could I protect myself from him? Ice suddenly covered the whole lower half of my body, and I could tell that an extra layer might actually be able to hold me. At this point all I could do was sit and wait for him to come after me. Suddenly, he disappeared and I fell onto the bed. He then reappeared next to me. I could not move from the spot where I was lying.
“Did you honestly think that I was going to hurt you, Ayame?” he asked in a soft voice as he stroked my hair.
I was powerless to do anything so I stayed where I was, “Aido, I just want you to know that you could never touch me if I didn’t want you to.”
“I highly doubt that. Besides, you said it yourself that you belong to me. How cruel would it be for you to deny me what is rightfully mine?” He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck.
“Such pretty words. It’s such a pity that the only meaning they have is for more bloodlust.”
“Why does any of that matter? It’s not like you can change anything. You did say this was the point of no return. You can’t undo what I did to you. You’ll be stuck like this, dependant on me forever.”
With that he sunk his teeth deep into my neck and stayed there for as long as he possibly could. I was gasping for air, and I was even making blood. I could feel tears forming in my eyes. Was this what I was in for? Did I have to deal with this for the rest of my life? I didn’t dare to wonder because I knew what the most likely answer would be. My future was looking grim. When all of the black blood had disappeared he wiped it off of his mouth and looked at me.
“Ayame, what happened to the love I used to see in your eyes? Where did it go?” he asked, suddenly turning sincere.
“I could ask you the same thing,” I said hesitantly.
“Well, it seems that I’m the only one who’s feeling anything. It would make it better for me if you could just pretend to care about me just a bit.”
“I don’t know if I care even a little bit about this abusive relationship. I could do that for you though, but only because we can’t end this.”
“I know a way that we could.” He grinned evilly.
“AIDO! I can’t believe you would even think something like that!”
“I’m sorry, I really shouldn’t have. Well, at least you’re getting some of my blood too.”
The tense feeling seemed to go away when he laid his head by my neck, and his hair tickled me slightly. His arms were tight around me, and I didn’t have a care in the world. Only seconds ago I was hating him and set on taking his life but now…oh now I could never do such a thing. What would become of me? I didn’t know if he really loved me or not, and I didn’t think I was ever going to find out. I had many things to fear of as I drifted off to sleep, but I let them just roll off my shoulders.
My feelings were so mixed up that I didn’t know what to do. I thought the answer would never come. I prayed almost constantly. Then, one day, my prayers were answered. I was ready to live again. Not with Aido though. No vampire would fulfill my dreams. It was love of another kind. No abusive relationship would do for me either. I wanted true love and there was only one person who could give me that. The person who could lift me from my dark and terrifying abyss waited just around the corner.
To be continued….

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

nextguardian on July 11, 2009, 12:38:53 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianGreat ending! A nicely placed cliffhanger, following a great twist.

hipeople on September 6, 2008, 12:39:59 PM

hipeople on
hipeopleAww!Love it~

Hihachi17 on July 31, 2008, 6:45:01 PM

Hihachi17 on
Hihachi17sweet

archieluver27 on July 29, 2008, 3:52:20 AM

archieluver27 on
archieluver27omg love it

Falconlobo on July 28, 2008, 11:53:51 AM

Falconlobo on
Falconlobocool who is true love? her Mentor?