Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Prolouge

A young teenage girl is kidnapped because of her heratige and forced to become a Steil, an elemental being bound for war. Will she get away or adapt to the unatural life the Steils?

Chapter 1 - Prolouge

Chapter 1 - Prolouge
        Prolouge


                "You know I'm going to kill you, don't you?" hissed Aldolphus.
                "Yes," declared Rose, brushing her long black hair out of her eyes.
                The two stood there, staring at eachother as the evening sun shed the last of its light. Screams rang out all around them, but they didn't care, they had only eyes for eachother. To them, war was just another part of life. It killed. It screamed. It was the thing that kept life entertained.
                A smirk spread across Aldolphus's pale cheeks,"I was hoping you'd make the first move so I could at least get a little entertainment before I had to kill you."
                With a screach, Aldolphus lunged at Rose, claws outstreched. He raked the elongated nails across the young girl's back and pulled her into a death-embrace, her wrists held tightly behind her back.
                "Ha!" she breathed," you'd never get that little pleasure out of me." Shoving her elbow in his gut, Rose was able to squirm away.
                "If you had only listened to Thordon, you might have a chance at life, but you don't now! My nails were painted with a special leaf polish before the battle, giving them the power to secreet a deadly poison that slows your breathing every time you inhale."
                Cackling, Aldolphus attacked Rose again. His cuts and gashes were swift and painless, yet the pain would grow with every intake of breathe. Rose was able to slice him with her sword, but he'd just heal himself right back up.
                I hate vampires, thought Rose as she dodged one of Aldolphus's attacks.
                "C'm on, Half-breed," taunted Aldolphus, licking his lips and brandishing his extra sharp canines,"You to afraid to stand up like a real Draculian?"
                "Who said I wanted to be Draculian?" gasped Rose, the poison starting to take action.
                "Why Thordon and his princley self did. He said you'd be his one and only love for eternities to come, princess and soon to be queen of our pure-blood race."
                "That was before I knew he was a Draculian. Why didn't he just stay Viktorian like Vor and Von, our kings?"
                "Why? Why?!" thundered Aldophus, circling Rose," Because he didn't want to side with those rightious Viktorians, that's why. Plus, who other than the Viktorians would want to create an alliance withthose dogmatic Steils?!"
                "I would!" screamed Rose as a sharp pang zipped up her one of her lungs, across her chest, and down the other. A chill from the low-blowing wind racked her body and she sank to her knees.
                "And that's why your in this predicament," scoffed Aldolphus, crouching down in front of the suffering Rose," Why couldn't you just be a normal princess?"
                He cupped her chin in his hand and turned her head to face the sun."Isn't it beautiful. The sun rises with the Steils and sets with the vampires," Aldolphus turned Rose so that she could see the terrifying glint of murder in his sea-green eyes. " Tonight, though, it's going to set not with all the vampires, but with the reigning Draculians."
                The glint of a knife glittering in the setting sun's light was the last thing Rose would ever see.

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

def456 on November 5, 2006, 7:56:29 AM

def456 on
def456this is good! i usually don,t like reading but to this story i will make an exception!

Ketts_Shadow on April 25, 2006, 6:37:39 AM

Ketts_Shadow on
Ketts_ShadowOh me God! Sierra you freakin witch I love as a friend...the prolouge if freakin awesome! *remind myself 2 screech in joy when I see you in 1st period.* ^_^

FreakyMangaGirl on April 22, 2006, 9:51:16 AM

FreakyMangaGirl on
FreakyMangaGirlHey!

OMG!!!!!!!!

This is SO GOOOOOOOOOOD!

Not only are you a talented artist, but a talented writer as well!!!

*jumps up and down*

Write more please- I'm dieing to find out what happens next!

>_<


*adds to favs*

DarkHieiGurl on April 22, 2006, 8:24:37 AM

DarkHieiGurl on
DarkHieiGurlYaay, awesome!

*cough-typos-cough* You shouldn't critisize others about their spelling errors if ya have some problems yourself. ;p

I... don't remember that orange notebook, but whatever. Heh, but I did like this chapter a lot. Next chapter pleease. ^.^