Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Writing Songs and a job offer

Kay and her friends transfer to Domino High School together and meet future rivals, enemies, friends, and romances. How do they adjust?

Pairings (Hinted at for the series)

Kay/Seto
Cat/Yami
Kristen/Yuugi
Khaos/Ryou

Chapter 7 - Writing Songs and a job offer

Chapter 7 - Writing Songs and a job offer
Kay sat in the computer lab. It was lunch time but she wasn't hungry. She sat typing diligently. Maria was counting on her to write up some new songs for the band. But she only had one song.

"Stupid writer's block..." she muttered. Kay stared at the screen for another five seconds before banging her head to the key board in defeat. The door to the lab opened.

"Kay?"

She looked over to see Danielle and Kristen.

"Hey guys."

"What are you doing?"

"Trying to write some songs for the band, but I'm at a block. I only have one song. And I can't write any duets because Cat is a lead singer now."

"Well, do you have any inspiration?" Danielle asked.

"One. And I wrote a song about it."

"Can you think of another inspiration?" Kristen asked. Kay tohught about it. Then she snapped.

"I've got it!" she started typing.

"What is it?"

"Well, the idea is from Khaos and Ryou, but the song won't really sound like them." Danielle and Kristen exchanged glances and shrugged.

"Do we have a practice scheduled?" Danielle asked.

"This weekend."

"Where are we meeting?" Kristen asked.

"My apartment."

"OK."

"Did you guys need anything else?" Kay asked, her eyes never leaving the screen.

"We just wanted to know where you were."

"Well, you might wanna spread the word of practice."

"Right. I'll race you back, Kristen." Danielle and Kristen ran out of the lab. Kay smiled to herself and continued typing.

She needed to finish up some songs and they needed to practice soon so she could get a recording of the new songs and start the CD they had meant to begin. So much to do, so little time.

The bell soon rang and she gathered up her stuff and walked down the hall to her next class. School was soon over and Kay walked to work with Alex when a limo pulled up to their right. The window rolled down.

"Hi Kay!" Mokuba greeted. Kay and Alex stopped.

"Hey Mokuba!" she greeted with a smile. The door opened and Mokuba jumped out of the car and Seto followed. Kay immediately gave Seto a cold glare. "Kaiba."

"Simms." His expression was just as cold as hers. "Let's get to the point."

"Oh, so there's a point to this unpleasent surprise?" she asked. Seto frowned at her.

"Look, Simms. I know you have an afterschool job. And I don't know if you've heard, but that's against the rules and you could be expelled if they know." Her eyes widened.

"How'd you know about that?!" she exlaimed.

"Your uncle told me." Kay stamped her foot.

"Ugh! I'm gonna get him for that."

"That isn't my problem. Now, I could easily report you, but to my misfortune, Mokuba likes you."

"As nice as that is to know, what does that have to do with anything?" Kay asked.

"My last babysitter ticked me off so I fired her, and I need a replacement as soon as possible."

"Mmm-hmm."

"So, I'm offering you the job."

"Right, and I take it if I say no you report my job to the school?"

"You and your friend."

"You snake."

"I would not be insulting your new employer, Miss Simms." She growled at this. "So, will you be taking the job." He held a hand. She twitched a bit.

"I don't have much a choice, now do I?" she asked before taking a hold of his hand and shaking it to seal the deal. He smirked and released her hand.

"Good. And don't worry, you won't be seeing much of me. Now, we need to discuss when you can and when I will need you for sure. When do you get off work?"

"Around six."

"Well, tell me where you work. I'll send a limo for you to take you to my company."

"Fine." She pulled out a sheet of paper and wrote down an address. "Here." He took it."

"See you tonight, Simms."

"Unfortunately."

"Come on, Mokuba."

"Right Seto." Mokuba hugged her. "Bye Kay." She smiled and pat him on the head.

"Bye Mokuba." He hopped in the limo and it drove away. Alex blinked.

"...um...what just happened?" she asked.

"I honestly don't know." Kay shook her head. "Looks like I have another job...and I'm working for the biggest pain in the world."

"Don't worry. Like he said, you'll hardly see him."

"I guess." The two girls walked on to their company.

"Hey Kay, maybe Kaiba can help you."

"Huh?"

"well, I was bored and watching the news and it was talking about how Kaiba Corp. can track anyone."

"Alex, I am NOT asking HIM for help. You know I don't like letting people know what happened to Adelinda. The last thing I need is people feeling sorry for me."

"I'm sorry, just a thought."

"I'm not that desperate."

"Are you sure?"

"...I don't trust him and he's probably just make fun of me."

"Are you sure about that."

"Be quiet and pick up the pace or we'll be late."

"Well, this has been a lovely first week."

"Sarcastic much?"

"Race you."

"You know you'll lose." Alex took off running. "CHEATER!" Kay chased after her and they ran the rest of the way to their company.

And so ends Zusammen Beginnen Wir. The next story is already up! here's the link


http://www.fanart-central.net/story-45870.html

Comments

Comments (10)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KhaoticWolf on June 14, 2007, 12:59:43 PM

KhaoticWolf on
KhaoticWolfI love this story.

KionaKina on June 15, 2007, 1:40:31 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaand I'm happy you do

PandaChan21 on May 28, 2007, 11:33:39 PM

PandaChan21 on
PandaChan21That...was hilarious! Now I'm wondering when I come in. Oh, next story.

Oranga, see if you can anything that ryhmes

KionaKina on May 29, 2007, 4:21:40 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinanothing rhymes with orange-. ..wait, DOOR HINGE!

SnowKitty on May 28, 2007, 8:36:19 AM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyHoorah for yet another chappie! Congrats to you!

KionaKina on May 28, 2007, 8:37:04 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinahuzzah, Ki-Chan!

Moon_Princess on May 28, 2007, 4:46:45 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessYayyy!!! Great chappie!!! =D *claps*
I'm sure the next story will be awesome!! x3 (well...since I read it last night and forgot to comment, I already KNOW it's awesome! XD)


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on May 28, 2007, 4:48:24 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKina*bows* thank you very much, Cat-Chan

WingedSheep on May 27, 2007, 5:09:38 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheepwooow! xD
 
amazing! i can't wait till next chapie ^^
 
yay! xD *bows*

KionaKina on May 27, 2007, 5:12:39 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaum, this story is over too. The next story is already posted, though. It's got a weird Otalian title

WingedSheep on May 27, 2007, 5:19:39 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheep... xD
 
yep... I'm a bit lost y'know... and very tired -.-'
 
oh well... ^^

KionaKina on May 27, 2007, 5:20:24 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaah

WingedSheep on May 27, 2007, 5:24:32 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheepyep xD