Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Tears

Kay gets sick and her friends are stuck out of town, so Mokuba offers for her to recover at the Kaiba mansion. Seto is not too happy about this, but will he start feeling differently for Kay? And will being sick make her tell Seto how she feels about him?

Chapter 6 - Tears

Chapter 6 - Tears
Kay was sitting in the living room. Seto had been sick for three days. The snow was finally starting to melt, but she had to stay there until he could get better medical attention. His fever was down at least. SOMETHING good.

Mokuba was tucked into bed. It was about ten. Kay could not get herself to feel tired. So she was just browsing the channels on the T.V. Nothing good. A cough caught her attention and she turned to see Seto going down the stairs.

"What are you doing?" Kay asked. "You're suppossed to be in bed."

"I am not five, Kay."

"You might as well be."

"I've been sleeping all day. That and eating chicken soup and drinking orange juice."

"That's good. You want to get better, don't you?" she asked.

"I'm in a sweater, sweatpants, and have a blanket around me and wool socks. It's like I'm still in bed."

"Well, at least sit down. I want to make sure you don't sneak into your office." Seto rolled his eyes and sat down next to her on the couch. "there is nothing good on tonight."

"What else is new?" Kay sighed and turned off the TV.

"I hate Tuesday nights. Nothing good is ever on."

"Yeah." He looked at Kay and she seemed a little depressed.

"Something wrong?"

"Huh?"

"You look depressed." Kay sighed.

"Today was the day Adelinda was kidnapped. It's been four months." Kay shook her head.

"...do you want to tell me about it?" Seto asked, his voice was surprisingly gentle. Must be the fever speaking. But Kay really needed to get this off her chest. Alex and Pegasus knew about this, but she had never really talked to them about it.

"I went to pick her up from school. I waited for her outside, but she never came. When I went inside to ask, her teacher said she had left with everyone else. I looked all over the campus but she was gone. Alex called me after an hour and asked me where I was. I told her Adelidna was gone and I looked everywhere I could think of. Her favorite stores, resturaunts. I went to all of her friends houses. I kept phoning home to see if she was there, but she wasn't.

"When I finally stopped, it was almost midnight." Kay covered her face with her hands. "Adelinda always said she wanted to be like me. She thought of me like a mom." Tears rolled down her face. "I promised to always keep her safe but I couldn't even do that!" she shook her head and tears streamed down her face. "I am a terrible sister..."

"Kay, it's not your fault."

"Yes it is, ok? You don't get it, Kaiba. You did not lose Mokuba. You've protected him, kept him safe. Adelinda depended on me and I let her down. Now she is Lord knows where. She could be DEAD like my mother and my big sister. I couldn't do anything about that either. I walked into my house and there they were, dead. All I could do was cry. That's it! I'm useless, Kaiba. I might as well not exist. Then maybe life would be better off-" Seto grabbed her wrist and pulled her to him and hugged her.

"You and I both know that's not true, so quit telling yourself that." Kay buried her face into his chest and hugged himback, trembling slightly.

"I don't know what to think anymore..." she said, her voice soft and sad.

"...would it help if I talked to you about what happened to me and Mokuba? You might not feel so bad." She looked up at him, tears still rolling down her cheeks. (Yeah, TOTALLY the fever speaking here, folks.) "We were at home with our nanny playing duel monsters. Then the phone rang. We didn't think much about it and our nanny answered. Her face turned white and she hung up. Then she told us our parents were gone.

"I didn't believe it, at first. I went in there room and it felt like nothing had changed. But there was a weight in my chest. Mokuba cried at their funeral, but I couldn't. I wanted to cry, but I couldn't." Seto tighten his grip on her slightly. "Our relatives wanted nothing to do with us. They used up our inheiritance and dropped us at the orphanage. That first night, when I was alone in my bed, I cried for the first and last time. Now...I don't want to cry anymore..."

"Why?" He looked into her curious green eyes.

"Because...I feel like I'll be weak...and I want to be strong for Mokuba."

"But...you're only hurting yourself. You're letting all of the pain gather in your heart."

"That may be, but..." Kay gently touched the side of his face.

"If you cried right now, I would not think any differently of you." He rested his head on her shoulder but still did not cry. She gently strokes his soft brown hair.

"When you feel all alone, and the world has turned its back on you, give me a moment please...to tame your wild wild heart. I know you feel like the walls are closing in on you. It's hard to find relief and people can be so cold... When darkness is upon your door, and you feel like you can't take anymore...Let me be the one you call. If you jump, I'll break your fall, lift you up and fly away with you into the night. If you need to fall apart, I can mend a broken heart. If you need to crash then crash and burn, you're not alone."

Seto felt like there a lump in his throat. His heart was sore. Tears flowed from his blue eyes and he cried into her shoulder. A sight that would have been said impossible. Kaleigh Simms and Seto Kaiba sitting together, hugging one another, and crying together. Two souls who swore to hate one another. And yet, there they were. Crashing and burning together.

(WOW, Seto must be REALLY ill, huh?)

Ok, that was my update. Forgive my sappiness. The song lyrics were "Crash and Burn" by Savage Garden. I hope you liked it.

Comments

Comments (12)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KhaoticWolf on June 14, 2007, 2:49:23 PM

KhaoticWolf on
KhaoticWolfThat's so nice. They're opening up to each other.

KionaKina on June 15, 2007, 1:34:23 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaah yes, the sappy romance

PandaChan21 on May 22, 2007, 11:29:26 PM

PandaChan21 on
PandaChan21I loves it!

KionaKina on May 23, 2007, 10:44:17 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinadomo arigato

SnowKitty on May 20, 2007, 10:10:03 AM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyWhoa. Depressing chappie, sort of. The beginning was the only exception. That picture at the end, I still find it a bit difficult to picture. Good chappie!

KionaKina on May 20, 2007, 10:55:16 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinayeah...i find it hard to picture too so you're not alone

AlleyCat17 on May 20, 2007, 3:50:50 AM

AlleyCat17 on
AlleyCat17awwww very sad *crys* but great chappy.*sniffle* im ok now.more chappys.^^

KionaKina on May 20, 2007, 4:15:11 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaThank you. And I will update eventually ^^

WingedSheep on May 19, 2007, 9:20:49 PM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheep*sobs*
 
aww.... poor Kay and Seto... 
 
i hope they wont cry anymore...
 
all this chapter was sooo sad and deep... awww...
 
 
 
 
*later*
 
oh well... ^^ this was briliant chapie too ^^ yay! wohoo!!! hooray! xD
 
*bows*
 
thank for your attention ^^
 
 

KionaKina on May 19, 2007, 11:28:28 PM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaI'm glad you like it. I thought it'd be kinda sweet if they opened their hearts to each other. And since Seto was sick, I HAD AN EXCUSE WHY HE CARED! YAY!!!

WingedSheep on May 20, 2007, 1:51:00 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheepxD good excuse!
 
*blinks*
 

KionaKina on May 20, 2007, 1:51:45 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaindeed

Moon_Princess on May 19, 2007, 11:25:15 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessO.O...


...*sniffle* T-that was SUCH a t-touching Chapter!!! *blows nose in tissue*

It was beautiful!!! TT.TT

Awesome chapter! *thumbs up* I hope you update soon! ^_^


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on May 19, 2007, 11:26:22 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinalol thank you, I feel so loved *hugs*