Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - A Breeze of Spring

Kay gets sick and her friends are stuck out of town, so Mokuba offers for her to recover at the Kaiba mansion. Seto is not too happy about this, but will he start feeling differently for Kay? And will being sick make her tell Seto how she feels about him?

Chapter 7 - A Breeze of Spring

Chapter 7 - A Breeze of Spring
"Well, the snow is finally starting to melt." Kay moved away from the window. "The weatherman says it's gonna be gone by tomorrow."

"So...you're leaving tomorrow?" Mokuba asked sadly. Kay gave a small smile and nodded.

"I'm afraid so, kiddo. I gotta get ready for Alex to come back. She's gonna have to rant about the crappiness of her trip."

"Yeah..." Kay bent down to his level.

"Hey, why are you so sad? It's not like I'm moving. I'll still come visit and everything. You act like you'll never see me again."

"It's just...you've been here for more than a week and I feel like you're my big sister and you've always been here. I don't want you to go, Kay-Chan." This surprised her. She put on a kind smile and hugged him.

"Aw Mokey, I see you as my little brother. But I don't live here. Besides, I've driven your brother to the brink of insanity enough for one week." Mokuba nodded.

"I guess...but with you and Seto both here and him not having to work or anything...it was almost like mom and dad were still alive."

"...yea...being here kinda made me feel like Adelinda had never disappeared." Kay shook her head a bit and let go of Mokuba and stood up, wiping her eyes. "Well, I guess I'd better try to get hold of Alex and see when she is flying in." Kay walked away to the office to use the phone.

Mokuba hung his head a bit. "Ok..."

"Mokuba!" He jumped and turned to see Seto.

"O-oh, hey Nii-sama. Why are you out of bed?" Mokuba asked nervously, hoping he had not heard what he had said to Kay.

"I'm over my fever. Tell me, you're not trying to get that little wench to stay here, are you?" Seto asked icily. (He hasn't changed a bit, has he -_-'. Told you it was the fever talking)

"N-no, of course not. Kay has her own home to go to."

"Good, I'm glad you know that. I've seen enough of her." Seto walked into the kitchen, barking at a maid to get him some coffee. Mokuba sighed.

"Seto just isn't a morning person..." he said to himself. The CEO got his coffee and walked to his office but stopped whn=en he saw Kay using the phone. When did he say she was allowed to do that?

"Ok Alex. I'll pick you up at the airport, no problem...mmm-hmm. Don't worry, everything will be ok. Is everyone else ok? ...alright. They'll ride the bus home? ...ok, that's fine. Yeah, I'll talk to you later. Have a safe trip back. ..." Kay laughed a bit. "Yea, you're my one and only too." (That's a little joke Alex and I have) "Talk to you later, bye" She hung up the phone and turned to walk out of the office and she bumped into Seto. "Hey, morning sleepy head. You're looking much better today."

"You're one and only?" he asked, a weirded out expression on his face.

"Yeah. A little joke Alex and I made...actually, she made it, I went along with it." Kay shrugged and smiled. "Hey, what can you do? Well, sinc eyou're better, I gues I have no choice but to let you go back to being a workoholic." She walked past him, that little grin of hers gracing her lips.

Seto watched her walk away and sat down at his computer. He started typing rapidly and his mind replayed events ov the past week and a half.

He remembered his "kiss" with Kay. After thinking about it, he figured out what caused it. She had been dizzy and dillusional and it turns out he reminded her of some kind of family member and she had kissed him as though he had been a big sibling, or a mother, or father.

But knowing that, the memory still made him embarrassed. He also remembered another time when she had been sick. (NOTE: This was never in another chappie, so huzzah)

They had been sitting together. She was kinda dazing, but she was not as bad as when he had tucked her in bed. Mokuba was busy getting her some soup...or was it muffins again? Well, who knows?

Seto had changed the channel and saw a soap opera was on and it was a sappy, sentimental moment in which the girl confessed she was "madly in love with him and wanted to be with him til the day she dies and does not care if he hates her, she loves him more than anoyone or anything."

"Have you ever felt that way?" Kay had asked him quietly just before he changed the channel.

"What?" Her eyes were half closed and she was not looking at him.

"Have you ever loved anyone secretly, Kaiba?" she asked just as quietly as before.

"Pfft, no."

"You've never liked anyone?"

"Never. Romance is so pointless. It's nothing more than a distraction."

"So, if someone said they love you-"

"They have. Fangirls constantly tell me they love me and we're soulmates and a whole bunch of crap."

"No, not a fangirl. Someone who truly loves you for who you are, not for how you look or your wealth. How would you respond?" she asked. For someone who was sick as a dog, she was able to ask some pretty good questions. It made him think.

Dammit, he was not supposed to think about these things. But what could it hurt? He'd wondered about something like this before. Would someone ever really fall in love with HIM? He found that hard to beleive. But what would he do?

"...I don't know."

"Are you sure about that?"

"What is that supposed to mean?" he asked, annoyed.

"Do you not know or are you unwilling to accept the answer?"

"Of course I don't know. What the hell are you, a fortune cookie?" Seto snapped.

"...Kaiba..." She opened her eyes a bit more and looked at him. "Do you have to be so temperamental? I'm just curious is all." He stared back at her.

"Well it sounds more like you're snooping." Kay sighed.

"I'm not, I promise. Kaiba, I-"

"Here's your soup, Kay!" Mokuba said cheerfully. Or it was a muffin or...whatever. She smiled at him.

"Thank you, Mokey." And that was the end of that.

He could not help but wonder how that sentence would have ended.

The next day came and the snow was gone. Mokuba convinced Seto to give Kay the money for a taxi ride home. She insisted she would pay them back, but Mokuba continuously refused. Seto just stood in silence.

"Well, I'll see you guys later." Kay smiled and waved at them and walked outside then into the taxi waiting for her and drove away. A warm wind blew over them.

"Hey, a spring gust!"

"Yeah."

"That explains why the snow melted." Mokuba smiled. "Spring is on the way. Hey, that means the garden is gonna bloom again soon. I can't wait!" Mokuba said, smiling.

Seto simply shrugged.

"Come on." He walked back inside. Mokuba followed.

Kay drove home and looked outside. There were stil some patches of frost on the street and on the sidewalks. She saw the wind blow some stuff in the street and smiled a bit.

"Maybe there is some hope for Kaiba after all. If he put up with me this whole time, who knows. He might actually be nicer." Kay smiled to herself. "That'd be nice."

And that's all she wrote, folks. So ends "Kay's gotten Sick." I hope you enjoyed the story.

Comments

Comments (10)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

AlleyCat17 on May 31, 2007, 4:57:41 AM

AlleyCat17 on
AlleyCat17wow really good ending.and i really liked this chapter.

KionaKina on May 31, 2007, 7:52:05 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaI'm glad to hear that

PandaChan21 on May 28, 2007, 11:37:35 PM

PandaChan21 on
PandaChan21Right, might. That is the operative word here.

KionaKina on May 29, 2007, 4:21:00 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinathat is the truth

SnowKitty on May 28, 2007, 8:44:49 AM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyYes, I did enjoy it. You are crazy about muffins, and that is AWESOME!

KionaKina on May 28, 2007, 8:58:57 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinayes, MUFFINS RULE!

Moon_Princess on May 28, 2007, 4:50:49 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessYAY!!! That was an AWESOME story!! =D

It was so cute!! Awesome job! It was wonderful! ^-^


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on May 28, 2007, 4:55:32 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKina*Bows* Domo arigato, my dear friend

WingedSheep on May 27, 2007, 4:54:12 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheepwoopie!!! another chapie!!! *jumping around*
 
yay!!! I LOVE this one!  ^^
 
keep going xD

KionaKina on May 27, 2007, 4:54:59 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaum, the story is over. ^^'

WingedSheep on May 27, 2007, 5:11:12 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheepwhen i said "keep going" i meant about you other stories ^^