Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Looking Back

The second story in my series.

It's been a month since Kay and her friends transferred, and lately she has been getting depressed but nobody knows why. Will she be ok in the end?

Pairings: Duke x Tiffany Bri x Honda Tori x Yami Bakura

Chapter 5 - Looking Back

Chapter 5 - Looking Back
The gang walked with Seto to his limo and they drove off to Kaiba Corp. after picking Mokuba up from elementary school.

"Seto, do you think you can find her? I'm worried."

"Don't worry about her, Mokuba."

"...still mad at her?"

"...of course not." He said THIS through gritted teeth and a clenched fist.

"...you're a bad liar, Seto."

"what kind of name is Seto anyway?" Alex randomly asked. Everyone gave her a weird look. "What? It's been on my mind." Seto rolled his eyes.

"Idiots, I'm surrounded by idiots."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Kay walked up the steps to Domino Museum. She was wearing a black leather trench coat, black jeans, a red T-shirt, and a red and black hat. Her hair was in a ponytail. She walked up the high stairs and walked inside.

Egyptian artifacts were everywhere in the museum. Relics, pictures, even a mummy casket. She looked around. Nothing better than what she had read in her Egyptology books. Kay walked past the door to the basement then stopped walking and looked at it.

She felt like something more interesting could be found down the dark flight of stairs. Shrugging a bit, she walked down the stairs. Besides, it was less likely anyone would find her if she was somewhere forbidden.

The room she entered was lit. There were two stones with carvings on them in the wall behind glass. She looked at one. There were carvings that looked like duel monster cards. She smirked a bit.

"I remember this. Uncle told me all about the shadow games. Now I can see the actual tablets for proof." She shook her head a bit. "What a game it was back then." She walked to the left and looked at the next tablet. Her eyes widened.

"Yugi?! The pharaoh was Yugi?" she asked. Kay looked at the heiroglyphs. She was jsut barely able to read them. "'The pharaoh faced his greatest oppenent, the sorceror was his own cousin and one of his priests.'" Kay looked up at the sorceror and her eyes widened again. "Kaiba?! Oh my God...and that's the Blue Eyes White Dragon." She backed up. "This is freaky." Kay straightened and spun to see a woman in a white dress with jet black hair and green eyes approaching her. "Who are you?"

"I see you have sharp senses."

"I heard your footsteps. Now, who are you?"

"I am Ishizu Ishtar, Miss Simms."

"Oh yes, I remember you. My uncle gave you the God Cards he developed."

"That is correct. And you have discovered the pharaoh's tablets. But there is more than this. I have some new tablets that may interest you."

"Well, I don't have anything better to do."

"Follow me." Ishizu walked down a hall and Kay followed. "Miss Simms, do you believe in reincarnation?"

"Yes, I do."

"And do you also believe in destiny?"

"In a sense. But I do not think fate is carved in stone. I beleive we can control some of our destiny."

"Really?"

"Yes. I also believe fate can be misinterpretted. One may believe you are destined to do something and try to avoid it but it occurs in a different and unexpected way. Destiny is not stone, but elastic. It can bend, but not be completely changed."

"That is an interesting and clevar thought."

"Thank you. I have written things like this into novels, Miss Ishtar." They entered another large room and Ishizu hit the lights.

"Here." There were four tablets in this room. Kay walked up to one. She stared in shock. There were four people on this tablet and four duel monster cards: Dark Magician, Dark Magician Girl, the Blue Eyes White dragon, and Hyozonryu.

"Incredible."

"It is foretold that these three duel monsters were actually real people in the Ancient Egypt and when they died, their ka became these onsters who served for the pharaoh. But not all of the mysteries have been explained, like who they were and-"

"Kisara."

"What?"

"The girl there." Kay pointed to the girl under the Blue Eyes white dragon. "Her name is Kisara. She was a poor girl who was mistreated because she had white skin and blue hair, but then she met Priest Seto. He was kind to her. They fell in love, and she died protecting him. Her spirit is eternally loyal to him." Ishizu stared at her, shock decorating her face.

"Go on."

"The next person." She pointed to the man under the Dark Magician. "His name was Mahaado. He was the pharaoh's best friend and a magician. He died trying to stop a thief from taking the millennium items. And the girl next to him." She pointed to the girl under the Dark Magician Girl. "Her name was Mana. She was Mahaado's apprentice. She was a close friend to the pharaoh and had some feelings for him, but she also had feelings for her master and she swore to become a great magician after Mahaado died."

"And the last person?"

Kay looked at the last person and stared.

"She...looks just like me..." Kay whispered. She tried to think, but knew nothing of her. She looked at the heiroglyphs. "The only thing I can read here is her name; Khephera."

"That is so strange you know so much about those three. Nobody I know can read those heiroglyphs."

"I don't know how I know, Ishizu. I honestly don't know."

"Well, here is the next tablet." They walked to the right and looked at the next one. There was another duel monster, Magician's Valkerya. And there was also the millennium puzzle and two people; Yugi (the pharaoh) and a girl.

"That's Cat! No, Luna."

"You know about her too?"

"Yes. Luna was the pharaoh's love. They were going to get married but she died and her ka was Magician's Valkerya. The pharaoh grew darker and more evil, and he did save the world, but was willing to destroy it too with his newfound power, that is why he was dueling Priest Seth. The pharaoh's soul was sealed into the millennium puzzle after he lost. And...today, he is Yami..." Kay's eyes widened. "I gave dating advice to the pharaoh?!" she exclaimed.

"Huh?" Ishizu asked, but Kay did not hear her.

"Now I know why Yami likes Cat, she was his past love."

"The pharaoh likes a girl?"

"Yeah, my friend Cat. She is Luna's reincarnation."

"Really?"

"Yes. It's fate, I suppose."

"Indeed it is."

"Wow...I came here to hide out from being found, but I learned things I never dreamed would be real."

"And there are two more tablets, the final one is what you must see before you go." They walked to the next stone tablet. "We believe this one is a future prophecy. Can you read it, Miss Simms?"

"Hmm." She squinted a bit. "'As sure as Ra will rise and the stars will shine, the three gods of destruction will open the gate. The great ruler who is our god will return to us, and relive these moments to his end again. And at his side stand a group of heroes, who may change fate together. And darkness will not rain upon the world, in both the past and the future ahead.'"

"Do you understand what it means?"

"I can't be completely sure, to be honest."

"Well, don't think on it too much. And now, the final table-"

"There!" They both turned to see Kaiba, Alex, Cat, Jackie, and...everyone else who was looking for Kay, standing there.

"Kay-Chan!" Kristen exclaimed. "Where have you been?" Kay growled a bit.

"I cannot believe you guys found me here."

"What is that suppossed to mean?! We were worried sick! I thought the same thing happened to you as it did to-"

"Alex, say one more thing and you won't be able to say another word for as long as you live. I'm here on buisness now, so you all can leave. How did you even find me?!" Kay demanded, now very angry at them.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Simms?" Seto snapped. She glared at him.

"Keep your rich @$$ out of this, pretty boy. This is none of your buisness."

"You don't have the right to speak to your boss that way."

"I'LL SPEAK HOWEVER I WANT! I'm sick of you thinking you're superior to everyone. Newsflash, YOU'RE NOT! You are just a pathetic excuse for a human being who got lucky and became rich."

"WATCH YOUR MOUTH! I was the one who tracked oyu down for your dweeby little friends."

"THAT MAKES YOU SOUND LIKE A DAMN STALKER!"

"WANT TO SAY THAT AGAIN? I swear, if you make one more false move, I will report you and your friend to the school about your jobs and make sure you are expelled."

"I DON'T GIVE A CRAP ANYMORE! I'VE HAD ENOUGH TO HEAR WITH YOU! If oyu want me expelled, FINE! The minute I can, I'm moving out of this rat hole town for good."

"GOOD!"

"Kay-Chan..." Jackie whispered hesitantly.

"Stay out of this!" she snarled, causing Jackie to back up in fear.

"Miss Simms," Ishizu said calmly, "try and calm down."

"I WILL WHEN HE LEAVES!" Kay yelled, pointing at Kaiba. "Better yet, I'LL go." Kay pushed past everyone and ran up the stairs.

"Oh THAT IS IT!" Seto followed her. Because he was taller and took longer steps, he was able to catch up to her. He grabbed her wrist. "Listen up, you little witch. You are becoming a real pain."

"Then WHY the hell do you keep putting up with me, Kaiba?" she snapped. "I want to be left alone, why is that so hard to get? Are you deaf or stupiud or what?"

"Watch your mouth."

"WHY DON'T YOU MAKE ME."

"What in God's name is wrong with you?! Are you on your period or what? You're acting like a first class dog." She balled up her fist and tried to punch him, but he was ready and grabbed her fist and gripped hold her hand tightly.

He noticed her skin felt very soft against his and her hand was suprisingly delicate, it felt like she actually had sensitive skin and bones in her hands. Not something he expected.

She felt her heart stop for a second when her took hold of her hand. Her fingers were uncurled and her hand was motionless in his. Why did she feel so weird??? She should hit him with her other fist.

So, she tried, but her grabbed that hand too. Darn it!

"I'll take it yes, you are?" he asked, his voice jsut a bit softer than before. She glared.

"No!" she snapped.

"Then why are you being this way?"

"None of your buisness, Kaiba."

"I think it is. You work for me. Mokuba is also worried about you."

"Then let Mokuba ask me. He cares, you don't. Now let go of me."

"what if I don't?"

"I'll kick you. You can't restrain my legs."

"I could, but we're in public."

"Wha-? Oh my God, you're sick!"

"Hey, I know you slap hard, I'll bet you kick harder. I'm not gonna stand here and just let you assault me. That doesn't mean I'm a pervert."

"The position you brought to mind makes you a pervert."

"You're the one who thought about it."

"You're the one who hinted at it."

"You're the one wishing I would do it."

"What?! Hell no! That is disgusting."

"Admit it. You were thinking about it fondly."

"EW! You're disgusting, Kaiba! I'm not one of your slutty little fangirls."

"How do I know you don't have a secret shrine to me in the back of your closet?"

"You narcissist FREAK! Who would do something freaky like that?"

"I have a list somewhere." Kay shook her head.

"Have I ever told you how much I hate you?"

"No, you haven't."

"Well, I-"

"Um, are we interuppting something?" Cat asked. Kay and Seto looked to see everyone staring at them. Picture this, Seto is holding both of her hands, they are looking each other in the eyes, YOU'RE GONNAGET THE WRONG IDEA IF YOU WALK OVER TO THAT!

Kay immediately jerked her hands away. "I hate you, Seto Kaiba!" she snarled. "Now stop following me, I want to be alone." Kay took off running.

"Kay-Chan!" Alex cried.

"Let her go. She already tried punching me twice, she might vent out the rest of her anger on you." Alex sighed.

"Yeah...but what were you two talking about?"

"I had to hold onto her hands so she wouldn't punch me."

"Smart."

"I'm a genius, what can I say?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Kay ran and ran and soon found herself near Kaiba Corp. Mokuba saw her from his window and got down and outside as fast as he could.

"Kay!" he cried. She looked up.

"Oh, hi Mokuba."

"Kay, are you OK? Everyone is out looking for you."

"I know, I just ran into them."

"Kay, please tell me what's wrong with you. I want to help." Kay bit her lip. Should she tell Mokuba?

"...alright, but not here. Come with me to my place and I'll tell you what's wrong, ok?"

"Ok." Kay called a taxi an they both got in.

HUZZAH! Another chappie, and more Ryuuzashipping! YAY! Okies, next chappie let's see why Kay is being so weird. Stay tuned.

Comments

Comments (10)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KhaoticWolf on June 14, 2007, 1:25:54 PM

KhaoticWolf on
KhaoticWolfSo much drama! I love it! *throws money at you and runs away*

KionaKina on June 15, 2007, 1:41:33 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKina*Stares at money* ..sweet. *Goes to buy a video game*

SnowKitty on June 3, 2007, 12:25:13 PM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyI just have one question. What kind of name is Seto anyways? Alex made a very good point in the story. I am always being entertained by the fights Kay has with Kaiba. Good chapppie!

KionaKina on June 4, 2007, 12:32:07 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaAs am I. And I believe Seto means Seahorse

WingedSheep on June 2, 2007, 11:52:25 PM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheepoh my.... that was sooo awesome ^^

PandaChan21 on June 2, 2007, 1:35:53 PM

PandaChan21 on
PandaChan21Great job! I'm glad to hear that I'm coming in soon!

AlleyCat17 on June 2, 2007, 8:55:40 AM

AlleyCat17 on
AlleyCat17omg that is so sad.and man she is really mad about something and i know what she misses her sister really alot.anyways good story even the part when kay a.k.a you slap seto in the face.

KionaKina on June 2, 2007, 9:13:01 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaThat was my favorite part ^^

Moon_Princess on June 2, 2007, 7:23:05 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessYAY! New chappie! *dances around stupidly* That was a GREAT chappie!! x3

I still wanna know why Kay-chan seems to have anger problems. X_X So update soon as u can, M'kay? ^^

It was an awesome chappie! Keep it up! x3


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on June 2, 2007, 7:24:08 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaI seriously want to update, like, now...maybe I should... *Snicker snicker* *Skips away*