Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Dance Your Heart Out (DDR)

The second story in my series.

It's been a month since Kay and her friends transferred, and lately she has been getting depressed but nobody knows why. Will she be ok in the end?

Pairings: Duke x Tiffany Bri x Honda Tori x Yami Bakura

Chapter 8 - Dance Your Heart Out (DDR)

Chapter 8 - Dance Your Heart Out (DDR)
BRIIIING!

The final bell rang and Kay zoomed out of her classroom. She was really excited because today she was going to the arcade with Mokuba. What could be more fun than that? Of course, Kaiba did not know which only made her smile. She loved keeping secrets behind Kaiba's back.

It has been a week since the incident and everything was back to normal. How great is that? Bri and Kay had become good friends and Bri revealed herself to be from Spain. Kay thought that was freakihsly awesome.

Tori and Yami Bakura definately seemed to have a thing for each other. He came out a lot more. It was...interesting. ^^'

Kay waved to Yugi and Kristen as she ran by and soon got outside then waited on the sidewalk for Seto. She took out her headphones and started listening to "Best Friends."

She was a little more than half way through the song, when she felt something touch her shoulder. Kay jumped a bit and spun, slapping the person who had startled her. Then she realized she had hit Seto...oops...

Kay froze up and then slowly took the headphones out of her ears. Seto stared at her. His mouth twitched a little in the corner, almost like he didn't know whether to yell, laugh, or do nothing.

"I-I'm sorry....you just scared me. I swear I didn't mean to hit y-" He held up a hand to shut her up.

"Just...don't worry about it."

"Did I hurt you?" she asked meekly.

"No." She sighed in relief.

"That's good." The limo pulled up and Roland opened the door for Kay. She smiled and said thank you then slid in. Seto sat next to her and the door closed. He started to pull out his lapop but she grabbed his hand and shook her head firmly. "Come on, you work 24/7. Can't you just sit and have a conversation with me this one time?" she asked.

"Why? We have nothing to discuss."

"Au contraire."

"Then what shall we talk about?"

"Well, how was your day today, Kaiba-kun?" He blinked at the new nickname.

"Um...fine."

"Ok...can you be a little bit more specific?"

"Well...um..." He pursed his lips a bit. Kay looked at him and tilted her head slightly.

"Aw, he actually looks kinda cute liek that...WAIT! What in God's name am I thimking?!" He looked at her and her eyebrows and nose were winkled slightly and she looked dismayed and perplexed.

"...something wrong?" he asked.

"Nah. Just thinking about...very...odd...stuff...ooh! There's Tiffany and Duke!" Kay leaned over Seto to wave out the window. "Hey guys!"

"Hi Kay!" Tiffany called. She an dDuke both waved at her.

"Aw, they were holding hands, how cute."

"Um...er..." Seto felt rather awkward. Kay noticed this and quickly leaned back.

"Sorry about that. I get excited easilly, but I'm sure that was obvious. No need for a smart, sarcastic remark."

"Well you're just prepared for everything, aren't you?"

"I SAID NO SARCASTIC REMARK!!" she snapped. >.< This made him chuckle.

"Too bad."

"You are so mean!"

"Took you long enough to figure that out, Simms." She frowned a bit. "What now?"

"Can you not call me by my last name? Can't you call me Kay? It sounds so harsh when you call me 'Simms.'" He blinked.

"Kay?"

"Yeah!" she said, beaming. "I like it so much more. Don't you?"

"I...guess..."

"If you prefer 'Kay-Chan' or 'Kay-Kun' then that's fine. Tis what my friends call me."

"Uh...I think I'll just stick with Kay." She shrugged and smiled.

"Whateve-" She was cut off when the limo suddenly braked and she fell off her seat along with Seto and the bumped heads.

"OW!" both of them said together. The limo started moving as they started getting up, than it braked again and Seto fell on top of Kay.

"Ouch!" she cried.

"Sorry..." he mumbled, trying to get off of her, but only making it uncomfortable for both of them. They were, at this point, kind of tangled up. "Roland!" Seto snapped.

"I'm sorry, Sir. There's a car in front of us who continues hitting the brakes." Seto growled.

"Um...Kaiba?" He looked at at Kay to see the poor thing totally being crushed underneath him.

"Oh my God." He tried and to get them untangled and then succeeded after about five minutes and they both sat in their seats again. Kay smoothed her hair and Seto smoothed his clothes.

"Here we are, sir." Roland opened the door and Seto slid out then Kay followed. Mokuba ran outside before they had even walked up the steps to the mansion.

"Nii-Sama! Kay-Chan!" he cried excitedly. Mokuba hugged Seto who smiled at him and ruffled his hair affectionatly.

"Hi Mokuba." Mokuba smiled up at Seto then he went to hug Kay, who hugged him back.

"Hey Mokie-kun!" she greeted. They walked into the mansion. Seto went to his room to change clothes. This was odd. Kay had never seen him in anything other than his school uniform and his trench coat, which she was in love with.

And he never changed out of his school uniform at home, he always changed at work. Oh well. She went in the kitchen with Mokuba and prepared him a snack and also made one for herself. Onigiri for herself, chocolate parfait for Mokuba.

Seto walked into the kitchen in a white suit, light blue shirt, and blue tie. "Ok, I'm going now." Kay stared, he looked REALLY good. She quickly looked away when he started looking at her, but Mokuba noticed and smirked when he saw her blushing, despite the fact that she tried to hide it with her hand.

"Have a good day!" was all she said, without even looking at her. Mokuba smiled and nodded.

"Yes, Nii-Sama." Seto nodded.

"Kay, don't corrupt my brother."

"I doubt I can corrupt him more than you have."

"What?"

"Nothing." She smiled innocently at him.

"That smile is so fake."

"No it isn't." He rolled his eyes and walked away. They soon heard the front door open and close then the limo drive away.

"Kay, do you like my brother?" Mokuba asked. Kay's face turned bright red.

"No way!" she said, shaking her head. "That'd be so weird. He and I are too different."

"Well, you know opposites attract."

"I don't think that applies in this case, Mokie."

"Hmm...are you sure?"

"Why?" Mokuba shrugged.

"You were just blushing when you saw him in that suit." Kay shrugged uncomfortably.

"Well...I admit your brother is pretty good looking, but that doesn't mean I want to date him. It'd be way too strange."

"Ah ha, so you DO like him."

"NO! I just think sometimes he's kinda good looking. That's it."

"You're blushing even more."

"Be quiet and go change or we won't go to the arcade!"

"Ok." Mokuba ran up to his room. Kay went into the bathroom and changed out of her uniform into a lavender, silk tank top, black jeans, and boots. Then she put her hair up into a ponytail and applied some matching make up and perfume.

Mokuba was waiting for her in the living room, in jeans and a navy blue T-shirt with the Japanese symbol for "power" in ywllow on the front.. Kay want outside with him and locked the door to the mansion and Roland drove up. They went to the arcade and Kay took him to the DDR machine.

Nobody was there, shockingly enough, so they went on it.

Kay showed Mokuba how to play. He wound up getting pretty good and having a good time. That is, until...

"Oh, is he supposed to be dancing?" a voice asked. Kay turned to see Minako smirking at her. "I thought he was killing a bug. And Simms, what are you wearing metal boots? You're stomping around like a gorilla." Kay glared and Mokuba hung his head sadly.

"You stupid little slut. Let's see you beat me. If I win, you will aplogize to Mokuba and give us money for an entire day at the arcade."

"And if I win, Seto Kaiba goes on a date with me."

"Um, you're asking for the impossible."

"The little brat makes him go out with me." Kay snarled.

"How dare you talk about Mokuba like that! I'm going to get you, Minako."

"Kay, don't." Mokuba took her wrist." It's ok. Just beat her in DDR."

"Fine. Get up here, Minako." Mokuba walked off the stage and Minako smirked and stepped up.

"This will be easy."

"You think so?" Kay asked, glaring. Mokuba stood as far as he could from Minako and her group and friends and as close as he could to Kay. They chose the difficulty level "Flash" and the song "Sandstorm."

"Dancers, are you ready? And...BEGIN!" the announcer yelled.

The music started and the first arrows started showing up. Kay and Minako started dancing.

"Hey, check them out!" a boy yelled. In no time, there was a crowd of people around the DDR machine. Mokuba felt himself get pushed around and then he bumped into a solid figure.

"Sorry-Seto?!" he exclaimed, looking up at the figure.

"Mokuba, what are you doing here? Where's Kay?"

"Up there." He pointed to the DDR platform. "She's dancing against a mean lady who was making fun of me." Seto looked up. He automatically recognized Minako and groaned. Kay looked different to him. Probably because he was not used to seeing her in those clothes or dancing. She seemed a bit older to him. "Oh, and if Kay loses, you have to go on a date with the mean lady."

"What?!" Seto growled.

"D-don't worry, I'm sure Kay will win."

"For her sake, you'd better be right." The song was halfway through, and Minako was starting to fall back. She was getting less perfects. Kay was getting nothing but perfect.

"You won't win!" Minako growled, pushing Kay who slammed against the railing of her stage painfully. She kept one eye open, the other closed from her wince, and kept her feet moving and straightened slowly, quickly moving back into the music.

"You little cheater!" she hissed. Minako simply smirked and Kay saw she was going to try and trip her so she decided to give the audience a show and quite literally danced out of Minako's way, with little spins.

"Wow, look at her go."

"She's creaming that other one."

Think I can get their numbers?"

Boys in the audience were saying stuff like this. Seto and Mokuba stared in shock.

"Whoa..." they both said. The song soon ended and Minako got an A, Kay got a AA.

"Looks like I win, fork over the money." Minako growled but kept her side of the deal and emptied out her wallet. Kay counted the bills. "Hardly enough, but it will due." Minako stomped off with her friends and Kay laughed at her while getting off her stage. "Pathetic."

"Kay-Chan!" Mokuba cried, running over to her. "You were amazing."

"Thank you."

"And you'll never guess, I bumped into Se-" Mokuba spn but saw nobody was there. Kay blinked.

"Who?"

"He's gone?" Mokuba said. "Um...ok?"

"Well, whatever, let's go and play some games."

"YEAH!"

Comments

Comments (12)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KhaoticWolf on June 14, 2007, 1:44:44 PM

KhaoticWolf on
KhaoticWolfDDR is so awesome! Sandstorm is such a wicked song.

KionaKina on June 15, 2007, 1:42:09 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaI know! I was listening to it while I wrote that chapter

PandaChan21 on June 6, 2007, 9:06:46 AM

PandaChan21 on
PandaChan21AWESOME!!! U ROCKA MEH SOX AT DDR!!!!

KionaKina on June 6, 2007, 1:05:39 PM

KionaKina on
KionaKinathank you, I'm so flattered

SnowKitty on June 4, 2007, 8:14:09 AM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyYeah! You show Minako who's boss! She is so EVIL! That was a totally awesome chappie! I'm putting exclamation points at the end of every sentence! I'm strange! Update soon!

KionaKina on June 4, 2007, 10:40:56 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaOK ^^ I update TONIGHT! *Dramatic music in background because...there...just...is*

AlleyCat17 on June 4, 2007, 4:47:40 AM

AlleyCat17 on
AlleyCat17awesome chapter.and you sure showed her.

KionaKina on June 4, 2007, 10:40:31 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaBecause I'm awesome, jk. ^^

WingedSheep on June 4, 2007, 4:14:13 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheepwoah! that was sweet! xD
 
Kay starts to feel something for seto!!! wohooo!!! ^^

KionaKina on June 4, 2007, 10:40:18 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinayesh, that warm fuzzy feeling that drives you off the wall

WingedSheep on June 4, 2007, 11:28:01 PM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheep^^

Moon_Princess on June 4, 2007, 4:08:29 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessYAY! New chappie! x3

That was awesome! You totally kicked that slut out of there! x3
Awesome chappie! I look forward to the next one! =D


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on June 4, 2007, 10:40:00 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaI'm a gonna write the next ne right now ^^