Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Dance Your Heart Out (Tango)

The second story in my series.

It's been a month since Kay and her friends transferred, and lately she has been getting depressed but nobody knows why. Will she be ok in the end?

Pairings: Duke x Tiffany Bri x Honda Tori x Yami Bakura

Chapter 9 - Dance Your Heart Out (Tango)

Chapter 9 - Dance Your Heart Out (Tango)
Kay and Mokuba ran around the entire arcade and played every single good game they could find for the next two hours. Then the money Minako had given them was gone.

"Wow! That was fun!" Mokuba exclaimed. Kay smiled and nodded.

"Yeah." She looked at her watch. "Well, time to head back and make dinner. Come on." They went out of the arcade and called Roland who came quickly to take them back to the mansion.

Kay put on an apron and started cooking their dinner, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and peas with a special creamy gravy. (Oh, we make that and I swear I die and go to heaven) Mokuba chowed down and he loved it.

After Kay cleaned up and prepared a plate for Seto when he got home, they went out to the living room and watched some movies until ten.

"Time for bed, Mokie."

"Aw, can't I stay up a little longer?" Kay shook her head.

"I let you stay up later than usual already. I don't want your brother walking through the door and biting my head off." Mokuba sighed.

"Ok..." Kay led him upstairs and tucked him into bed, gave him a kiss goodnight, and turned out the light. Then, she went downstairs and changed from her clothes to a pair of sweatpants and a T-shirt that had been cut so it showed her stomach. She took her laptop and a CD and went to the larest, emptiest room in the mansion and plugged in her laptop and connected it to the internet and attached a camera to it and logged online.

"Hi Uncle." Pegasus appeared on the screen.

"Hello Kay."

"I have been working on my Tango."

"Really now? Well you must show me." Kay nodded.

"Ja." She opened up Musicmatch Jukebox and went to one of her playlists and doubled clicked on a song. "I have to dance solo, but you'll see the basic idea," She hit play and stood up and walked away from the laptop. "Can you see alright?"

"Yeah. Go for it."

"Ok."

Kay sighed and started falling into the hiphop tango beat. She turned, spun, kicked. Tango basic, front ocho, back ocho, media luna, then another front ocho, back ocho with parada, the barrida, and sandwich, then the cambio de frente. All of these steps and more.

The song lyrics danced in her head along with her feet.

Follow me into my world
Let your worries fade with every
step you take
Baby whatcha' waiting for
Let the tango take control
Feel the music inside your soul (Oh)
My hand is out, just grab a hold

Watch time fade away
My arms will keep you safe
It's just you and me
Dancing in this dream

Whatever you do, don't wake me up
The feeling's real won't let it
stop, no

Don't be afraid, take my hand
Forget the world
Will you dance, dance with me
Podemos bailar eternamente
Trust in me, take a chance
Feel the Tango
When you dance, dance with me
Podemos bailar eternamente

Now I have you next to me
Everything is how it should be (ooh yeah)
Baby, don't fight the feeling
We're floating on the clouds
If I could, I'd never come back down (no no)
Baby just keep on groovin' groovin'

As time fades away
My arms will keep you safe
It's just you and me
Dancing in this dream

WHatever you do, don't wake me up
The feeling's real, won't let it
stop, no

Don't be afraid, take my hand
Forget the world
Will you dance, dance with me
Podemos bailar eternamente
Trust in me, take a chance
Feel the Tango
When you dance, dance with me
Podemos bailar eternamente

Dance with me
(I'm dancing with you)
For this moment in time
(My dreams have come true)
My darling just dance with me
If only one night

Don't be afraid, take my hand
Forget the world
Will you dance, dance with me
Podemos bailar eternamente
Trust in me, take a chance
Feel the Tango
When you dance, dance with me
Podemos bailar eternamente


She finished with a spin and posed.

"Ta da?" she asked, panting a little. Pegasus clapped.

"Marvelous!" She straightened and bowed.

"That's good to know."

"Aw, I swear. You are going to be a star at that dinner. You still have a little over two months. By then you'll probably figure out how to fly or something crazy like that." This made her laugh.

"An interesting idea, Uncle. Well, I just wanted to show that to you. I still need a partner. I e-mailed you the steps if you wish to try and audition some people."

"Ok, I'll read over them tonight." Kay nodded.

"Talk to you later."

"Yes, bye Kay." She smiled and nodded then closed out of the program and dis connected her laptop and walked out of the room and right into Seto.

"There you are. I was looking all over to mansion for you."

"Oh, I'm sorry Kaiba-kun."

"What were you doing?"

"Just chatting with uncle Pegasus!" ^^

"And why can't you do that in the living room?" he asked coldly. She simply shrugged.

"I'm weird like that. And by the way, young man, you're late. Your dinner is on the counter waiting to be heated up, and I won't have you not eating again. Now come along now, and tuck in your shirt. You look like a hoodlum." Seto stared at her. She had just done one heck of an impersonation of an older aunt or mother nagging their son or nephew.

He watched as she packed her stuff away.

"Well, I'm off."

"Wait a second, you're WALKING to your house? Dressed like that?" he asked, pointing at her. She looked down.

"Yeah, and?"

"You're going to be jumped by some perverts for sure."

"Oh, come on. It only shows my stomach."

"So? That's more than enough skin, Miss Kay. Roland is going to drive you home, whether you like it or not?"

"Aw, are you worried about me, Kaiba-kun?" she said in the most annoying way.

"NO!" he yelled, fighting off the rouge that was starting to seep into his pale face. She giggled.

"I think you are."

"No damn way!"

"Then you won't mind if I walk home and take a shortbut through the dark alleyways?"

"Don't you dare."

"Ah HA, so you are worried."

"NO I'M NOT!"

"Whatever you say."

"It's like I said before, I don't want to have to go on a wild goosehunt for a new babysitter. Now you wait here while I call Roland. And if you move an inch, you are going to WISH a pervert had jumped you instead."

"Why would I wish that?"

"...you can be such an idiot, Kay."

"And you can be such an annoying dweeb, but we're both going to have to deal with it." He growled and walked away.

"Why the hell am I even bothering? I should let that little wench walk home and get jumped. Eh, who am I kidding? What kind of desperate wacko would jump HER?!" He called for Roland who was outside in a couple of minutes.

Kay went outside, gave Roland her usual smile and thank you then slid into the limo. Seto watched them drive off. He had seen her teo times that evening: at the arcade whipping Minako at DDR, and in his mansion showing her solo tango to her uncle.

It intruiged him, and he did not like it.

WHEE!!! ANOTHER CHAPPIE, and not just any chappie, THE LAST ONE!!!

Here's the link to the sequel.


http://www.fanart-central.net/story-46063.html

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SnowKitty on June 6, 2007, 9:11:30 AM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyI have no idea why I read this after the sequel to this story. Well, nice. Do you actually do tango? I have no idea why I asked that. Well, great job!

KionaKina on June 6, 2007, 1:06:02 PM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaI know a couple of steps and I am going to try and take up lessons next summer when I can drive myself

Moon_Princess on June 6, 2007, 5:13:09 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessYAY! Awesome chappie! X3 Great job!!! I loved it! =D

Ima going to go read your new story now! ^_^


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on June 6, 2007, 5:19:11 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaYAY!

WingedSheep on June 6, 2007, 2:09:21 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheepYay! xD
 
wow nice song xD
 
erm... chappie too :D

KionaKina on June 6, 2007, 2:10:38 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinathank you. ^^ I'm typing up the first chappie of the sequel right now

WingedSheep on June 6, 2007, 2:13:31 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheepyeah...i saw that story yesterday, but there wasnt any chappie xD so i resisted and didnt write any comment xDDD

KionaKina on June 6, 2007, 2:14:33 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinayeah, I had two friend who commented it despite no chappie. They are such dorks. XP But I love em

WingedSheep on June 6, 2007, 2:20:07 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheepyep me saw it too ;>