Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Hepatica - Anger

The third story.

Well, Seto is growing irritated with Kay's constant pranks on him. What happens when he learns about Kay and her past?

Title means, "Secrets Revealed in a Garden of Roses"

Chapter 1 - Hepatica - Anger

Chapter 1 - Hepatica - Anger
Seto was growing fed up. He stormed outside, hearing the familiar taunting laughter of Kay and Mokuba. They has played yet another "harmless" prank on him. And it was past frustration now, he was friggin mad.

They had somehow made a banana cream pie explode in his face. EXPLODE!!!

He wiped off some some extra cream furiously and slammed the door behind him. Seto marched off the back porch and out into the lush garden he and Mokuba had kept. It was amazing and huge. A rainbow of colors and perfume was around him.

He looked around and saw a small patch of blue Hepatica growing next to some Asphodel. He remembered planting those in honor of his parents, the flowers meaning the mourning of death, and the Hepatica out of anger for how cruel Gozaboru was.



(This is a blue Hepatica.)

He looked around and found a patch of soil he had not grown anything on. Seto immediately went back to the house and found some seeds for Hepatica. He took them to the soil and planted five seeds. Now, he did not like letting people know he would sometimes garden, which is why nobody believes he has this lush jungle of a backyard.

But it did make him feel a bit better sometimes. Seto had only done a chunk of the garden. The rest was done by Mokuba and some servants. Still, he did use flower symbolism in some areas, here was another spot.

Hepatica- anger. He was angry at Kay for her constant pranks and making Mokuba join along. And he was angry because Mokuba liked her too much and if he fired her, Mokuba would be angry at him for a long time. DAMN IT!

He was stuck with that annoying blonde unless she convientiently moved away or until Mokuba stops liking her. And it looks like neither one would happen. That seriously sucks.

Seto shook his head and removed the dirt coated gloves on his hands and put away everything then dusted off his knees, which were lightly coated with dirt from kneeling on the ground.

"Kaiba-kun!" Kay called looking around. She saw him and held out the phone to him. "Phone call." He snatched it from her.

"Hello?" he said.

"Mr. Kaiba, can you come into the office. We have a virus in the virtual reality pod XJ7148-2."

"Alright, I'll be right there." He hung up the phone. "I need to go to work and fix one of my virtual reality pods. Where is my coat?"

"Here." Kay handed him his trench coat. "Take care of yourself, Kaiba-kun. Don't work too hard." She gave him one her typical smiles. He simply nodded and took his coat, secretly making sure she had not slipped in a spider or something before putting it on then he walked outside and into the limo.

He felt better after planting those Hepatica he felt better. Flowers that meant something can help release that feeling when planted or given as a gift, not that he intended to give a girl flowers...ever.

Well, he might give little miss Kay some Hepatica and a book on flower symbolism, or possibly some Begonia to represent darker thoughts. Then he thought of the Chrysanthemum for optimism and cheerfullness.

Feh, as if he'd ever give her a flower. She's get the wrong idea and although he wanted fangirls to attack her, he would get attacked but any boys in school who liked her or any other fangirls of his who were angry at him.

See? This is why he would never give any girls flowers. 1) They'd get the wrong idea. 2) How many seriously know what flowers symbolize? To all of them, it means love or affection. 3) He would be attacked by some of his crazier fangirls and any fanboys the of the girl he gave the flower to.

Romance causes nothing but chaos, no wonder he wasn't into it. He came up to Kaiba Corp. and went to the area with his protoype virtual reality pods. There were ten men in there, typing rapidly on the computers which controlled all four pods.

"Out of my way." Seto sat down and started typing then launched a special antivirus program only he knew about and within a half hour, the virus was gone.

"Excellant Mr. Kaiba."

"Don't act so excited, you fool. There has been damage to the pod. I have to reinstall the data of the virtual world and place a new memory drive in it. This could take at least an our, maybe two. Go and get me the data and a new drive."

"Yessir." Two men ran out of the room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Seto got home at about seven. He was pretty tired. It had taken four hours to fix the pod and make sure it worked along with the other three. Mokuba was sitting on the living room couch, watching TV. He looked up and smiled.

"Nii-sama!" he said happily and then he ran over to hug Seto, who hugged him back.

"Hey kiddo. Where's Kay?"

"Making dinner."

"At this time?"

"She wanted to wait in case you got home early and had any requests for dinner." Seto rolled his eyes.

"She should know better than to wait."

"Well, she's making some German dish...I think she called it goulash and rice." Seto blinked. He had never heard of this.

Seto walked into the kitchen to see Kay stirring a pot on the stove. There was another pot with boiling water in it and bags of rice.

"Welcome home, Kaiba-kun!" she greeted with another smile before she continued stirring. "Dinner will be ready in about ten minutes. Don't tell me you are not hungry, I want you to eat."

"Kay, I don't need-"

"Yes you do." She looked at him firmly. "Look at you, you are like a stick. I won't have it. People must think you're anorexic or bulimic because you're so skinny." Seto shook his head.

"You sound like a worried mother, Kay. Don't worry about me."

"I do worry, Kaiba. Forgive me, but I have very strong maternal instincts and so long as you have me babysitting, I am not only going to nag Mokuba, but I'm also going to nag you. Now go and wash up for dinner." He rolled his eyes but left the kitchen.

Heh, that was an odd chappie. Well, await my update.

Comments

Comments (8)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KhaoticWolf on June 14, 2007, 1:54:01 PM

KhaoticWolf on
KhaoticWolfAwww! Kay and Kaiba get along nicely. *cackles evilly*

KionaKina on June 15, 2007, 1:42:44 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaIt's a change of pace, I have to say

SnowKitty on June 6, 2007, 8:54:29 AM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyHee hee. Exploding pie and maternal Kay. HILARIOUS!!!

KionaKina on June 6, 2007, 1:04:47 PM

KionaKina on
KionaKinayou make me feel so special...what is it with me and pie?

Moon_Princess on June 6, 2007, 5:17:23 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessYay! I loved it!! =D
I never thought I could see Kaiba caring about flowers. ^^
Lol, great job!!! =D


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on June 6, 2007, 5:19:54 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaHuzzah, thank you ^^

WingedSheep on June 6, 2007, 3:26:44 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheepwoah! flower symbolic ^^ nice... strange, that kaiba cares about flowers... thats pretty sweet too ^^

KionaKina on June 6, 2007, 3:27:36 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinathanks ^^