Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Sycamore - Curiousity

The third story.

Well, Seto is growing irritated with Kay's constant pranks on him. What happens when he learns about Kay and her past?

Title means, "Secrets Revealed in a Garden of Roses"

Chapter 2 - Sycamore - Curiousity

Chapter 2 - Sycamore - Curiousity
Kay was walking with Mokuba and Seto in the park today. Seto was not sure why he was coming, but he was.

"Yugi, Kristen!" Kay called, running over to them. The two stopped walking and waved at her. Mokuba smiled and Seto maintained his emotionless expression.

"Wow, Kay-Chan is so happy, it's surprising."

"What do you mean?" Seto asked.

"Well, it's been over two months since-" Mokuba slapped a hand over his mouth as he realized what he was saying.

"Since what?" Seto asked him, voice still cold.

"Nothing!" Mokuba said, forcing a smile. "Nothing at all." Seto stared at him in suspicion then back at Kay, who has apparently said something to make Kristen and Yugi laugh.

He noticed a tree close to them. A Sycamore. He found this such a strange coincidence that Mokuba has struck his curiousity, and that tree meant curiousity. This week was just a week for symbolism.

"I'll be right back, Mokuba."

"Mmm-kay." Seto walked over to thhe singapore tree and took some of its fallen seeds and stuffed them in his pocket.



(This is what a Sycamore looks like)

"Kaiba-kun?" He turned to see Kay blinking at him, confused. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing, I thought I saw something over here."

"Oh, ok." Yugi and Kristen also looked confused.

"So are you two here alone?"

"Actually, we're meeting Cat, Anzu, Jounouchi, and Honda here."

"Well, be sure to tell them I said hi."

"Of course, Kay-Chan." She beamed and waved as she walked away with Seto. Mokuba was waiting patiently for them. He took Kay's hand and Seto's hand and said,

"I want to go out for ice cream!" (LOL! XD No idea where that came from)

"I'm in!" Kay said.

"I'm not." Mokuba and Kay automatically gave Seto matching puppy dog faces. DAMN! Even he was not immune to those faces. "Grr...FINE! Just stop making that face." Kay and Mokuba automaticaly grinned at each other in success.

"Come on, let's go to Marble Slabs."

"Ooh, yeah. Seto's treat!" Mokuba cried.

"What?!" Seto said. Kay and Mokuba laughed then Kay released Mokuba
s hand and took Seto's.

"Come on." They pulled him along with them to Marble Slabs. Seto was just in shock. He knew it was futile to resist those two when they wanted ice cream. That was just asking for trouble.

The lady at the cash register looked up.

"Mr. Kaiba!" she said, smiling. Mokuba smiled and waved at her.

"I convinced my big brother to come this time."

"Well, that is terrific. What would you like?"

"A chocolate parfait with three scoops of ice cream."

"Alright, Mr. Kaiba?"

"A scoop of lemon sherbet..." he mumbled. Mokuba beamed at him.

"And what would your girlfriend like?" the lady asked, smiling kindly at Kay. She smiled and blushed.

"Oh, I'm not his girlfriend. I'm more like his nanny. And I'll have two scoops of mint chocolate chip please."

"Mint chocolate chip?" Mokuba asked, looking at Kay curiously. She msiled and nodded.

"It's my favorite flavor in the world. I love the taste of mint."

"Wow, I never knew that." Kay shrugged and handed Mokuba his parfait, then took her ice cream while Seto took his.

Mokuba sat next to Seto at a table and Kay sat across from Mokuba. Seto was deep in thought while the two talked.

He was not going to say anything like he CARED about Kay, but Mokuba had struck something that made him curious about her. What could he mean? Seto remembered a little more than a month ago, Kay had gone nuts and been so angry and depressed. He never learned why.

But after talking to Mokuba, she was back to herself. But...were those smiles of hers even real? He was not entirely sure. But...he knew some of them were real. Whenever he ate dinner with them on those rare occasions and told her that the food was ok, she would smile and her eyes would glow. The same when she was with her friends and they were happy too. She would beam and seem to glow.

But...in the park, there was no glow in her eyes. He was starting to wonder...had something bad happened to her? If so, what?

He also wondered something else, did she have any family other than Pegasus? Seto knew she lived alone. It was obvious. She had said it when he asked for a number to call her parents. She only told him to contact Pegasus.

Had her family died? His had died, and although he did not smile, he did not look sad about it. Maybe it was recent?

"Seto?"

He snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Kay and Mokuba, who were staring at him. They had finished their ice cream already.

"Are you alright, Kaiba-kun?"

"Yeah, just thinking."

"About what?"

"Y-...uranium, in the water supply..." he said curtly. (Yes, I stole that from Spongebob) She scratched her head.

"Ok...um, your ice cream is totally metled." He looked at his sherbet to see it reduced to ice cream soup. He sighed and simply threw it away.

"Let's just go home."

"You mean, the mansion?" she asked kindly. He felt sorta stupid.

"Yeah."

"Kay, you're there all the time, you might as well call it home." She laughed and shook her head.

"No no, Mokie. I have my own apartment, that's home. I don't like calling other places my home for some reason because I get more attached."

"Is that bad?" She shrugged.

"It kinda depends." Mokuba did not question her further, but Seto wished he had. They got back to the mansion and Seto went bck out to his garden and planted the Sycamore seeds in a roomy area in the garden, next to another tree.

"Kaiba-Kun?" He jumped a bit and turned to see Kay looking at him. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing!" he said quickly, standing up. She walked over to the hole in the groun and stared at the seeds in it.

"...you know..." She bent down and smoothed the soul over the hole and watered the seeds with the watering pail he had brought. "It helps to actually finish planting the seeds."

"Yeah...that's obvious..." he mumbled. Kay shook her hands free of dirt.

"I love your garden, it's amazing."

"Most people don't know about it."

"Why not? This is something to take pride in."

"Eh, I take pride in enough. It's kinda like a secret to me."

"A secret garden? Like the book. Man, if your fangirls knew about this 'Seto Kaiba and the secret garden' they would die!" she said. Seto frowned a bit and Kay struck a preppy pose. "OMG!!! A secret garden that he will one day sweep me to and we will live a long happy life together because I am, like, the prettiest girl in school!" She striaghtened. "Can you guess who that was?"

Seto smiled a little bit. "Minako, so question."

"Ding ding ding, we have a winner."

"You just needed sluttier clothes and you would pass as a blonde clone of Minako." Kay shuddered,

"I would never want to be a clone of that slut. She's evil and cruel to me, just because I drew a picture of the Blue Eyes White Dragon the first day I came here." Seto blinked.

"I never knew that."

"Oh yeah. She thought it meant I liked you. She's an obsessed FREAK. Honestly, I just love the Blue Eyes White Dragon. Why else would I have it in my deck."

"Wait, you have a Blue Eyes in your deack?!"

"Three, actually. And the Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon in my fusion deck."

"How did you get those cards?!"

"Uncle made them for me on my birthday." Seto stared at her.

"I did not even think you duel, let alone possess the Blue Eyes White Dragon." Kay laughed.

"Yes, I duel. I'm the German champion, baby." She smirked. "I even beat that gay wad Sigfreid." (That freaky gay GERMAN dude with the pink hair...I'm kinda insulted by him becuase I'm German. *Twitch twitch*)

"How come I never heard of it." Kay laughed.

"You think I used my real name? I wore a disguise and went under my middle name, Dalynn. And I did not use my Blue Eyes."

"Well, how about you and I duel?"

"Sounds like fun." Seto smirked.

"We can duel out here." He got out a phone and called one of the maids to bring two duel disks and his deck. Kay had her deck in her pocket and she took it out and put it in her duel desk when it arrived after shuffling. "Do you know how to work my duel disk?"

"Yes. I have practiced with Yugi's and Jounouchi's. By the way, Jounouchi is not very good. I didn't even need my dragons in my duel with him."

"And Yugi?"

"Haven't dueled him yet."

They released the hologram projectors and drew their decks.

"Duel."

Well, I'm going to fastforward to the end of the duel.

Seto had Curse of Dragon on the field, and Kay had Dark Els=f. They were both at 200 lifepoints.

"I play the field card, mountain." The hologram of mountains appeared and Curse of Dragon gained 200 lifepoints. "Looks like you lose, Kay. Curse of Dragon, attack!" The dragon released a fireball towards Kay's Dark Elf.

She smirked. "I play 'Just Desserts.' While it won't save me, it will cost you the last of your lifepoints, thereforethe duel is a draw." Dark Elf was destroyed and a ghostly hand zapped Seto of 500 points. Both were down to 0. "Well, good duel." The holograms disappeared and Kay took her deck out of her duel disk and put it back in her pocket.

He was shocked. They had just TIED. (NOTE: I am pretty sure Just Desserts cannot be played during an opponent's Battle Phase, but it's a fanfic and anything is possible, just like in the show.)

"Kaiba-Kun? You ok?"

"Yes...just...surprised..." She shrugged.

"I guess I can't blame you. Well, I'm heading back home. See you tomorrow." she waved and walked away. Seto nodded and collected the duel disks then walked back inside.

HUZZAH! I was bored so you get two updated. Heck, you might get three today, Lord Knows. I hope you liked it.

Comments

Comments (10)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SnowKitty on June 6, 2007, 9:02:45 AM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyCoolness! Now I want ice cream! Speaking of which, I made a blizzard yesterday. I still need to finish it. Great chappie!

KionaKina on June 6, 2007, 1:05:09 PM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaI had ice cream otnight YAY

Moon_Princess on June 6, 2007, 5:23:43 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessWhooHooo!!! =3
IT was AWESOME! ^_^!!
I loved it! Can't wait till the next chappie! =D

You're on a roll yourself. ^^


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on June 6, 2007, 1:04:28 PM

KionaKina on
KionaKinathank you, thank you very much. I feel the love

AlleyCat17 on June 6, 2007, 5:17:37 AM

AlleyCat17 on
AlleyCat17wow that was a great chapter.

KionaKina on June 6, 2007, 5:20:07 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaI'm glad you liked it

WingedSheep on June 6, 2007, 5:08:04 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheepwoah! @_@'; kay is pretty good at duels xD
 
this chappie was super special awesome! xD
 
I LOVE IT! ^^ *blushes* chappie of course xD

KionaKina on June 6, 2007, 5:19:42 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaI'm sure ^^

WingedSheep on June 6, 2007, 11:32:20 PM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheepxD

ranphasetokelly on June 6, 2007, 4:49:47 AM

ranphasetokelly on
ranphasetokellycool

KionaKina on June 6, 2007, 4:52:01 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinathanks ^^