Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - A Snowdrop for hope and a Freesia for trust

The third story.

Well, Seto is growing irritated with Kay's constant pranks on him. What happens when he learns about Kay and her past?

Title means, "Secrets Revealed in a Garden of Roses"

Chapter 5 - A Snowdrop for hope and a Freesia for trust

Chapter 5 - A Snowdrop for hope and a Freesia for trust
Kay looked up at her savior. He has silver hair and violet eyes and very pale skin.

"Are you ok?" he asked her. She nodded.

"Y-yes. Thank you." Suddenly, the thug punched the guy who had saved Kay and she screamed. The guy just managed to hit him back and the thug fell over again.

"Come on, let's go."

"Yeah." They ran out of the alley and panted. She gasped. "Your nose is bleeding." He touched his nose and some red blood got onto his hand.

"Oh man."

"Come on, I have something at home to take care of that." She helped him walk to her place and told him to sit on the couch then she went to the medicine cabinet and got some cotton balls and alcohol and helped him fix his bloody nose.

"That was a cheap shot." He winced a bit.

"Yeah. Sorry if that hurt."

"No, no. Thanks for the help."

"Hey, it's the least I can do. Would you mind telling me your name?"

"Yuki. Yuki Sohma." She blinked and looked him in the eyes.

"Yuki?"

"Ye-" He blinked and looked her in the eyes. "Kay?" She smiled.

"Wow, I didn't recognize you, it's been so long." He nodded.

"Yeah. You look great."

"So do you, minus the injured nose." ^^ He chuckled. "What are you doing here?"

"Hatsuharu, Kyo, Hatori, Shigure, Kagura, Kisa, Momiji, Hiro, Ayame, Tohru, and I all moved here for a while." Kay blinked.

"Tohru?"

"She's our firend. We kind of adopted her into our family since her mother died. She's an orphan."

"Aw, I'm sorry."

"Don't be, she's the sweetest girl you'll ever meet."

"How long are you here?"

"About two months."

"So short a time?"

"'Fraid so." Kay sighed but smiled.

"Well, it's great to see you." She hugged him. He hugged her back.

"It's great to see you too."

"Hey, I just noticed, you didn't change."

"The curse is broken."

"No."

"Yes."

"Wow, that is so incredible."

"I'm pretty happy about it."

"where are you staying?"

"We rented a house. I'll show you tonight." Kay nodded.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


"Are you sure he's just a friend?" Mokuba asked.

"Mokie, why are you making such a big deal out of this?" she asked. The two were walking about the garden

"Well, now that Seto knows more about you, I think he likes you?" Kay froze.

"What does that mean?" she asked strictly. Mokuba gulped.

"I-I sorta told him about what happened to your family."

"YOU DID WHAT?! I told you not to tell anyone about that!!!"

"I-I'm sorry. It just slipped out. Seto was upset about you and I was scared he'd fire you so I told you." Mokuba cowered slightly. "Are you mad?"

She sighed and put a hand to her head.

"No, Mokie-kun, I'm not mad. BUT, I am grounding you from video games for two days because you told."

"What?!"

"Sorry, kiddo. That's your punishment."

"Aw man..." Kay set the block on Mokuba's video games for two days. Mokuba was also sent to bed early that night as part of his punishment. kay decided to keep exploring the beautiful gardens.

She walked around to the very back, which was a pretty large distance away from the back door. There was a stone wall with wines growing on it. Kay noticed there was a stone path in the dirt and it led to a spot with a thick cluster of wines.

She jumped from stone to stone and felt the vines. She looked around and felt a door knob. She turned it and pushed her weight against the door and shrieked when it opened and she nearly fell over. Then she gaped.

It was a garden, probably about 30 feet by 40 feet, with nothing but roses. She closed the door behind her and walked around. Never in her life had she seen such beautiful roses.

She looked at a red rose bush and brushed her fingers to the petals of a bloom. It was so beautiful. She remembered what a red rose meant, love.

Her eyes closed for a moment as she thought about that. Then, she heard foot steps and spun to look up into Seto's cold blue eyes. Her heart beat faster, but not from fright.

"What are you doing here?" he demanded.

"I-I'm sorry. I was just exploring the garden and I saw the stones that led to that door and I thought it was weird so I checked it out. I did not realize this area was off limits, I just thought it was forgotten."

"This is my rose garden, and I'd appreciate it if you did not sneak in her without my permission." She gulped and nodded.

"Y-yes, I understand. I-if it's any consolation, you've done a beautiful job with this garden. These are the most amazing roses I've ever seen."

"...thanks." She nodded. "...I guess you can come here if you want to. As long as you don't exploit it."

"I would never. And I swear I won't hurt the garden in any way."

"The roses are starting to overgrow. I've had less time to prune them. If you don't mind doing that, feel free to cut off some of the flowers and put them in a vase. It doesn't really bother me."

"Really?" He nodded. She beamed. "Thank you, Kaiba-kun." She bowed. "I will try to help you if I can."

"I don't doubt that." She smiled again. Then she walked over to the white roses.

"Tell me, Kaiba-kun, don't you think the white roses are most beautiful at night? They catch the moonlight and almost look silver." Seto smiled a bit and walked over to her and nodded.

"Mokuba used to point that out when he was little and our parents were still alive. My mother and father both loved roses, so that was my inspiration."

"My whole family likes roses." Kay sighed. "I hope I find Adelinda soon. If I do, would you let me take her here?" He was a little surprised at such a personal request. But he nodded.

"Of course."

"Thanks, I appreciate that."

"Do you have any leads as to where she might be?" Kay shook her head.

"No..." He sighed a bit.

"What's your father's name?"

"James. James Sims."

"...I am not sure I've heard of him or any of his crimes."

"Yeah. We lived in Germany and moved to Japan after mom divorced him." She sighed. "I-I should go, now. She sraightened and wiped her eyes.

"Yeah, it's getting late. Come on, Roland will take you home." She nodded and they walked out of the rose garden together. Something caught Seto's eye and a thought hit him. "Wait here a moment." He walked away and she stood there, trying desperately to keep from crying.

He returned to her, holding two flowers in his hands. She pointed.

"What are those for?" He put them in her hands.

"They're for you. D-don't get the wrong idea. See...the white one is Snowdrop which means hope and the purple one is Freesia which means trust. And, I don't know, the two seem to kind of go together, or something." She bit her lip and hugged him.

"Thank you..." she whispered before standing on tip toe and brushing her lips to his cheek. He simply nodded.



Kk, here is a Freesia.



And here is some Snowdrop.

The two walked out of the garden and said nothing else. Roland came around to pick Kay up. She said good bye and walked out and into the limo and they drove away. Seto touched the spot on his cheek where she had kissed him.

He felt strange...must have been the overwhelming smell of those roses. He tried to shrug it off, but the feeling was not gone. The tight feeling in his stomach was not wearing off. He decided to take a long bath and see if it would help, so he went off to do that.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Kay put the two flowers in a vase the minute she got home. Then she curled up on the couch and hugged her Blue Eyes White Dragon plushy to her heart.

"Oh god..." she said softly, looking at the flowers. "Cat and Alex are right...I do like Seto...and...now I think I'm falling in love with him..."

THE END! ^^ Next story has the ZodiacShipping and Seto's jealousy AND my pal Jo is popping in. SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you loved the major Ryuuzaness. XP

Here is the next story. NOTE! "Kay's Gotten Sick" is set BETWEEN the end of this story and the beginning of the next one. Just wanna make sure you know.


http://www.fanart-central.net/story-46238.html

Comments

Comments (10)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KhaoticWolf on June 14, 2007, 2:25:15 PM

KhaoticWolf on
KhaoticWolfAWWW! So cute! ^_^ Yay!

KionaKina on June 15, 2007, 1:43:29 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaYAY!

WingedSheep on June 10, 2007, 10:21:18 PM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheepoh my gosh!
 
woah! just... WOAH! ^^ so sweet :P~~~
 
and those flowers.... *sigh* aww.... Kay and Seto looks very cute together ^^ :}

KionaKina on June 11, 2007, 2:51:10 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaYAY! I'm glad you like the pairing and the love and that YAY!

WingedSheep on June 11, 2007, 2:54:44 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheepyes i know! ]:D

KionaKina on June 11, 2007, 2:58:31 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinasadly enough, I'm grounded for two weeks an dcan't update. NOOOO! Annd now I must go, bye. I'll try to reduce my sentence of torture to one week

WingedSheep on June 11, 2007, 3:02:27 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheepnoooo....!!! this is a disaster! why? *sobs*
 
bye... hope to see you soon...

KionaKina on June 11, 2007, 1:16:17 PM

KionaKina on
KionaKinahttp://www.fanart-central.net/chapter-64933.html

Here, I just managed to put up the next stoy and a chappie...a short chappie, BUT a chappie none-the-less

SnowKitty on June 10, 2007, 11:21:25 AM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittySO CUTE! . . . . Wow. How come I can't think of anything better to say? Oh, well. Can't wait for your next chappie!

KionaKina on June 11, 2007, 2:50:51 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinanext story, ki-chan, next story

Moon_Princess on June 10, 2007, 10:48:32 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessWHooT! =D
Yuki's there! XD
Awesome chappie! *sing-song voice* Kay kisses Kaiba on the cheeeek! ^^

XD
I can't wait until the next chappie! =D I'll work on mine too. ^^


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on June 11, 2007, 2:50:14 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaLOL x2

Well, I'm glad you like it. I wish I wasn't grounded. Then I'd put up my next story

AlleyCat17 on June 10, 2007, 10:16:37 AM

AlleyCat17 on
AlleyCat17aww i loved the end of the chapter it was so sweet :3 ^^

KionaKina on June 11, 2007, 2:49:18 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinathank you, thank you very much. I'd update to the next story, but I'm grounded and I can only be on a little longer