Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Anger and Hate, Love and Regret

HOLY COW! An ENGLISH title. The fourth story. Yay.

Yuki moved in and Kay is debating over her feelings for him and Seto. When she dates Yuki, will Seto's jealousy lose her heart and will Adelinda finally be found? All will be answered here.

Chapter 5 - Anger and Hate, Love and Regret

Chapter 5 - Anger and Hate, Love and Regret
At this point, it's almost been another month. February was just around the corner.

Kay and Alex had their lunch off campus.

"So, how are things with you and Yuki?" Alex sked, sipping some of her Sprite.

"Great. Thanks for asking." Kay smiled.

"And...things with you and Kaiba?" she asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You two seem to be avoiding each other." Kay's eyes saddened.

"I don't know...he and I have hardly spoken in a month. Ever since we went to the theme park. I...I think he's mad at me."

"You know what I think?"

"What?"

"I think he's jealous."

"Alex-"

"Just, hear me out. Ever since you and Yuki started dating, Kaiba has been very irritable and sulky."

"Alex, I do love him, like a brother. AndI think he loves me like a sister. He might just be worried I'm dating the wrong guy or it will interfere with me babysitting Mokuba."

"Kay, quit lying to yourself. You like him, I know you do. I've seen the way you look at him. And the way you smile when he's around you. I swear, when you and Kaiba are together, you are happier than ever. You like him, Kay, more than you like Yuki or any other guy on this Earth."

"You can think whatever you want, Alex."

"I know it's true." Kay stirred her straw in her drink.

"It's not."

"Well, what if I date him?"

"Huh?"

"Well, he is good looking AND rich."

"ALEX! THAT is so shallow of you. There is more to him than looks and wealth."

"Ohhh? Like...what, exactly?"

"Like the fact that he's the smartest guy you'll ever meet who is very artistic and creative. And he's sensitive, kind, passionate, romantic-"

"Somebody's in love." Kay automatically blushed.

"No! I am not!"

"Kay, I'm not gonna tell anyone. You can trust me, I'm your best friend." Kay closed her eyes and bowed her head, face red.

"...fine...I do love him, more than I ever loved anyone. At first I didn't know what it was, but I felt strange around him. And...as I got to know him more, I just started feeling stranger and I finally know why." She looked Alex in the eyes. "I...just love him." Alex smiled softly but her eyes were sad.

Kay covered her face with her hand and shook her head.

"But...there's no hope with him. Now he hates me, and I don't even know why."

"Kay, he does not hate you. Maybe he's jsut worried right now, about you dating. It's something new. Maybe he's bad at accepting change." Kay looked up, tears running down her cheeks.

"Think so?" Alex nodded.

"I really do." Kay wiped her eyes.

"...maybe I should break it off with Yuki. I like him, but more like family than someone to be romantic with. And he's moving away in a month."

"Why not stay with him until he moves?"

"Yeah. He was my childhood sweetheart after all. And I admit he's a nice boyfriend. Thanks Alex."

"No problem." Kay hugged her.

"Well, we should probably head back to school."

"Yeah."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


The next day soon came in. Kay and Yuki were hanging around outside her locker. She was flexing her hand a bit and smiling at something. Then she hugged Yuki. Seto saw this and saw there was a glittering diamond ring on her hand.

He felt like he had been punched in the stomach. And he was also angry. But why? Why was he avoiding her? I mean, she was just a friend...kind of. But, he had hardly said anything to her in a month. Why was that?

And he also felt hatred towards Yuki. Why? It couldn't be because he was...jealous. No way. Seto Kaiba does not get jealous. But look at her. Smiling because of HIM. Laughing because of HIM. Hugging HIM. Kissing HIM. It made him boil.

And NOW he had given her a ring. And it looked like...AN ENGAGEMENT RING?! Seto stormed off.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Kay and Mokuba had a fun Friday night. They ordered pizza and played video games for hours. Mokuba was in bed by the time Seto came home.

"Hi Kaiba-kun!" Kay greeted, forgetting the tension that had been between them for the last month for a moment.

"Don't call me that!" Seto growled. Kay automatically remembered their "fight."

"I-I'm sorry."

"Why don't you just get the hell out of here, Simms?" Seto yelled. She looked at him, seriously frightened. She had never seen him so angry. He looked like he was ready to seriously hurt her. His eyes showed nothing but hate.

"K-Kaiba-" she stammered.

"GET OUT! I'm sick of you. YOU ARE FIRED! I don't give that Mokuba likes you. You are a slutty little dog who can go home and SCREW HER FIANCE!"

"Fiance?!" she exclaimed, trembling when he walked over to her. He grabbed her wrist roughly and jabbed the ring with his nail.

"You're engagement ring," he said in the coldest tone possible before dropping her hand. He threw an envelope at her. "There, your last paycheck. Now get out!" he snarled. He stared at her. She was trembling.

"Th-this isn't an engagement ring..." she whispered. "I-It was my mother's ring...I-I found it the other day and I put it on..." Kay grabbed her bag, tears running down her face. "I KNEW YOU HATED ME, SETO KAIBA!" she cried before she ran out the door as fast as she could.

"SETO!" Mokuba screamed. "How could you?!" He ran out the door. "KAY-CHAN!"

She didn't stop running. It was a wonder she could even see through her tears.

She ran to her apartment and grabbed her bag and started loading in clothes and other neccesities.

"I can't take it anymore. I have to get out of here." She called for a train ticket and ran out of her apartment, locking the door behind her, then got a cab to the train station. When Mokuba got to her apartment, nobody answered.

He banged on Alex's door.

"Mokuba?" she asked sleepily. "What's wrong?"

"I need to talk to Kay. Can you get into her apartment?"

"Uh, yeah." Alex got a key and walked with him across the hall. It was dark. They walked around and could not find her. "Maybe she went to a friend's. Let me try her cell." Alex got the home phone and dialed a number. They heard ringing. Alex quickly opened a drawer and saw Kay's cell phone and MP3 player "Oh no..."

"Kay-Chan!" Mokuba cried. Alex hugged him.

"There, there. She isn't gone. She'd never just move away. What happened?"

"S-Seto. He screamed at her, and he fired her. He thought this ring she was wearing was an engagement ring from Yuki."

"What?! That's her mother's ring!"

"She said that and then she said she knew he hated her and ran out of the mansion. Alex, I don't want Kay to get fired, I love her, she's like my big sister."

"Aw, there there, Mokuba." Alex hugged him and pat his head comfortingly. "We'll think of something. Do you want to spend the night with me tonight?" Mokuba nodded and they went back to Alex's room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


The train stopped. Kay looked at her watch. It was well past midnight. She had not been to Tokyo in a while. Kay called a taxi and went to a hotel.

She asked for a suite and went into the large room. It was a lovely suite. She sighed and dropped her bag. Well, this was her home for the weekend. And nobody would bother her.

Her need to regroup was really high. Kay fell back onto the bed and sighed. She reached into her bag and took out a picture she had of Seto and Mokuba. It brought tears to her eyes.

"I still love him..." she said sadly. "I'm sorry for whatever I did to make you hate me so much, and I wish I could undo it." She hugged the picture to her heart. "I'll keep you two close in my heart..." she whispered.

"Maybe I should have called Alex and told her I was leaving for the weekend..." Kay said. She rolled over and took the phone and dialed the number.

A few rings, and then a sleepy voice answered.

"Hello?"

"Hi Alex..."

"Kay?!"

"Yeah."

"Oh my God, where are you?! Mokuba came over here looking for you."

"I'm sorry. I'm going to be out of town for the weekend."

"What?!"

"Sorry, Alex. I just need to be alone for a while."

"...well, ok. Thanks for calling me. Want to talk to Mokuba? He's spending the night."

"Sure."

"Ok, I'll go and wake him up."

"Alright."

"Kay-chan?"

"Hi Mokie-kun."

"Kay, please don't go away. I'm sure Seto didn't mean what he said."

"He sounded pretty serious to me."

"I'll talk to him."

"Mokie, you don't hav-"

"Yes I do. Don't worry, Kay. I'll make sure you get the job back."

"Thanks Mokie, you're so sweet."

"No problem."

"Well, I'm gonna go to bed now."

"Ok, bye Kay." She blew a kiss.

"Bye Mokie."

"Bye Kay."

"Bye Alex." She hung up.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Seto walked to Kaiba Corp. He went into his office and collapsed into his chair. What did he do? He looked on his desk. There was picture of Kay and Mokuba. They had taken the picture at the mall. His heart sank when he saw it.

He did not want her to go. He cared for her. She was not like a fangirl. Kay was almost like family to him and Mokuba. A mother Mokuba needed, really. He wasn't quite sure what Kay was to him. Family? Or...did he have other feelings for her.

She was a good person, he knew. A little annoying at times, kind of clumsy, and with a bad temper. But her heart was in the right place. And then he thought of when he and her cried together. She had wanted him to be open with her and free the pain that he hid. Now, all he wished he could do was say sorry.

But...maybe now it was too late. Even if she never forgave him, he had a promise to keep to her. Seto loaded up his computer and started typing.

"I'm sorry, Kay..." he said as he continued typing. "This is my way of making it up to you."

UGH! The friggin CORNINESS! But it got to the point and that's all I really wanted. DUDE, I am mean to my OC. That is, like, the tenth time Seto made her cry. I hope you guys liked it anyway.

Comments

Comments (12)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

animecrazyfan on June 17, 2007, 7:33:01 PM

animecrazyfan on
animecrazyfanPoor kay!!!!!
And poor Seto!!(I won't call him a jerk he was just broken hearted)
Coooooooooooooool story!!

KionaKina on June 18, 2007, 4:36:00 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaAw, thank you. You're the first person (I think) who did not hate Seto

KhaoticWolf on June 14, 2007, 3:18:41 PM

KhaoticWolf on
KhaoticWolf*finds a bat* Oh Kaiba, where are you? *walks away*

This outcome will never be revealed. Muwahahahahaha!

KionaKina on June 15, 2007, 1:38:47 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKina*Hiding in fear*

fairywarrioress on June 14, 2007, 3:45:44 AM

fairywarrioress on
fairywarrioressAwwwwwww!!
Seto was so mean to you!!

Me: *hits seto with handbag*
Seto: Ow!!
Me: Hmph. You deserve it!

KionaKina on June 14, 2007, 6:24:14 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKina...why am I making people hate Seto? That's bad! Next chappie is good and sappy

Moon_Princess on June 14, 2007, 4:46:17 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessO_O Kaiba you mean jerk, jerk...jerk jerky jerk!!! >_<;

Poor Kay-chan! *sniffles and hugs her*

Please update soon! The chappies are getting better and better! ^^


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on June 14, 2007, 6:23:47 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaWell the next one is just a load of sappiness....and now I'm making everyone hate Seto, this could be a problem

WingedSheep on June 14, 2007, 2:27:14 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheepwoah! i was so THRILLED when i read this... you getting better better!!!
 
i cannot believe this... you were born for typing! ^o^
 
damn... if just i could do something right... oh well... life isnt perfect for all ^^
 
hooray to YOU!!!  *plays the trumpet* ^^

KionaKina on June 14, 2007, 2:28:34 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaAw, come now. I'm not that good. You flatter me WAY too much. Why don't you write a fic? I love reading my friends' fics

WingedSheep on June 14, 2007, 2:34:28 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheepnah...  i'm not very good at writing y'know... xDDDDD i like write poems or songs more.. cause my rhymes are making me laugh XDDDDDDD
 
and NO you worth it and dont try to deny this  *shows hand with long, sharp and black nails... o_O*

KionaKina on June 14, 2007, 2:35:17 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaO_O Ok, I won't deny it. *hides*

WingedSheep on June 14, 2007, 2:38:42 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheepnow thats better ^^  xP

SnowKitty on June 14, 2007, 2:04:43 AM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittySETO IS A BIG, FAT, EVIL JERK!!!!!!!!! I HATE HIM FOR BEING SO MEAN TO KAY-CHAN!!!!!!!!! HE IS EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry. I'm having anger issues with him now. This is almost as bad as that time I was angry at Yami during that one Waking the Dragons episode! You have to update this really soon!

KionaKina on June 14, 2007, 2:18:15 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKina*Cowers* I'm scared O_o

SnowKitty on June 14, 2007, 2:45:22 AM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyLOL. Sorry for scaring you, Kay-chan! I'll try not to do it again, unless I want to do it purposely.

KionaKina on June 14, 2007, 2:46:23 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaIt's fine. I think next chappie you won't hate Seto anymore ^^