Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Ballet and a Concert

Khephera is starting to understand life. Kay and Seto's boyfriend and girlfriend act is starting to feel like more than just an act. But there is a dark prescence watching them. Will Khephera be reunited with Seth? Will Kay tell Seto she loves him?

Chapter 1 - Ballet and a Concert

Chapter 1 - Ballet and a Concert
Kay sighed and collapsed into a chair in the living room. She was so tired. Today she had worked with Maria, Cat, Danielle, Jo,

and Kristen for the upcoming gig the band had. Kay needed to help them with her songs and some other songs she found and

she also needed to help them learn the dance moves she had worked out for them.

It had taken hours. Thank God tomorrow was Saturday so she could sleep in...for five minutes before taking Adelinda to ballet

classes. Aw man, what an overbooked life. And tomorrow she was babysitting Mokuba too and she needed to write more

songs.

Damn. Well, at least she'd get to see Seto. Although their relationship was fake, it made her happier. If she didn't think too much

about it, it felt like they really were a couple. Well, let her dream. Living in fantasy is more fun than indulging in reality.

With a yawn, Kay dozed off in her chair.

The next thing she knew, somebody was shaking her. Slowly, her eyes opened and she looked tiredly at Adelinda.

"Kay, get ready. It's almost time to go." With a groan of dismay, Kay got out of her chair and got ready in record time.

"Fera!" Kay yelled. Her "cousin" waltzed into the room.

"Yes?"

"...Khephera...why are you wearing a swimsuit and innertube?" Kay asked.

"I was reading a magazine on the latest fashions." Khephera held up a magazine that sold swimsuits and stuff for the pool and

beach.

"Um...there's a slight problem. You don't wear swimsuits like clothes, you wear them in the summer when you go swimming.

And it's still winter."

"So...is that why this outfit feels really cold?" Khephera asked. Kay nodded.

"Addy-chan, give me a moment." Adleinda nodded. Kay took Khephera to her room and handed her a sweater and some

jeans. "Change into this. This is appropriate for winter when you're around the house." Khephera took the clothes and nodded.

"Got it."

"Good. Now, please don't leave the house and if anyone calls, do you remember how to answer the phone?"

"Yes. Pick it up and hold it to my ear and talk."

"Good. And if they ask for me, tell them to call my cell phone. Ok?"

"OK."

"Very nice. And if you get hungry, I beg you to PLEASE eat chips, crackers, or...anything that does require using the stove or

the microwave. And drinks are in the fridge. You think you got all that?"

"Yes."

"Ok. Adelinda and I should be back in about an hour and thirty minutes to two hours. I'll call to check up on you."

"I understand."

"Alright. Well, we're off." Kay waved and walked outside with Adelinda. It was March and spring was finally around the corner.

In only two more months it would be her sixteenth birthday. What was she gonna do? Well, she was getting a license for one

thing. Cabs were starting to get annoying.

Would she have a party? Maybe, maybe not. Well, there was still plenty of time to think about her birthday. Now she needed to

focus on getting Adelinda to her ballet class.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Adelinda was such a beautiful ballerina. She was definately the best in her class. Her focus was unwavering. Kay smiled as she

watched her.

Suddenly, she felt her phone vibrating in her pocket. She stepped outside and answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey Kay."

"Hi Blair."

"Listen. Mai and I were thinking of going to the mall. Wanna come?"

"Sorry, I can't. I'm booked the whole day."

"Booked?"

"Yeah. Right now I'm with Adelinda at her dance class, later I need to babysit Mokuba and then I need to work with the band

for their upcoming gig."

"Wow, you really have a lot on your plate."

"Heh, you can say that again."

"Well, I'll talk to you later then."

"Yeah, later Blair."

"Ciao." Kay hung up her phone and sighed a bit.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Kay tiredly stepped out of the cab and walked up to the mansion. The butler, George, opened the door for her. She walked in

and collapsed on the couch.

"Rough day, miss?" he asked. Kay nodded. She was used to the servants at the mansion treating her like she lived there. They

were all very nice to her and Adelinda.

"Very tiring. Would you mind bringing Adelinda and Khephera down for me, George? Or would it be a problem?"

"Of course no, Miss Simms. I shall fetch them."

"Thank you." He nodded and walked away. Kay closed her eyes and laid down.

"It looks like you had a busy afternoon." She looked up to see Seto smirking down at her.

"Actually it was a full day on the go."

"Aw, you poor thing." She stuck her tongue out at him. Seto sat next to her and she sat back up and leaned her head to his

shoulder, her eyes drooping sleepily. "Why don't you guys spend the night here?"

"We have to get up early tomorrow. I have to eave Adelinda and Khephera with Alex and go work with the band. They still

don't have all of the dance moves down and our gig is next weekend."

"So? You have everything you need here and we can drive you to your apartment."

"Seto..." Kay yawned. "You know what? I'm too tired to argue with you." Seto smirked.

"Fine with me."

"Aw, look at the lovebirds." Seot and Kay both sighed. They didn't even need to turn around to see who had spoken.

"Hello Mokuba."

"Looks like we're staying the night!" Adelinda said, grinning. Kay nodded a bit.

"Yes."

"C'mon Khephera, we'll show you to your room." Mokuba smiled and nodded. Khephera beamed.

"Great."

"You can borrow a T-shirt from me. I have some extra large shirts here." Adelinda, Mokuba, and Khephera all disappeared up

the stairs. Seto looked at Kay.

"Aren't you going with them?" he asked.

"Seto, the only way you can get me up those stairs and into my bedroom is if you carry me." He shrugged.

"Ok." She shrieked when Seto picked her bridal style. Her arms wound around his neck.

"I guess it's too late to tell you I was joking." He smirked a little and carried her upstairs.

"I'm just making sure my acting skills improve for our relationship, dear." Kay laughed.

"You deserve an A plus, hon."

"And I am also prepared in case we have to fake a wedding."

"I highly doubt it will go that far."

"You never know." He took her to her room and dropped her on the bed. She giggled.

"Yeah, we might fall madly in love, get married, have lots of little children, and grow old together." She struck a dramatic pose. "Sounds so rural."

"You snob."

"Me?" she squeaked innocently.

"Yes you."

"You antisocial emo." (LOL! XD My friends all call Seto an emo. Guess it's our joke)

"Hey, that's not nice." Kay smiled.

"Ya know I love you."

"Unfortunately." She punched him in the arm. "Ow! Relax, I'm kidding."

"I know."

"And you still hit me. God, you're abusive."

"I feel bad for whoever I marry."

"That goes double for me."

"And you're stuck as my boyfriend thanks to Khephera, Alex, and Minako."

"What does this have to do with Alex?"

"Part of the reason I still want us to keep 'dating' is because Alex was always trying to set me up with random and really strange guys because she thought I missed Yuki, and I didn't."

"I see."

"Sorry you got involved."

"It's ok. It keeps the fangirls off my back."

"True...but it also means you can't date that girl."

"What girl?"

"The one you told me you like and you STILL haven't told me her name."

"Oh, her. She's already dating someone."

"Aw, that's right."

"Different guy."

"Really? Aw, I'm sorry."

"It's ok. I'm actually pretty content now."

"Well that's good. Ok, now I need to try and fit in at least an hour of sleep before tomorrow."

"Right. Good night."

"Night." He left her room and she fall back and shut her eyes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


"I always needed time on my own
I never thought I'd need you there when I cry
And the days feel like years when I'm alone
And the bed where you lie
is made up on your side

When you walk away
I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now?

When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too
When you're gone
All the words I need to hear to always get me through the day
And make it OK
I miss you

I've never felt this way before
Everything that I do
Reminds me of you
And the clothes you left
they lie on my floor
And they smell just like you
I love the things that you do

When you walk away
I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now?

When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too
And when you're gone
The words I need to hear to always get me through the day
And make it OK
I miss you

We were made for each other
Out here forever
I know we were
Yeah Yeah

All I ever wanted was for you to know
Everything I do I give my heart and soul
I can hardly breathe, I need to feel you here with me
Yeah

When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too
When you're gone
The words I need to hear will always get me through the day
And make it OK
I miss you"


The audience at the ngiht club clapped. Cat, Maria, Kristen, Danielle, and Jo bowed. Cat, Maria, and Danielle were the singers, Kristen and Jo were the dancers. Kay sat at a table and clapped. Now, only one more song to go.

"Thank you, thank you. Our last song was written by our manager, Miss Kay." Cat pointed at Kay who blushed and waved a bit at the applauding crowd. "It's called 'Beautiful Nightmare.'" The music started up.

"I feel your prescence in the night,
sinking into all the shadows.
Lying here in my bed,
unable to fall into a dreamless sleep.

The threat of you is growing,
God please accept my sin.
Spinning in a whirlpool of darkness,
all of my chaos locked within.

When you watch me with your eyes,
they haunt me in my sleep.
Your soft heartbeat pounding in my ears,
drumming against my hollow soul.
You fill my dreams in the night,
and catch my eye throughtout the day.
You're my beautiful nightmare,
the one who haunts me dreams.

No matter where I seem to be,
I turn around and you are there.
You're all I see, you're all I breathe,
I swear to God, you're everywhere.

Lord I hate all of this,
but somehow I love it all.
It's you, the thing that makes me sin,
you won't make me fall.

When you watch me with your eyes,
they haunt me in my sleep.
Your soft heartbeat pounding in my ears,
drumming against my hollow soul.
You fill my dreams in the night,
and catch my eye throughtout the day.
You're my beautiful nightmare,
the one who haunts me dreams.

You love me,
you fear me.
You'll drag me down,
and help me stand.

Save my soul,
let me go.
I'll fall into the sea,
my life will drift away."


And electric guitar solo started. The audience cheered and danced to it.

"When you watch me with your eyes,
they haunt me in my sleep.
Your soft heartbeat pounding in my ears,
drumming against my hollow soul.
You fill my dreams in the night,
and catch my eye throughtout the day.
You're my beautiful nightmare,
the one who haunts me dreams.

When you watch me with your eyes,
they haunt me in my sleep.
Your soft heartbeat pounding in my ears,
drumming against my hollow soul.
You fill my dreams in the night,
and catch my eye throughtout the day.
You're my beautiful nightmare,
the one who haunts me dreams.

Lord I hate all of this,
but somehow I love it all.
It's you, the thing that makes me sin,
you won't make me fall."


The audience clapped wildly and they all bowed.

"Thank you very much!" Maria said. "We hope you enjoyed the show, good night everyone!"

After a while, the place was less packed and the girls walked up to Kay.

"Well?" they all asked.

"Good job...but did you have to point me out, Cat?" she asked, slightly annoyed.

"Sorry, I never thought YOU'D be shy."

"I have my moments. Well, very successful first night."

"YES!"

"But don't get cocky! You guys stumbled on your dance steps, I saw you. Luckily nobody else seemed to notice. If you want to get better gigs you need to learn to master those steps in a short time." Jo rolled her eyes briefly.

"Kay, you're too serious."

"That may be, but if none of you will be serious, who else will?"

"You got me there."

"Now, I'm going to discuss you guys working here as performers with the manager."

"YAY!"

"Don't get your hopes up too high. Y'all go home and get some rest, I'll take care of it all."

"Ok, bye Kay."

"Bye."

Comments

Comments (12)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SnowKitty on July 19, 2007, 11:36:02 AM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyWhoa. I'm SO glad I don't have such a busy schedule! That was a very nice chappie, Kay-chan! Great job!

KionaKina on July 20, 2007, 5:39:00 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinagrazie ^^

KhaoticWolf on July 12, 2007, 11:15:58 AM

KhaoticWolf on
KhaoticWolfNice chappie. ^_^

KionaKina on July 12, 2007, 11:57:34 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinathanks ^^

animecrazyfan on July 12, 2007, 9:24:03 AM

animecrazyfan on
animecrazyfanYup!!
great chapie!
*hugs you*

KionaKina on July 12, 2007, 11:57:16 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinathank you ^^

InferiorKart on July 12, 2007, 8:53:18 AM

InferiorKart on
InferiorKartThat story breaks my heart and I love it when al of them sang. I love you.

KionaKina on July 12, 2007, 11:56:57 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKina*Scratches head* Thank you?

InferiorKart on July 12, 2007, 12:16:48 PM

InferiorKart on
InferiorKartI meant to say that I love you as a friend, not in a sexual way.

KionaKina on July 12, 2007, 12:18:16 PM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaI know I know. It was just random

InferiorKart on July 12, 2007, 12:25:40 PM

InferiorKart on
InferiorKartOh, I get it. Sorry.

KionaKina on July 12, 2007, 12:27:12 PM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaI'm sorry. Did I insult you? I also wondered why you said the story breaks your heart. That's the main reason I was confused. And the I love you thing kinda seemed random so I was like "Uh...huh?"

InferiorKart on July 12, 2007, 12:31:36 PM

InferiorKart on
InferiorKartYou didn't really insult me. The singing in the story had made me dropped a tear in my eye and I was happy to read it.

KionaKina on July 12, 2007, 12:35:53 PM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaohhhhh. Did you mean the song when you're gone? Yeah, that's a really sweet but sad song

InferiorKart on July 12, 2007, 12:41:19 PM

InferiorKart on
InferiorKartIndeed, it was sad for me. I just had to cry for a few minutes before I had post a comment.

KionaKina on July 12, 2007, 12:42:17 PM

KionaKina on
KionaKina*Pats oyu on the shoulder* There there. The song does not symbolize anything that's gonna happen in the story, if that makes oyu feel any better

InferiorKart on July 12, 2007, 12:47:00 PM

InferiorKart on
InferiorKartI know. It made me more happier.

WingedSheep on July 12, 2007, 7:19:35 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheep ]x)))

amazing! as usual ];)

eh...  more! More! MORE! ]xDDD

KionaKina on July 12, 2007, 7:20:30 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaHUZZAH!

WingedSheep on July 12, 2007, 7:23:58 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheep hm... good title ^.~  

Moon_Princess on July 12, 2007, 7:11:30 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessYayyyy! *claps* I loved it! ^.^ Awesome chappie Kay-chan!! :D

*giggles* Nice "acting" with Kaiba, Kay-chan. *grins* XD

Awesome job! Can't wait for the next chappie. :3


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on July 12, 2007, 7:15:43 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaThank you ^^

Wait til they seriously confess their love and during the summer- wait, I caqnnot spoil it