Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - So friggid CLOSE!!!

Khephera is starting to understand life. Kay and Seto's boyfriend and girlfriend act is starting to feel like more than just an act. But there is a dark prescence watching them. Will Khephera be reunited with Seth? Will Kay tell Seto she loves him?

Chapter 2 - So friggid CLOSE!!!

Chapter 2 - So friggid CLOSE!!!
Kay trudged into Kaiba Mansion. It's been another week. And once again a busy day. Seto was home early from work and he looked up from his book to see her.

"You know, you being so tired taks away from your appeal." She rolled her eyes briefly.

"I honestly care nothing about appeal right now." He chuckled.

"So you staying the night here again?"

"Only if you're ok with it."

"Kay, I'm so used to you guys being here it's as if you live here. You don't need to ask to stay over."

"I feel so loved."

"Heh, I'm sure." She sat next to him and laced her arms around him in a very loose hug.

"How can I ever repay you, darling?" she asked, smirking.

"Don't worry about it." Kay smirked and lightly kissed him on the ear then nuzzled his neck.

"You sure?" she asked. He tried not to blush. She had never done something like this before.

"Positive." She pulled back and pouted.

"Aw, I wanted you to blush." He blinked.

"Why?" She got up and started walking towards the stairs.

"You're really cute when you blush." She smiled at him. "And I'm not just saying that." And with that, she went up the stairs to shower and change. And when she was gone, Seto felt his face heat up a bit.

She had a way of getting to him...but...for once, this did not bother him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


It was a day of school. And Kay was happy because she had nothing planned for this afternoon...except...a DATE. With Seto. Minako had complained they never dated and Seto actually asked her out to dinner.

And it had her in a wonderful mood. Finally, some one on one time with him. No worries about the interupptions of their jobs, friends, or any fangirls of his. Just him and her.

The end of the day FINALLY came.

Kay ran to her locker. She rushed to put her bookss away and then blinked. "AGH! My spiral!" she cried. "I must have left it in my last class. Aww man."

"What's wrong?" She turned to see Seto giving her a confused look.

"I left my History Spiral in class and I need it for the homework."

"Well let's go and get it." She smiled.

"Ok." so they checked in her last class but it wasn't there.

"Did you leave it in History?"

"Maybe. If so, it might have been turned itno lost and foudn."

"Well, let's check the classroom." Kay nodded. They walked off to the room and opened the door. It was really dark and Kay runed on the light. The next sight made her jaw drop and Seto's jaw drop too. Blair was sitting on Malik's lap and they were completely making out.

"Oh...my..." Blair and Malik immediately pulled apart. Blair blushed when she saw them.

"Um...h-hi you two. W-what are you doing here?"

"Well...besides getting scarred, I'm getting my spiral." Malik cleared his throat.

"Y-yes, here." He pushed a blue spiral to the corner of his desk. Kay snatched it quickly and almost ran back to Seto.

"Um...we'll keep this a secret but PLEASE lock the door next time." Malik nodded.

"Can do." Kay turned otu the light and went into the hall with Seto, he face red.

"That...was awkward..." Seto said, clearing his throat. Kay nodded.

"Yes...yes it was."

"Well...um...we should-"

"Leave?"

"Yeah."

"Right." They walked away. Kay suddenly grabbed Seto's hand and said through gritted teeth, "Minako dead ahead." He nodded slightly and laced his fingers with hers.

"Well well, what have we here?" Minako sneered. "So, the big date, huh?" she asked.

"That's right." Kay smiled. "We're looking forward to it, I didn't realize you were too." Minako smirked.

"Me and my bf are going out tonight too."

"You have a bf? I thought you broke up with that oen guy recently."

"I found someone BETTER."

"Oh, well I hope you enjoy your evening." Kay smiled sweetly and walked off with Seto. "See you late, Minako!" she called over her shoulder and snickered at the expected glare and apple green face.

"You love provoking her."

"Yes, I do." Seto smirked and leaned down to kiss her.

"So do I." Kay laughed a little and her face turned a pale pink. One thing she loved Minako for was she was the reason Seto kissed her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


"OH! Your first date with Kaiba!" Alex squealed.

"We have to make you look gorgeous!!!" Cat exclaimed.

"Yes." Jackie smiled. "Now, you are totally wearing something sexy but not too revealing."

"How about this?" Alex asked, holding up a silk might night blue dress. It was strapless and goes to to the knees and foolows the body's curves faithfully. Kay felt herself blushing.

"I've never even worn that. And don't you think it's a bit much?"

"Kay, Kaiba said it would be formal. And you need to be HOT for him." Her face only turned redder. Adelidna walked in.

"Kay-chan, c'mon. Mr. Kaiba wants a pretty date. You need to go the extra mile."

"FINE! I'll wear it."

"And THESE shoes." Alex held up a pair of mightnight blue, one and half inch heels. They were strappy and very nice.

"Ok, fine." Kay went into her bathroom and put on the dress and put a robe on over it.

Alex curled her hair into silky ringlets while Jackie and Cat worked on her make up and accessories.

Soon, she was completed and looked beautiful. Her long lashes were fanned out and kissed with black mascara. Her lips were rosey and, as Alex put it, begging for him to kiss her. Kay just smiled a bit.

A crimson blush colored her cheeks and silver eye shadow completed her face. Her hair was in an elegant bun. Every curl was pinned up with a diamond pin. A glittering necklace graced her neck and a matching bracelet was on her wrist.

Kay put on her earring and the shoes then slowly took off the roe. Before walking out to show everyone, she looked in a mirror. Wow....she actually looked beautiful. Now she only hopes Seto would think so.

"OH MY GOD!" Alex, Cat, Jackie, and Adeliinda squealed when they saw her. The showered her with complimnets, all which made her blush more.

"Do you really like it?" she asked softly.

"We love it! And Kaiba will too!!" Cat cried. Jackie nodded.

"He won't be able to take his eyes off of you." Suddenly, the phone rang. Adelinda picked it up.

"Hello? ...yes, she's ready. We'll send her down. Bye!" She hung up. "Kay, your boyfriend is waiting for you." Kay blushed more.

"O-okay."

"and DON'T wear a jacket. If it's cold, Kaiba needs to put his arm around you." Kay was bright red at this point. And she was shooed out of the apartment and down the stairs, right into Seto.

He stared at her and Kay stared back. He was in a black suit and looked SEXY. Alex giggled.

"Well well, we'll see you lovebirds, later." The three girls dashed up the stairs. Kay and Seto were still quiet.

"Um..." Kay said softly, feeling very shy and self conscious. Seto lightly touched her jaw and tiled her face up to meet his eyes.

"You look amazing, Kay." She smiled a bit, and blushed for about the zillionth time that night.

"Alex, Jackie, and Cat gave me a make over."

"Remind me to thank them later." He leaned down and, for the scond time that day, pressed her lips against hers. She assumed he saw the girls still watching them and so she closed her eyes an dkissed him back. It lasted quite a bit longer then the one they had shared this afternoon.

He pulled away and she felt her heart pounding in her chest. His kisses left her mind numb.

"Well, let's get going." Kay only nodded, still recovering.

"Y-yes." He led her out to his limo and they slid in. Roland drove off. Kay finally fully regained her ability to think clearly and looked out the window. The city lights were beautiful.

"Enjoying the window?" Seto asked, smirking. She looked at him.

"Ah, I'm sorry. I'm not paying attention to you or how sexy you look." She smirked back at him.

"Man, you've almost mastered my smirk."

"Yes, I know." He scowled just a little. "So...good show you put on for my friends." He almost asked "what show?"

"Thank you. I've been practicing."

"With an orange?"

"No, a pillow." She laughed, unable to help it.

"The more time you spend with me, the more you gain a sense of humor."

"Yes, how can I not catch it from a crazy girl like you."

"Just admit you love me." She leaned her head to his shoulder. "I wish I could admit it..."

They finally got to the resturaunt. It was Italian and beautiful as well as fancy. Kay and Seto sat in a private section. There was nobody around.

"Don't tell me you rented this entire place out for tonight."

"What if I did?"

"Seto Kaiba, even though this is all pretend, you have to be the most romantic man I've ever met."

"Thank you." They sat down, ordered food that we don't care about...yet.

"You know, this is the first time we've been alone without worrying about someone popping in out of the blue."

"I know."

"So...why not tell me more about you, Seto."

"What do you want to know?"

"Your interests, your dreams. All I really know is that you're the CEO of a famous gaming company who has a wall of ice built around his heart, but you're actually a nice guy. You likeduel mosnters, blue, and that's really abou tit...oh yeah, and gravity defying trench coats." He smiled a bit.

"and what about you, my dear?" he asked.

"What about me?"

"I feel like I don't know much about you either. And I want to see what those wide green eyes of yours hide."

"Just like I want to see what those clouded blue eyes hide."

"Ok, ask me something."

"What is your heart's greatest desire. What is something you want mor ethan anything in the world, something nobody else or very few people know that you want."

"You swear not to tell?"

"Cross my heart."

"...I want...I want to find someone to complete my life. Get married to a girl who truly loves me. Not for my money, not because she thinks I look good, not for fame. Because she loves me. Mokuba...I feel like he needs a mother type figure in his life. I mean, now he has..."

"...he has what?"

"Well, you. He loves you, Kay. You're like family to us. But I know you won;t be around forever, correct?" She looked at her hands in her lap.

"...I won't lie. I'm planning on attending a college in Germany. I'm applying next fall. I am going to take over Industrial Illusions. College will take four years then I might have to move to Florida."

"See?" Seto sighed.

"W-well, I don't really need to go to college. I'm inheiriting Industrial Illusions one way or another. But I was going to have a degree in teaching."

"Kay, I can't depend on you. It's not your responsibility."

"Seto..." she said softly. "I love Mokuba like my own brother. And...I really care about you too. If you two really needed me, I'd turn down Harvard." (Did I spell that right? O_o)

"I'd never let you refuse college for us. We're getting along ok. But...I always wonder if he'd be happier if someone else would always be there. Someone he liked. Not just some nanny I hire." Kay felt her heart drop a bit. She had never known Seto thought about these things. She took his hand in her own and gave him a small smile.

"No matter where I am in the world, I will always be there for both of you and I'll fly back here if I need to. Mokuba may not have a mother, but he has me and always will. I promise." Seto knew she meant it.

To think, he thought she was just another nanny. Wrong. She was just as personally involved as he was. Her heart was in this, and whether she knew it or not, so was his.

When he had told her his heartfelt wish, he'd left out one detail: her. He loved her and wanted her to love him back.

Kay was so different from him. She was a ray of sunshine and he was a dark, gloomy shadow. And she seemed to have cracked through the walls of the barrier around his heart and found a place for herself.

She lit up his life. She made him happy, whether he showed it or not. and to be with her brought a type of peace to him. But all good things must end. And next year, she would be gone to another continent halfway around the world.

And he would never reveal how he felt. It would only end badly for him. And for her.

What if, by some miracle, she loved him back? She might throw away her dreams and stay here. And how could he keep someone like her happy?

"Seto?" she said. He looked at her and did something completely unexpected. They were completely alone, nobody to watch them, nobody to prove anything to, and he kissed her again. REALLY kissed her.

Slowly, she let her eyes close and she returned the kiss. This was the first time she truly got the chance to enjoy it. She did not think about who was watching to see if they really liked each other. All she thought about was him.

But...why? Why was he doing it? She knew it should no tmatter, but it did. Did something in his mind snap and he did it. What?

He pulled away and they were still close, only inches apart.

"I...I'm sorry about that. I don't know what happene-" Before he finished the sentence, she took a chance and leaned forward to reclaim his mouth. Both of them finally stopped thinking.

"Um...excuse me?" they broke apart and looekd up at the waitor who was msiling awkwrdly at them. "Your food is here."

"Ah...yes. Thank you." He set down the food and walked off. Seto and Kay ate silently. Their hearts were pounding like drums in their ears and they were amazed they were able the swallow their dinner.

"Oh my GOD, what did I do? I just leaned in there and I...oh but wow..." Kay's thoughts said. Her little voice was scolding her. But...she had definately felt something in those kisses. And she couldn't be alone in that.

Oh MAN, I'm such a God-forsaken IDIOT! I mean, I just suddenly grabbed her. She probably thinks I'm a freak! This relationship is all fake. And nobody's around." But then there was the fact that she had kissed him. And...oh man, this was confusing.

"I'm sorry." seto looked up at her. "I just...I got caught in the moment."

"Y-yeah, it's ok."

"Same happened to you?" she asked. Seto nodded.

"My mistake."

"It's alright. It's our little secret." He smiled and nodded.

"Ok, now it's my turn to ask question."

"Go."

"Same question you asked me."

"That's lacking creativity." He shrugged. "Well...I want to..." She looked at him. "I want the man I love to love me back. That's my heart's desire."

"Mmm, I see."

"Care for me to describe him to you? If you can gues who it is you get a prize."

"Ok, go for it."

"Five words that have something to do with him: cloudy, blue, ice, crystal, heart." Seto blinked.

"Ok, I have no idea."

"You have until I go to college to guess. And if you can't guess, I'll tell you."

"Deal."

Well, Kay got to know Seto more and Seto got to know her more. We don't care much about their interests, right? Right.

They finished dinner, swallowed a couple of peppermints and chocolate to get rid of any garlic breath, and left.

"Hey, want to go for a walk?" Seto asked.

"Sure." They walked through the city and then they went to the pier. It was dark and quiet and peaceful. They walked far down the boardwalk. The salty ocean wind blew. Kay shivered a bit.

"Darn it..."

"What's wrong?"

"Alex didn't let me put on a jacket." Seto put his arm around her.

"Better?" She nodded. They came to the end. The view was beautiful. All of the stars and the moon were reflected in the dark water. They could hear some of the city sounds. The closest was soft music coming from a club. "Would you like to dance, ma'am?" Seto asked gallently. Kay giggled.

"I would love to." Seto put his hands on her waist and she put her hands on his shoulders. He led her to the slow beat.

"So, how was our first date?" he asked.

"Amazing. And it'll make Minako and jealous mess."

"Heh. And you can brag that we kissed four times."

"I know, amazing." He smirked. They were quiet. "...Seto?"

"Yes?"

"C-can I tell you something?"

"Of course."

"Promise me you won't laugh or hate me?"

"Trust me, I can never hate you. You've grown on me." She looked into his eyes.

"W-well, the truth is...I...I l-"

"Ooh, well isn't THIS romantic?" a voice sneered. It was familiar. But it was not Minako. Kay felt her heart drop.

"No..." she whispered.

And...CLIFFIE! OMG! *Hugs chappie* So much love, so much love. I'm so happy. I hope you guys liked it.

Comments

Comments (14)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Bean on July 22, 2007, 5:50:52 AM

Bean on
BeanBwhahahahahhahahahhahahaaaa!
XD

Thats so awesome! I loved this chapter! Blair and the Student teacher! SAWEET!

Mmmmm (Y) Marik! MmRAWR! XD

I loved this chappie! I hope Mikako gets whats coming to her! >=(

THANK YOU!
-faves-

KionaKina on July 22, 2007, 6:01:21 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaYOU'RE WELCOME! ^^

Minako will pay, but that is Kay's daddy who ruined teh moment and...well, tis a long a story

WingedSheep on July 22, 2007, 2:16:28 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheepo_O'

i think there's... hm... someone xDDD

ok... i hope we shall see that on the next update? x))

oh well... x)

hehe... yeah... their first date... agh.. how romantic xDDD

KionaKina on July 22, 2007, 2:17:28 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaI agree! ^^

WingedSheep on July 22, 2007, 2:26:19 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheepoh goodie! ^o^
 
;DDD

animecrazyfan on July 21, 2007, 7:53:37 PM

animecrazyfan on
animecrazyfanIt's her father.. I'm sure..*nods*
I'm really sure*nods*
HE'S SUCH A (BEEP)!
she was about to tell him TT_TT
why? whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
you like doing that to us don't you? TT_TT
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?
*heart pounding* got I can't get overal this love X_x
(yeah I never held hand with a guy let alone kissing..this is just too much for me >_<)
I feel so akward.. >_< T_T

KionaKina on July 22, 2007, 12:09:55 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaI have once...it feels weird holding hands, truth be told.

And YES, you guessed right. Tis Kay's dad.

I know, I'm evil. I do love torturin gyou all and myself apparently. XP

animecrazyfan on July 22, 2007, 12:34:54 AM

animecrazyfan on
animecrazyfanyeah I knew I got it right!!! ^^

SnowKitty on July 21, 2007, 12:49:47 PM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyNO! Whoever that person is, I HATE them for spoiling the moment!THEY SHALL PAY!!!!!!!! Okay, that's it. I really liked this chappie!

KionaKina on July 21, 2007, 1:03:05 PM

KionaKina on
KionaKinayes, everyone will hate the person. I think everyone already hates them despite the fact they never made a full entrace in the story

KhaoticWolf on July 21, 2007, 11:07:59 AM

KhaoticWolf on
KhaoticWolfNOOOOOOO! Why God? WHY?! *cries in some random corner* Awesome chappie! Go KayxKaiba! I think I know who interrupted their little dance.

KionaKina on July 21, 2007, 1:02:31 PM

KionaKina on
KionaKinawasn't Minako!

Moon_Princess on July 21, 2007, 10:52:06 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_Princess*points* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! O_O I THINK IT KNOW WHO IT IS!! ITS! ITS! *someones slaps duct tape over my mouth* X_X
(Okay, okay, I'll wait. x.x)


But AWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! That was SO ROMANTIC! X3
I love this chappie the most! It was all fluffy and lovey-dovey and all Ryuuzashipping!!! ^-^

Update soon, okies?


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on July 21, 2007, 1:02:15 PM

KionaKina on
KionaKinakk. And everyone, tis not Minako. I hope you all caught that

Moon_Princess on July 21, 2007, 1:16:36 PM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessI know it's not Minako. But I still think I know who it is. o_o


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on July 21, 2007, 1:17:56 PM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaGive ya a hint: tis a male

InferiorKart on July 21, 2007, 10:38:49 AM

InferiorKart on
InferiorKartOMG!!! That was a great chapter!! *hugs*

KionaKina on July 21, 2007, 1:01:44 PM

KionaKina on
KionaKinathanks, hon. *hugs back*