Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - The Story Behind Khephera

Khephera is starting to understand life. Kay and Seto's boyfriend and girlfriend act is starting to feel like more than just an act. But there is a dark prescence watching them. Will Khephera be reunited with Seth? Will Kay tell Seto she loves him?

Chapter 4 - The Story Behind Khephera

Chapter 4 - The Story Behind Khephera
Kay and Khephera walked up the long steps to the museum and went to the room containing the stone tablets.

"Seth!" Khephera exclaimed when she saw the tablet of the Pharaoh dueling Priest Seth. Kay nodded.

"Yeah."

"Wow...I've never seen these carvings before."

"Khephera, you never told me much about your life in Egypt."

"Well...I was a Priestess. I was destined to guard the hidden Millennium Item."

"What? There's a hidden item?" Kay asked. Khephera nodded.

"see, there are seven known items. The millennium puzzle, ring, tauk, ankh, scale, rod, and eye. But the one I guard is a powerful and mysterious object that lets the bearer travel throuhg time, not view it."

"Is that how you got here?" Kay asked. Khephera nodded.

"It's the Millennium Hourglass. Stupid name, but it's a very colorful relic. If you touch the object while it is turned upside down and the sand is running, you'll randomly be transported through time. In Egypt, you can only move forward. If I used it here, I could go further into the future or back in time. Nobody dared test it."

"Then why did you?"

"I didn't. A theif was trying to steal it and it got knocke over and we both tried to grab it and then we were sent on a time voyage."

"Holy cow." Khephera nodded. "so, wait, does that mean you can never get home?"

"There might be a way, but I'm afraid I do not know what it is."

"Aw man..."

"Yeah."

"Well, tell me more about you and what else you did."

"Ok. I grew up in the palace. I was a spallcaster. My family has had a secret line of magic. We never told anyone because we were afraid we'd get taken away. But they discovered me and took me to the palace when I was four. I have never seen my family again."

"What?! But that's terrible." Khephera shrugged.

"At first I was really scared, but then I met Mana. She was so nice to me. We became friends instantly and grew up learning magic together. I learned faster then her and they soon chose me to become a priestess.

"I didn't see Mana as much and it got prett lonely. Isis was the only other female priestess and she was really quiet most of the time. The other priests pretty much ignored me."

"Even Seth?"

"At first. But when I turned fourteen, I met a strange girl with long blue hair and blue eyes. Her name was Kisara. She was often abused by the townpeople because she was so different. I helped her escape a mob and she became my second friend. But because she often left for the desert, I only saw her occasionally. Whenever she came I'd steal water and food for her.

"She was such a kind and forgiving girl. It made me sad when I thought about how people treated her." Khephera sighed. "But...then she met Seth. He loved her."

"Really? I thought he loved you." Khephera laughed a little.

"Well, first he fell in love with Kisara. And she loved him back. But they never admitted it. And then..." Khephera's face fell. "Kisara was murdered. And since that day, it was like a dark cloud covered Seth's heart. He was always dead quiet unless he was required to speak. I was different too. I almost never laughed anymore and smiled less than usual. Mana was worried and so was Luna-"

"Cat's past life?"

"How did you know that?"

"I just sort of knew."

"Oh, ok. Both were worried. I was constantly grieving for Kisara. She died too young and did not deserve it. And...in truth, she did it for Seth." Tears ran down Khephera's face. "She died for love..."

"Aw, Khephera." Kay hugged her. They were quiet for a while and then Khephera pushed back and continued.

"Seth and I...I was afraid to talk to him. Because, the truth was, I loved him. I had loved him since I was young. He was always so brave and important and I felt inferior. But he was nice. And I never told anyone how I felt because I thought Kisara deserved him more than me. And when she died it only hurt me more. I felt so selfish because I still loved Seth. How can I even consider loving someone my departed friend loved?

"Well...Seth was slowly healing but I wasn't. I never met his eye. I ran whenever he approached me for over a year. I started to fear people in general. So I'd hide during the day and come out at night. But...then he found me in the garden on the night of the full moon and askedme why I kept running away."

"So what did you say?"

"I told him...I never wanted to see him again. I said it hurt. And he did not seem to understand. And I was starting to cry so I tried to run away again, but he wouldn't let me. Instead, he made me look into his eyes and told me to tell him the truth. And I...I said I loved him."

"You did? That's actually really romantic." Khephera laughed weakly and nodded.

"I guess it was. I told him about how I've always loved him and about how I felt him an Kisara should be together and how guilty I felt because I still loved him even though Kisara was dead. And...he said nothing."

"What in the heck?! He said NOTHING after you spilled your heart out?" Kay shrieked. Khephera gave a small smile.

"He kissed me. That was his way of saying he felt the same way." Kay squealed.

"That is SO romantic." Khephera laughed again.

"Yes. And he proposed to me. But then that time incident."

"Stupid Millennium Hourglass..." Kay muttered.

"Ah good, you two are here."

Comments

Comments (12)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SnowKitty on July 25, 2007, 5:20:13 AM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyCool chappie. I gotta take a little break. Then, I'll read more.

KionaKina on July 25, 2007, 8:13:34 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaalrighty

animecrazyfan on July 24, 2007, 11:58:38 PM

animecrazyfan on
animecrazyfanWow!!
Kay-chan you AMAZE me 0_0
I can't write anything romantic without paralizing (sp?)
lol ^^

KionaKina on July 25, 2007, 12:00:09 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinawow, do I really? I'm flattered. ^^

You should read my fanfic "Why Do You Care?" on Fanfiction.net

It's so popular. But it's Seto/Tea (I love that piaring so much ^^)

KhaoticWolf on July 24, 2007, 8:49:40 AM

KhaoticWolf on
KhaoticWolf*sniffles and has a tissue in her hand* That poor, poor child. (Yes, I know she is older than all of us put together.) I really hope she can make it back home. Nice chap.

KionaKina on July 24, 2007, 11:32:07 PM

KionaKina on
KionaKinashe WILL make it back home, and it will be cheesy, verrry cheesy. But who don't like cheese?

Moon_Princess on July 24, 2007, 5:33:21 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessO.O WHAAAAAAA! POOR KHEPHERA! TT.TT *hugs her* It's okay! There'll be a way for you to get home! *sniffle*


Awesome, awesome chappie Kay-chan! ^^
Can't wait for the next! :D


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on July 24, 2007, 8:27:44 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinadon't cry, Cat. It's all gonna work out

InferiorKart on July 24, 2007, 4:09:10 AM

InferiorKart on
InferiorKartNice chapter. XD

KionaKina on July 24, 2007, 8:27:26 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinathanks ^^

WingedSheep on July 24, 2007, 1:26:45 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheepo_O'
 
woah... Khephera had so much to suffer ... o_O
 
aaand... that propose thing... o_O'
 
i've almost didnt get a heart attack ;DDD

KionaKina on July 24, 2007, 8:27:03 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaheh heh

WingedSheep on July 24, 2007, 5:41:31 PM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheepmhm ;P