Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Heartbroken

Seto..is...ENGAGED!? Uh-oh. Kay's boiling mad and very hurt. But...maybe it's not as bad as they think. (Based off the comic "Engagment Issues")

Chapter 1 - Heartbroken

Chapter 1 - Heartbroken
"How in the world am I gonna tell her?" Seto thought as he walked down the halls.

Flashback (YAY! XP)

"Mr. Kaiba, we know you've had a relationship with a girl."

"W-what? Who told you something like that?"

"We have our ways of knowing, sire."

"And we insist you end it."

"You do not have control over my personal life."

"Perhaps not, but you are arranged to marry the heiress of another company."

"And you two are to wed once she finished college at age 24."

"WTF? I'm not marrying ANYONE!"

"Kaiba, you have no choice. You signed the contract when you took over Kaiba Corp."

"There was NOTHING about marrying anyone."

"No, but there was the clause that you will do whatever it takes to merge our company with another."

"Mr. Kaiba, we'll get to it. You're young and the girls are crazy for you. And this factor has had the owner of a major American and European game company want to merge companies. Think of the profits."

"Think of the publicity."

"I don't care!"

"Mr. Kaiba, you don't care about this other girl, do you?"

"...not as more then a friend, gentlemen."

"Explain the situation to her. She'll understand."

"Yes. Besides, we're certain you;ll find the young lady arranged for you to be quite becoming."

"Indeed."

"Who is she?"

"We were told not to tell you yet."

"I'm getting married and I don't know who the heck it is?"

"We're a bit afraid to introduce you two too soon. We feel it's best to wait."

"Yes."

"Agh, whatever." He stormed out of the meeting room.


Kay was at her locker. Seto sighed when he saw her.

"Just tell her 'we should just be friends'. I mean...you had to break up with her anyway. You're not even really dating." He stepped closer to her. He felt sick about this. But it had to be done.

"Hi Seto." She greeted him with her usual smile. DAMN IT!

"Hey."

"...is something wrong?" she asked.

"Well, Kay. The thing is..." She looked at him curiously. He wanted to kick himself for this next part. "I'm engaged!"

She stared at him.

"You're...WHAT?!" He looked away from her.

"I'm engaged." She twitched a bit.

"And you're telling me this...NOW?!" she turned away, a scowl on her features. "What poor sap has to marry you anyway?"

"Well...the thing is...I don't really...know..." She stared at him. There was silence between them.

"Kaiba..." She hung her head. Seto immediately grew worried.

"H-hey, what's wr-" She lifted her head, tears forming in her eyes. Her fist clenched and she slapped him across the face, so hard a red imprint of her hand was on his face.

"YOU ARE SUCH A JERK!" she cried before turning to run away, sobbing into her hands. Seto stared after her.

"I'm...I'm sorry, Kay." And he turned around and walked away.

Comments

Comments (14)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

YoriXYamiForever on January 21, 2008, 12:36:17 PM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForeverPoor Kay... *cries* Seto... you really need to read the fine print. And learn to not be so blunt. "I'm engaged" is not a good thing to just blurt out to your girlfriend!! >_< But, poor Seto for being trapped into an engagement. ARRANGED MARRIAGES ARE STONEAGE PEOPLE!! COME ON!!!

KionaKina on January 22, 2008, 9:36:35 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinalol, true. but, hey, inspiration is inspiration, and this was what it was

YoriXYamiForever on January 22, 2008, 12:26:04 PM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForeverIt makes for a good story too! ^^ lol

SnowKitty on July 26, 2007, 8:38:32 AM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyI have to laugh at that slap moment. That was pretty funny for me! Well, I think that's all I can say right now.

KionaKina on July 26, 2007, 10:09:13 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinayeah, I laugh at it too

WingedSheep on July 26, 2007, 3:30:50 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheep@_@
 
woah... T_T
 
yeah.. seto IS a jerk... >_>

KionaKina on July 26, 2007, 10:08:54 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaWait a minute, this isn't even his fault! At least he was honest in stead of leading him on.

Seto: ...she stands up for me.

Yes I do. Um...so, yeah. DON'T BLAME SETO! Blame me, gosh darnit. I'm the one who writes it and tortures my OC. O_O What the heck is wrong with me?

WingedSheep on July 26, 2007, 4:42:23 PM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheephe he he ;DDD
 
ok ok... then i'll blame. hm.. someone xDDD

KionaKina on July 27, 2007, 1:04:22 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinalol, right on

animecrazyfan on July 25, 2007, 10:14:21 PM

animecrazyfan on
animecrazyfanno, no, no, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
T_T
Kaiba you jerk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kay DON'T RUN!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

KionaKina on July 26, 2007, 10:07:51 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKina...yeah, I guess Kay is somewhere being upset. *You hear something break in background* Oh, she's destroying stuff... O_O I gotta get out of here. *Runs*

gaaralover1 on July 25, 2007, 12:29:02 PM

gaaralover1 on
gaaralover1Wow.. I wanna cry now.... * Hugs Kay-chan* I'm sorry about Seto... HE's mean I know... And he doesn't read THE FINE PRINT. * Glares at Kaiba* He's a mean coldhearted jerk.. Well at least that's what other people say.. Seto's a favorite of mine...

KionaKina on July 26, 2007, 10:07:10 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaHeh, don't worry. It'll all end well. But, we'll go with it.

Kay: Thank you, you're so kind. KIONAKINA IS THE MEANIE!!

Tis true, I know it is because I have had Seto make my OC cry...how many times? I lost count

KhaoticWolf on July 25, 2007, 12:21:32 PM

KhaoticWolf on
KhaoticWolfPoor Kay-chan. Kiaba should be more careful when reading contracts. O.o

KionaKina on July 26, 2007, 10:06:00 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaI know, right? XP

Moon_Princess on July 25, 2007, 10:21:29 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessO_O
I know I should be used to the ending, but it's still dramatic. o.o
Poor Kay-chan. TT.TT *hugs her* It'll be okay.

Nice chappie! ^^ Keep it up, okies?


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on July 25, 2007, 10:22:21 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinajajaja