Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Memories of Her

Seto..is...ENGAGED!? Uh-oh. Kay's boiling mad and very hurt. But...maybe it's not as bad as they think. (Based off the comic "Engagment Issues")

Chapter 2 - Memories of Her

Chapter 2 - Memories of Her
Kay was at her locker, dumping books into it with a depressed look on her face. It's been a full day since Seto told her and she had completely avoided him. Her friends were wondering what the heck was wrong with her.

Finally, Alex and Cat confronted her.

"Kay, what's the matter with you?" Cat asked.

"You've been sulking since yesturday."

"...Kaiba told me something and I'm depressed about it."

"What'd he say?" Cat asked.

"..." She told them quitely.

"He's...WHAT?!" Cat and Alex yelled in unison. Kay turned away and starte dto close her locker, a defeated expression overtaking her face.

"Engaged. As in to be married."

"At 16?!?!" Cat shrieked. Kay looked at them tiredly, clearly not in the mood to discuss this anymore.

"Guys, it's no big deal, really." Cat put her hands on her hips.

"Oh yes, it IS a big deal. That'd be like Yami coming up to me and saying, 'oh, by the way Cat, I'm engaged to Anzu.'"

"You know that'd never happen."

"STILL! There's gotta be an explanation."

"Kay, don't lie to us about this." She turned away, her eyes covered by her bangs.

"You can just consider him and I broken up. Minako can try and sink her clutches into him now, for all I give."

"Kay, Kay listen to you. What are you saying?!" Alex cried. She did not answer. A sigh escaped the girl and then an idea struck her. "Hey, I know what'll cheer you up. My aunt's getting married. So after school we're going to the Bridal Store to try on dresses and see how stupid we look. Wanna come?"

Cat elbowed Alex and hissed, "Alex, bridal store!?"

"Oh!" she squeake,d automatically feeling stupid.

"I want to go." They both looked at Kay. A small, sad smile was on her lips. "Time and place?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


"God DAMN it." Seto alked down the hall, cursing himself. "Why the hell did I say anthing? Now she friggin hates my guts."

"Why do you care?" a voice, much like his own only more cruel, in the back of his mind asked.

"Um...hm...why do I care?" he asked himself. Another little voice which also sounded like him, but a bit kinder, sighed in irritation.

"Do I have to spell it out, Kaiba? Ok. You-are-in-love-with-her."

"No he is not!"

"Dude, shut up. You know it's the truth."

"...neh."


"...you're right...and I'm going nuts because look at me, I'm talking to myself. But...I guess I...I love her." (SO OOC!!! *Falls over and cries in defeat*)

(Flashback time!)

"Kaiba-kun?"

"What is it, Kay?"

"You've been working for hours, can't you give it a rest?"

"Why should I?"

"Because if you don't I'm gonna sitin your lap all night."

"Whatever." She raised her eyesbrow.

"Ok." And then she walked over and sat in his lap. He tried so hard not to blush. He thought she was kidding. "Are you gonna go to bed now?"

"No."

"Well, good thing I'm comfortable." He prayed to god she did not notice the red seeping into his face.

The sound of his typing had soon lulled her to sleep. Her head was rested lightly against his chest and she breathed softly. He shut down the computer and carried her upstairs to the room she always stayed in and laid her on the bed. He soft features seemed much cuter and innocent when she slept. It was also a graceful type of beauty she held.

Seto turned out the light and left her to sleep.


~*~

"Seto, may I ask you something?"

"Hmm?"

"Will you go bungee jumping with me one day?"

"...um...why?"

"It's always been a dream of mine, and if you were there it'd be more fun."

"You want me to risk breaking my neck?"

"C'mon, it's safe enough."

"Kay...you're nuts."

"Aw c'mon, Seto. It would be so nice to be with you. Besides, if I get scared I need to cling to someone and that someone happens to be you."

"Gee...lucky me."

"Yup."

"...we'll see."

"I know. I signed us up for this summer."

"WHAT?"

"Bye." She left the room.

"KAY!" He chased after her.


(End flashbacks)

Seto sighed. More stuff that had happened between him and Kay came to his mind, I'm just too lazy to write it.

"KAIBA!" He groaned and turned.

"Alex, come to tell me off again? Or this time are you gonna rack me?"

"I should, but to your luck I heard what you just said."

"YOU WHAT?!?!" he yelled.

"Listen, you idiot." He glared.

"I'm not afraid to hit a girl, you know. Not that I'm sure you are one."

"Don't even THINK of insulting me. Look, I don't know why, but Kay still loves you."

"Are you kidding? She hates me and probably wants me to die." Alex rolled her eyes.

"She's hurt, stupid. She's in love with you and she's sad because you're engaged."

"IT'S AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE!" Alex's jaw dropped.

"Are you joking?!"

"What the hell did you guys THINK?!"

"We thought you got drunk and proposed to someone off the street, or something like that!"

"HELL NO! The Big Five wants me to marry some heiress when she finished college to merge my company with another. It's out of my hands."

"Well Hell's Bells, you gotta tell Kay that."

"She won't talk to me, I've tried calling her for the past 25-hours. Why don't you tell her?"

"She'll tihnk I'm making it up to make her feel better. Ok, this afternoon we're going to a bridal store with my aunt. You can come there and explain yourself."

"Ok, time and place?"

Comments

Comments (12)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

YoriXYamiForever on January 21, 2008, 12:44:11 PM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForeverAwww... those flashbacks were soo sweet! ^_~ MAN! Reading this makes me really really really want to write my story with Seto! I've got the first two chapters done is all ^^; MUST READ MORE!

KionaKina on January 22, 2008, 9:36:56 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaok, you lost me. Who the heck do you lik?! Yami or Seto? O_o

SnowKitty on July 29, 2007, 11:07:21 AM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyHee hee. Kaiba has voices in his head. It reminds me of Kronk, for some strange reason. Good chappie!

KionaKina on July 29, 2007, 11:20:32 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaThe little voice in my head...there's actually a song titled that

WingedSheep on July 29, 2007, 3:17:41 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheepoooh!
 
they'll meet... in a bridal store ;P
 
he he x)))

KionaKina on July 29, 2007, 5:37:07 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinayup ^^

KhaoticWolf on July 28, 2007, 4:56:20 AM

KhaoticWolf on
KhaoticWolfFeel better Kay-chan. Nice job!

KionaKina on July 28, 2007, 11:28:28 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinagrazie!

Moon_Princess on July 27, 2007, 2:07:52 PM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessAwww, he loves her...and Alex found out! *giggles*
Sweet chappie! ^-^
But I feel sorry for Kay.
Don't be depressed Kay-chan! It'll be okay! TT.TT

Awesome chappie! I'm looking forward to the next one! :3


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on July 28, 2007, 11:27:46 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaChya!!! ^^

animecrazyfan on July 27, 2007, 6:59:23 PM

animecrazyfan on
animecrazyfanThat's more like it ^^
now it'll be a great inding, lucky you >_>,
I havn't figured every thing about my oc yet x_x

animecrazyfan on July 28, 2007, 6:01:21 AM

animecrazyfan on
animecrazyfanoh, and he's engaged to Kay ^^
right..? >_>
*gets ready to attack incase the answer is no*

KionaKina on July 28, 2007, 11:28:17 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaO_O Yes, he is...please odn't hurt me...

animecrazyfan on July 28, 2007, 7:23:44 PM

animecrazyfan on
animecrazyfangoooooooooooood ^^