Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - The Last Day of School

Seto..is...ENGAGED!? Uh-oh. Kay's boiling mad and very hurt. But...maybe it's not as bad as they think. (Based off the comic "Engagment Issues")

Chapter 5 - The Last Day of School

Chapter 5 - The Last Day of School
The next few weeks seemed to dissolve. Everything returned to normal. Minako was a pain in the @$$ and continued to flirt with Seto shamelessly, much to his irritation as well as Kay's.

Some friends revealed they were moving away, including Jo, Dark, Tiffany, Duke, and a few others who planned to graduate early.

Kay was looking forward to summer. The first few weeks were fun in the sun with Seto, Mokuba, and Adelinda. The last few weeks were with Uncle Pegasus and Adelinda in Florida.

"So, Cat, do you and Yami have any plans this summer?" Kay asked. It was lunch time. She was sitting with Kristen, Alex, Jackie, and Cat in the shade of a tree. It was very warm outside.

They had taken off their uniform jackets and tied back their hair to keep it out of their faces.

Cat munched into an apple.

"Yami and Yugi are going on a tour of Japan and asked me and Kristen to come along."

"Really?" Kay asked. Kristen and Cat nodded. "I smell summer love."

"Aw hush, Kay. What about you and Kaiba?"

"I'm spending my first few weeks of summer with him, Mokuba, and Adelinda. Then Adelinda and I are flying to visit my uncle for the last few weeks of summer."

"Ooh, really? That sounds like fun." Kay nodded and finished her onigiri neatly.

"Yeah, but there's this charity dinner I have to perform the tango at."

"Whose your partner?" Kristen asked.

"I don't have one yet."

"Well, here's a crazy idea, why not ask Kaiba?" Jackie asked. Cat nodded.

"Yeah."

"He's one of the guests. I can't ask him. It'd be weird."

"Uh, and since when has that ever bothered you?" Alex asked with a slightly annoyed expression. Kay was silent for a moment.

"Point to you." She ate a grape.

"Just ask him. You need to practice anyway."

"Ugh, fine. I'll ASK him. But if he says no, I'm hurting you."

"He won't say no, Kay." She rolled her eyes.

"Right, whatever." They finished their lunches and threw out the trash. "I'm heading to the computer lab to browse online."

"I'll come along."

"Me too." Cat and Alex followed Kay to the lab and they sat at three computers. They all did their own thing. Kay shrieked when she felt a hand on her shoulder and looked up to see Seto smirking down at her.

"Are you TRYING to give me a heart attack, Seto?!" she asked, sighing with relief.

"Sorry, but you're fun to scare." She scowled slightly. Alex nudged Kay a bit in the ribs and she glared.

"Umm...may I ask you something?"

"I suppose."

"Well...you know that charity dinner my uncle is hosting this summer?" He nodded. "I need to perform the tango but I don't have a partner. And...I was wondering if you would be my partner." He shrugged.

"Why not? When do we practice?"

"Whenever's good."

"OK." He sat at a computer and started working. Alex gave her a knowing smirk and Kay frowned.

"Don't say anything." Alex only snickered and went back to typing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


"come on bell, ring!"

The students groaned impatiently as the clock ticked slowly.

"Ten more seconds..."

"TEN!" Seto and Kay, unknowingly, sighed in unison.

Neither one joined in the count down. Kay simply doodled on her paper. She was not in THAT big a hurry to run out of the school. Besides, the huge crowd made her claustrophobic.

"NINE!"

She sketched a pair of eyes.

"EIGHT!"

A nose and mouth.

"SEVEN!"

Hair.

"SIX!"

More hair.

"FIVE!"

The collar of a coat.

"FOUR!"

Shoulders.

"THREE!"

Some deatils.

"TWO!"

Done.

"ONE!!!" The bell rang and the students cheered in excitement and ran out of the room like a stampede of wild boar. Kay and Seto sat back, waiting for the rush to leave.

Kay smiled at her picture and put it in her folder carefully then placed it in her bag and draped it over her shoulder.

"See you tomorrow, Seto." She smiled at him and walked out of the room.

Summer was finally here. And she planned on making it as fun as possible. And spending as much time as she could with Seto and Mokuba, but mostly Seto.

Her face turned pink thinking about it and she hurried to go and pick Adelinda up from school.

WHOO! Another fic out of the way. And here's the link to the next one!


http://www.fanart-central.net/story-47407.html


Oh, the tango thing isn't important, I just wanted to write it so yeah. It's not gonna get featured in the story. Just imagine it in your head. ^^

Comments

Comments (12)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

YoriXYamiForever on January 21, 2008, 1:05:23 PM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForeverYay! They're back to normal! ^^ I can't imagine Seto doing the tango... O_O Then again, in my story he goes ice skating lol I loved it! Great Job!!!! *favs*

KionaKina on January 22, 2008, 9:37:54 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaHe can tango. My friends reads stuff on the Yugioh characters that's, you know, extra. Seto apparently can tango

YoriXYamiForever on January 22, 2008, 12:27:14 PM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForeverOooooh, Seto dances.... hmmm..... this is kool ^^

TaisyXPegasus on November 11, 2007, 11:45:31 PM

TaisyXPegasus on
TaisyXPegasusCool...=))))

KionaKina on November 12, 2007, 8:58:24 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinathanks ^_^

Moon_Princess on July 30, 2007, 7:09:01 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessYAAYY! X3
No school! And Kaiba went dancing with you! Awww. ~_^

Awesome job! ^^ Off to da next chappie/story! ^.^


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on July 30, 2007, 7:09:51 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaja!

animecrazyfan on July 29, 2007, 10:01:18 PM

animecrazyfan on
animecrazyfanwell, not much to say ^^
but I reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaally liked it ^^
I'm guessing she drew Seto ^//////^
but that wouldn't make her smile, it would make her blush!
lol

KionaKina on July 30, 2007, 1:03:47 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaor would it? I don't know. ^^ I doodle Seto all the time and it makes me smile...I wanna draw a cute pic of Seto and Mokie. -_-

animecrazyfan on July 30, 2007, 2:23:39 AM

animecrazyfan on
animecrazyfanwell why don't you?

KionaKina on July 30, 2007, 5:55:12 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaI keep messing up

SnowKitty on July 29, 2007, 11:18:05 AM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyCool. I'm guessing the picture that you drew was of yet another random guy. When I doodle people, it's a random person most of the time. Well, on to the next story!

KionaKina on July 29, 2007, 11:21:19 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKina...huh? No, it was a picture of Seto

KhaoticWolf on July 29, 2007, 7:44:26 AM

KhaoticWolf on
KhaoticWolfWOOT NO SCHOOOLLLLLLLLL!

KionaKina on July 29, 2007, 8:53:37 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaYESH!