Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - "Forever"

Summer comes to an end. Kay cuts her hair and starts her senior year. Everyone is going through changes. (Either final story or second to last)

Chapter 3 - "Forever"

Chapter 3 - "Forever"
Kay stood backstage, her heart pounding painfully in her chest. Well, it was the night of the talent show. Non eof her friends knew what she would be doing...but she did. She was singing.

SINGING! What force on this Earth had forced her to do that?!

Well...she had worked with this song in privacy so many times, she would not sound terrible. It was a beautiful love song, and even though it was normally sung by a man, it was possible for a girl to sing it.

"Forever" by John Stamos.

She had chosen this song special for Seto, but heck if she would ever tell anyone. This was probably the reason she chose to sing.

Cat, Maria, and Tori had sung "If I Never Knew You" and they sounded beautiful. She thought they'd win. Alex's violin solo was incredible! She'd probably have second. Minako...she had done a model show...it was odd...maybe fourth place worth?

"And now, our final act, Miss Kay Simms." The audience applauded and Kay caught her breath and walked onstage. She felt sick.

She got to the microphone without stumbling, now THAT was an accomplishment. She gripped it and gulped nervously, looking out at all the faces.

"Oh my God, I can't do this..." she thought.

"Go Kay-Chan!" She looked at the front row and saw Adelinda, Mokuba, and Seto. She smiled at them and nodded. The music started slowwly and after another deep breath, she started to sing.

If every word I said, could make you laugh, I'd talk forever."

(together my love)
((This is a chorus singing))

"I'd ask the sky just what we had, it showed forever."

(together my love)

"If the song I sing to you, could fill your heart with joy, I'd sing forever."

(together my love)

"Forever, forever."
(This is both chorus and Kay-chan)

"I've been so happy loving you..."

(together my love)

"Let the love I have for you live in your heart, and be forever..."

(together my love)

"Forever, forever."

"I've been so happy loving you"


There was a musical break.

"If every word I said, could make you laugh, I'd talk forever..."

"Forever, forever."

"I'll be so happy loving you..."
Kay stepped back from the mike and started to walk backstage again, and was shocked to hear the loud applause from the audience. She gave a small bow and then retreated backstage, where Alex greeted her with a hug.

"Kay, you sounded beautiful!" she exclaimed. Kay hugged her back.

"Thank you so much, Alex." Cat grinned her approval.

"You were awesome, Kay." Maria nodded.

"Yeah. How come you only write songs and never sing them?"

"Ok, the truth is...I get stage fright whenever I sing..."

"Really?! Well, why'd you sing here then?" Tori asked. Kay gave a small smile.

"I have my reasons."

"We now have the winners. Will all contestants please come to the stage." They all did so. Minako shoved Kay and Alex and Tori caught her before she fell and they all glared at her.

"Fifth place, we have Minako."

"WHAT?!" she screeched as they handed her the ribbon. "I demand a recount!" she cried.

"Um...fourth place, we have Anzu and her ballet routine." Anzu smiled and accepted her ribbon graciously. "Third place, we have Alex and her solo routine." Alex squealed happily and accepted the trophy. Kay hugged her.

"Congrats!"

"Thank you."

"Second place, we have Kay for her performance of the song 'Forever.'" Kay accepted the trophy, looking downright shocked.

"I got second?! Wow..." Alex hugged her.

"Go Kay-Chan!"

"And first place, we have Cat, Mariam and Tori for their beautiful performance of the song 'If I Never Knew You.'" The three girls squealed and accepted the trophy, cheering. The audience applauded. "Thank you all for attending the senior talent show, this year was a success. Good night, drive safely."

The people started filing out. Adelinda and Mokuba both ran to hug Kay.

"Kay-chan, you sounded so beautiful!" Adelinda cried. Mokuba nodded.

"I really liked your song." She laughed and hugged them both.

"Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it."

"Yeah, Seto did too. He couldn't stop staring at you." Seto immediately blushed.

"Mokuba!" He laughed a bit.

"I'll race you to the car, Mokie!" Adelidna said.

"You're on!" They took off running. Kay smiled at them. Seto looked at her and pointed at the trophy she was holding.

"So, second place." Kay grinned and nodded.

"Yeah, I was really surprised." He shook his head.

"Not me, you really did sound beautiful. I don't think I've ever heard you sing before."

"Truth is, I get stage fright when it comes to singing. Dancing is my thing."

"I know. DDR." She nodded.

"But...there was something special about that song." He took her hand.

"Well, let's go catch our siblings." She nodded and they ran after Mokuba and Adelinda before they caused more chaos than usual.

Alex watched them and smiled to herself.

"Too bad Kaiba didn't read between the lines of her song. He'll figure it out soon enough." Kristen nodded.

"I agree. Kay won't really leave to Europe, will she?"

"I don't think so...and if she does, I wonder how long she can bear to be gone."

"Personally, I think Kaiba would jump on a plane and go after her." Alex laughed and nodded.

"Maybe." Yugi walked up to Kristen and hugged her.

"Hi you two."

"Hey Yugi."

"So, ready to get some pizza?" he asked Kristen. She smiled and nodded.

"Yeah. Bye Alex."

"Bye."

Comments

Comments (11)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

PandaChan21 on October 24, 2007, 10:58:59 PM

PandaChan21 on
PandaChan21i could never have sung for a talent show ever! i get scared too easily...

KionaKina on October 25, 2007, 10:05:03 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaI've sung for old people, but never in front of a real stage. *Hides* Scary...

KhaoticWolf on August 3, 2007, 8:46:26 AM

KhaoticWolf on
KhaoticWolfI wanna see what happens next! Nice job!

KionaKina on August 3, 2007, 9:00:45 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinatrust me, so do I ^^

SnowKitty on August 3, 2007, 3:39:01 AM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyYou know, I actually thought of singing for a talent show, once. Of course, I'm too nervous to try. Yay for Nekoshipping! It was a very, very small moment, but a moment, nonetheless. WHEE!

KionaKina on August 3, 2007, 4:31:09 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinalol, indeed it was

animecrazyfan on August 2, 2007, 6:58:33 AM

animecrazyfan on
animecrazyfanawwwwwwwwwwwww!
so cute!

KionaKina on August 2, 2007, 8:03:58 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinathank you ^^

Moon_Princess on August 2, 2007, 4:52:28 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessYaaay! See Kay doesn't suck at singing! ^-^
*claps*

By the way, didn't Kaiba hear her sing accidentally that one time in one of your earlier stories? :3
Hehehehehehe. ^^

Awesome chappie! :D Update okies? ^.^


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on August 2, 2007, 4:53:47 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinano, no it was DDR, not singing. ^^

Moon_Princess on August 2, 2007, 5:10:02 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessOoooh! Okies. ^^

KionaKina on August 2, 2007, 5:12:03 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinawhat
s up with the comments? I can't see the ones on my pics or pro that just came in

Moon_Princess on August 2, 2007, 5:14:56 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessI noticed that! X.x
I didn't see your comments until I hit one of the buttons that showed more comments. >_<;

KionaKina on August 2, 2007, 5:17:46 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinasame here O_o

Moon_Princess on August 2, 2007, 5:20:15 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessGuh. Fanart Central has done this before. >_< I hope they get the problem fixed. x.x

KionaKina on August 2, 2007, 5:20:55 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinasame here