Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - One Year Later... (I lack a good chappie title)

Summer comes to an end. Kay cuts her hair and starts her senior year. Everyone is going through changes. (Either final story or second to last)

Chapter 8 - One Year Later... (I lack a good chappie title)

Chapter 8 - One Year Later... (I lack a good chappie title)
As the chapter title states, it's been a year since Kay left. Nobody was depressed or sad about it, but they all still missed her.

Things were more quiet. There was less scheming, less taunting. Even Jounouchi missed the way she used to taunt him and he missed calling her "Mini Kaiba" and getting slapped.

Alex missed plotting with Mokuba and Adelinda to set her up with Seto.

Cat and Jackie missed plotting against Minako with Kay.

It was pretty different, but they all moved on and started college or applying for jobs.

Seto did not seem to change. He was back to his old quiet, almost antisocial self. His smile was almost dead again.

Most of the sunshine that had started to get to him was gone. All he had was Mokuba and Adelinda, and he could not even really look at Adelinda anymore because she was her spitting image.

Seto sighed and looked away from his computer to a picture of him, Adelinda, Mokuba, and Kay from last summer. They were at the beach.

Mokuba and Adelinda were giving peace signs a making faces, Seto looked a bit annoyed, and Kay was laughing.

He still missed her...

It had been a little more than a year since she had left. And so far no call or anything to say when she was coming to visit...not that it really mattered.

He worked the same long, hard hours as before. It kept his mind off of her and helped avoid her friends who were trying to get him to hang out with them.

The sun set and Seto was scolded by half of his employees to take a break.

As he walked down the sidewalk, he saw Alex, Cat, Jackie, Miho, Khaos, Ryou, Yami, Honda, and Jounouchi. Seto quickly moved into the shadows to stay out of their view.

"So you can't get in touch with Kay-chan, Alex?" Cat asked. She shook her head.

"No! I've tried calling her five times today and nothing gets through. It's been more than a week. I'm worried."

"What about Adelinda?" Jackie asked.

"She says she's having the same problem."

"Ya think she's mad at us?" Jounouchi asked.

"Why would she get mad?" Yami asked.

"That's my question." Alex shook her head.

"There's no way she wouldn't let her sister call. It must be her cell phone."

"Has she answered any e-mails?" Honda asked.

"Well...no..." Alex mumbled. Miho sighed.

"I hope nothing happened to her."

"Yeah...I kind of wished she'd just gone to college here in Domino. Things would be more like they used to be."

"Mmm-hmm. And Rich boy is back to being an antisocial emo."

"Jounouchi!" Alex exclaimed. He shrugged.

"Ya know it's true. Man, he was almost tolerable while Mini Kaiba was around."

"Well, Kay has a way of getting under your skin."

"Tell me about it." Jounouchi scratched his arm. "She itches." This made them all laugh. When they were gone, Seto came out of his hiding place and sighed again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


The sun had just set completely. Seto was at the place he had taken Kay the night before she had left. He sat on the swing and listened to the waves. He closed his eyes and tried to relax.

"'If every word I said could make you laugh, I'd talk forever.'"

Ok, now he was hearing things.

"'I ask the sky just what we had, it shone forever...'"

Her song, from the talent show.

"'If the song I sing to you could fill your heart with joy, I'd sing forever.'"

He didn't want to open his eyes, for fear her voice would be gone if he did. (Another movie...um...no clue which one @_@)

(Forever, forever)

"'I've been so happy loving you.'"


Did her song mean...

"'Let the love I have for you live in your heart, and beat forever.'"

"Kay!" He opened his eyes and looked around. There was nobody there. Nothing. He buried his face in his hands with a defeated sigh. Just his imagination...

Seto stood up and walked slowly back to the mansion. It was probably midnight by the time he got home. His butler walked up to him, looking rather chipper.

"Welcome home, Mr. Kaiba." Seto handed him his jacket and nodded curtly.

"Thank you." He trudged up the stairs and into his room. Mokuba was there.

"Big brother! There you are!" Seto looked at him in surprise.

"Mokuba? What are you still doing up?"

"You have a guest."

"At this hour?" Mokuba nodded.

"In the lounge." Seto sighed.

"Fine, but go to bed now." Seto walked back downstairs and into the lounge. He didn't see anyone. Seto walked completely into the room and looked around. Nobody.

He almost turned to go, when he heard something familiar from behind him.

"'If every word I said could make you laugh, I'd talk forever.'"

He froze and heard footsteps approaching him. Someone gently hugged him from behind. They leaned up and sang the last line of the song into his ear.

"'I'll be so happy loving you...'"[/i]

Seto caught his breath and waited a moment before turning around. He stared into a familiar pair of green eyes. It was her.

She looked the same as she did a year ago. Maybe a little bit older, but not much.

"Kay."

"Hi Seto. I hope you didn't mind too much that I made you wait a year." He pulled her to him and hugged her, gently running his hands through her hair. She hugged him back and he prayed to God he wasn't dreaming.

He moved back a bit and looked at her, one hand cupping the side of her face.

"When did you get back?"

"This afternoon."

"How long are you going to be here?" he whispered. Her eyes sparkled with excitement.

"I'm staying."

"What?"

"I transferred to Domino U."

"Kay, why?" he asked. She sighed.

"I was sort of hoping it'd be obvious, but ok. I'll explain. In Germany I was always by my self and very distracted. I got the work done and did well, but the teachers were worried. Finally, after the final grades for the first year were in, the principle asked to see me. He said I was a good student, but I was not doing my best work there. He asked me if there was something back home that was holding me back. And there was..."

Seto stared back at her.

"Kay..."

"Let me finish, please. I...I spent the past week thinking about it and there's just no dodging it." She looked up at him and he could see she was nervous about what she wanted to say. "I love you, Seto. And I don't want to be so far away from you." He felt his heart stop and for a moment he couldn't breathe.

She loved him...

She gently touched his face and he could tell that she was now scared. Scared of his reaction. "Will you please tell me how you feel?" she whispered.

He was quiet for a moment. Now...he had to tell her.

"I feel like an idiot for not saying this before..." he muttered. "Kay..." He pulled her to him and held her. "I love you...and I don't want you to leave ever again."

(GAH! *Bangs head* SO...SAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

She smiled a bit and pulled closer.

"No fear of that, you're stuck with me." He pulled her up to meet him and pressed his lips to hers.

"YEAH!"

"FINALLY!"

They pulled away to see Mokuba and Adelinda in the doorway, grinning and clapping.

"You knew she was coming?" Seto asked.

"No, but we knew she was here." He frowned. Kay giggled and kissed him again. Then, after a few minutes, she pulled away.

"However there's still one issue we need to deal with."

"What's that?"

"Your engagement."

"Mmm...I can think of a solution." She raised an eyebrow.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


"WHAT?" the big five yelled.

"You heard me, I'm getting married to someone else."

"Sir, who? Why?"

"I'm glad you asked." Kay entered the room and Seto wrapped his arm around her waist. "Meet my fiance, Kay."

"So you're the ones who tried to force Seto to marry a stranger."

"I can't believe this!" one guy yelled.

"Our plan is ruined."

"Wait...what's your last name?" one guy asked suspiciously.

"Simms, why?" she asked. They all exclaimed excitedly.

"You're the one he was engaged to all along!" another one yelled.

"WHAT?!" Kay and Seto exclaimed.

"You mean we freaked out for nothing?" Seto asked.

"Well I feel cheated..." Kay muttered.

YES!! Oh YES!! A happy ending! Wahahaha! And you all thought she was gone for good, didn't ya? Well she's back! And she's staying!

Next chapter is the... *Sniff* Last one. It's the epilogue. Thanks you all for reading. ^^

Comments

Comments (14)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

setokaibaslittlesis on November 13, 2007, 6:10:18 AM

setokaibaslittlesis on
setokaibaslittlesis-coughcough-

Mad plot deduction skillz. XD

KionaKina on November 13, 2007, 10:04:29 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinariiiiight

PandaChan21 on October 24, 2007, 11:28:23 PM

PandaChan21 on
PandaChan21I love that! lolz...

KionaKina on October 25, 2007, 10:05:37 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinayes, we all do

SnowKitty on August 19, 2007, 9:29:16 AM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyLOL! That ending was funny! Great job!

KionaKina on August 19, 2007, 9:30:04 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKina*Bows* Grazie

animecrazyfan on August 8, 2007, 9:22:39 PM

animecrazyfan on
animecrazyfanyou mean.. the next chappie is the last one..ever?
no more stories..BUH!!??..GONE!!??..FINISHED!!??
but you can't do that!!*cries*
(yeah even in a happy ending I find somethin to cry about)

KionaKina on August 9, 2007, 5:12:44 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaO_O Sa-chan, I'm doing another series so...don't freak! There will be stories, but the storyline is a new one

animecrazyfan on August 9, 2007, 7:37:52 AM

animecrazyfan on
animecrazyfanoh..
*snif*
I love yoooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu *bear hug*

KionaKina on August 9, 2007, 7:38:48 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKina*Hugs you back* I feel loved ^^

KhaoticWolf on August 8, 2007, 7:35:45 AM

KhaoticWolf on
KhaoticWolfLMAO! They was engaged all this time! *cackles* I have one more thing to say...IT'S A MIRACLE!!!!!! They finally admitted their feelings to each other! *hears a marching band in the back* WOOT!

KionaKina on August 8, 2007, 7:37:44 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinalol, indeed. ^^

YGOfan on August 8, 2007, 7:24:22 AM

YGOfan on
YGOfanI knew it knew she would be his arranged marriage i have a sixth sense
Great chapter it's not sappy
It's a happy happy ending
hey you know what today i was listening to Avril Lavigne's song- My happy ending(before reading this chapter)and i was thinking about Kay and Seto(now that's a sixth sense)
Update soon=3
Now if you can excuse me, I'll go and do a victory dance
 

KionaKina on August 8, 2007, 7:25:18 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinalol, ok ^^

Moon_Princess on August 8, 2007, 6:27:14 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessYaaaYYY!! *throws confetti all over* *sing songs* Happy ending~! Happy ending~! ^-^!!

It wasn't sappy at all, dun worry! ^.^
Great job! I lovie this chappie! :3
Update soons, okies? ^.^


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on August 8, 2007, 6:30:51 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaI shall ^^