Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Great, Egoman's Hosting a Tournament

A new story about my OC, Kay, and her friends, life, lovelife, and so on.

Ryuuzashipping
EternalShipping

Ratings may change

Chapter 5 - Great, Egoman's Hosting a Tournament

Chapter 5 - Great, Egoman's Hosting a Tournament
The next day of school went by slowly.

Kay sat alone at lunch one again. She did not eat today, not hungry at all for whatever reason. She was working hard on her laptop, researching Egyptology for soem inspiration for new card designs.

She remembered her uncle had traveled to Egypt and based Duel Monsters of an ancient form of the game played by ancient Egyptians sorcerors.

"Hi!" Kay looked up to see a smiling girl with blue eyes and long blue hair tied into a ponytail with a yellow ribbon.

"Um...hello."

"I'm Miho Nosaka, and you are?"

"Um...I'm Kay."

"Well Kay, do you mind if I join you?" Miho asked. Kay noticed she was holding a lunch tray. Shrugging uncomfortably, Kay nodded a bit.

"Sure, I guess..." Miho smiled and sat down. She ate her lunch while Kay worked.

"So, you're interested in Egyptology?"

"Er...sure. You can say that."

"Egypt is really cool. I want to go there someday."

"Me too." The bell rang and Kay gathered her stuff. "Well, I'll see you around, Miho."

The next day, Miho sat with Kay at lunch again. She talked a little bit more to her but wondered why she continued sitting there. Kay was not exactly acting friendly.

The day after that, Miho sat there again.

"Do you enjoy my company?" Kay asked, amusement flickering in her eyes.

"Well...you seem like you could use a friend, and you're not mean or anything."

"Ah, I see. Well, I admire your persistance."

"What do you mean?" Miho asked. Kay shrugged.

"I don't know if you noticed, but I have not really spoken much the past two days."

"Maybe you're the quiet type?" Miho offered. This made Kay laughed.

"No, no. Quite the opposite, in face. I'm just bad at communicating with new people."

"Well, I'm not new, I'm not strange."

"That's true."

"So, do you want to hang out after school? My boyfriend, Ryou, and I are going to get some pizza."

"Well...um...sure, why not?" Miho smiled.

"Great."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Kay waited outside of the pizza place wearing a blue navel bearing T-shirt, a white jacket, and blue jeans.

Miho soon walked up, hand-in-hand with a boy who had long white hair and brown eyes.

"Hi Kay."

"Hello Miho."

"This is my boyfriend, Ryou Bakura."

"Nice to meet you, Kay."

"Likewise, Ryou." She shook hands with him.

"Well, let's get some pizza."

They went into the shop and ordered two pizzas.

Ryou and Miho were both very nice. Kay enjoyed their company very much vut she still avoided talking much.

Ryou stopped her from reaching for her wallet.

"It's my treat."

"Are oyu sure? I'd be happy to chip in."

"No no, it's my treat."

"Alright, if you're sure." Miho smiled and kissed Ryou on the cheek.

"He's so sweet." Ryou paid for the pizza.

"Well you two, this has been fun, but I need to head home."

"Alright, Kay. Thanks for coming along."

"No problem. Thanks for inviting me." She smiled and took her purse then walked outside and to her apartment.

There was an envelope waiting for her.

"What is this?" She looked at the return address. "Great, no return address." She ripped open the letter and read it.

Dear Ms. Simms,

you are cordially invited to attend the Battle City Duel Monsters tournament. For further information, please come to Clock Tower Square by nine fifteen tonight for the rules on registration.

We hope you will attend.


"Hmph, Battle City, eh? Fine. I'll go. I've got nothing better to do." Kay put the letter in her purse and walked back out of her apartment and to Clock Tower squared.

It was five til nine. There were already many duelists there.

She recognized a couple of them from International Tournaments. There was Mai Valentine, one of the top female duelists in the world.

Then there was Weevil Underwood, Mako Tsunami, and Rex Raptor.

Kay groaned as she saw two familiar faces: Yugi and Anzu.

Mai saw them too and immediately ran over to them.

"Hey Yugi, there you are!' Mai called, running over and waving.

"It's Mai Valentine!" Yugi said.

"Oh joy..." Anzu sighed.

"I KNOW you guys missed me."

"It's such a shame we don't hang out more often." Mai put Anzu in a playful headlock.

"Ye. It is. Isn't it?" Mai smirked. "You're looking snazzy, Tea. Is this a date?"

"We're just friends, Mai."

"Uh-huh." Kay rolled her eyes.

"Idiots." She walked away from them, just in case Mai tried to hug her next. Kay knew Mai from a German tournament she had gone to. They weren't close friends, at least not on Kay's terms.

Kay looked at the clock. 9:15.

"Who is hosting this tournament?" she asked. "They'd better hurry up and announce this."

"Look!" One person yelled. Kay looked up at one of the giant monitors and groaned.

"Oh great..." It was Seto.

"Greetings duelists. Welcome to the town of Domino." His face appears on every large screen on all of the sky scrapers. A scowl appeared on kay's face.

"What an egotist. I should start calling him Egoman."

"But more importantly, welcome to my tournament." Kay heard Mai and looked sto see her with Yugi and Anzu again.

"I don't know which is bigger: his ego or his melon on the big screen." This made Kay grin a little, but she still kept her distance and focused back on Seto.

"Let's hear what Kaiba has to say," Yugi said.

"I see you each recieved your private invite to Kaiba Corp's very exclusive duel monsters tournament and you had enough brains to show up here tonight."

Kay glared. "Who are YOU calling brainless, Egoman?" she snapped. Mai, Yugi, and Anzu looked at her.

"Hey! It's Kay!" Mai exclaimed. Kay groaned. She had not meant to call attention to herself. She forced a smile and waved.

"Hi Mai." Thank God, Seto decided to talk again. Now Mai would not want to relive old times.

"Being that you all are elite duelists, I've added special rules to my tournament just for experts. For example," The screen showed Seto's new version of the duel disk on his arm. "You will duel using these new and improved duel disks."

Kay frowned. She hated to admit it, but it exceeded her uncle's dueling arenas by far. Stupid Kaiba Corp. She wanted to smack everyone around her who was oohing and ahhing over that duel disk.

"Another new rule that I designed for the tournament is that before each duel, both playera must ante up their rarest card and the loser of the duel must forfeit his card to the winner."

"Forfeit my Dark Magician?!" Yugi said.

"That means losing even one duel can ruin my deck!" Mai exclaimed. Kay tohught about this.

She had three Blue Eyes White Dragons and one Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon. None of these monsters had ever appeared in a public duel before. Nobody in the world other than her uncle realized she owned these cards.

If she entered this tournament and played her Blue Eyes then LOST...

"I just won't lose..." she said silkily.

"My competition will make Pegasus and his Duelist Kingdom tournament look like a joke."

"EXCUSE ME?!" Kay yelled. "YOU WANNA SAY THAT TO MY FACE, KAIBA?!" A few people stared at her, but she ignored them, Crossing her arms, she muttered angrilly under her breath. "Stupid, inconsiderate jerk."

She glared at anyone who agreed with Kaiba and they shut up.

The wind picked up and everyone turned to see a chopper with Seto hanging out of it.

"Kaiba!" Yugi said.

"I hope he falls and cracks his head open..." Kay spat, glaring up at him with her arms crossed. (Wow...just wow... ^^')

He threw his free arm up toward the sky.

"Don't forget to register and pick up your duel disks because exactly one week from today, my Battle City tournament begins!"

"You're on, Kaiba!" Yugi said.

Kay was still glaring.

"Prepare to lose, Kaiba. I'll show you who looks like a joke, you insensitive jerk." Kay walked away from clock tower square and then stopped. She was still peeved at him.

So, without really thinking this over, she called a taxi and drove off to Kaiba Corp.

Kaiba's chopper had just landed by the time she arrived and Seto was getting out of it. She got out of the taxi, slammed the door, and threw the money to the driver through the window.

She stormed up to him.

"Well, hello there, Egoman."

"What do you want?" he asked. She glared daggers.

"An apology, you insensitive bastard! How dare you insult my uncle and his Duelist Kingdom tournament."

"I have every right to insult scum like YOUR famil-"

SMACK!

He stared at her as her hand sharply smacked his face.

"You are SO damn lucky I did not hit you HARDER. I SWEAR Kaiba, you are going to regret ever messing with me."

"Am I really? It looks like your uncle did not teach you any manners."

"Oh yeah? What about you? You wouldn't know manners if they bit your rich boy @$$."

"You'd better watch your mouth, NOBODY talks to me like that."

"Well that makes me a nobody because I will talk to you however the hell I want. It's called Freedom of speech and you'd better get used to it." Kay jabbed him in the chest. "Just wait until your tournament, bud, and I'll teach you a lesson you'll never forget." He slapped her hand away.

"We'll just see about that."

"No, we won't." She turned sharply on her heel and got back into her taxi and they drove away.

Seto watched that taxi and narrowed his eyes.

"She won't last long...I'll see to it."

DAMN! I had to watch my DVD to get those lines right. *Sighs* I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Comments

Comments (14)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

YoriXYamiForever on January 23, 2008, 10:52:40 AM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForeverKaiba... *sighs* I give up. I'll just have to be patient for your good side to come out.

Yay! Kay-chan met Miho! ^^

KionaKina on January 23, 2008, 10:54:47 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaSeto and Kay's feels are VERY slow progress. Kay falls for him first, his feelings are more gradual.

He's kinda afraid to fall in love so..there's lot of complications, but it sohuld be fun to read and write

YoriXYamiForever on January 23, 2008, 10:57:30 AM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForeverEven though those kind of stories try your patience I love them ^^ Can you imagine thinking back on that? *snickers*

*imagining scene*

Kay: Remember how we first met?

Seto: *sweatdrop* Yeah... we hated each other for quite a while huh?

*falls over laughing*

Yeah, this'll be worth it ^^

TaisyXPegasus on January 4, 2008, 7:47:03 PM

TaisyXPegasus on
TaisyXPegasuswow...Miho and Bakura are dating...Great!
 
Kaiba...Grr,evil.=(((( Kay,go!Hit the bastard!!!!!!!

KionaKina on January 5, 2008, 3:02:00 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinayesh, she is so muck more spunky

YamiRevea on November 19, 2007, 3:51:16 AM

YamiRevea on
YamiReveaServes that bastard Seto...

Ha! O_O; Ryou and Miho are...d-dating?? Lol...I can't belive it ^^;; ehehehe... I should run. Great chappie!

KionaKina on November 19, 2007, 3:54:51 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinathat was from the original undubbed Yugioh. They break up by the end of Battle City

PandaChan21 on October 13, 2007, 4:50:32 AM

PandaChan21 on
PandaChan21Kay...is an ANGEL! Kiba deserved it...

KionaKina on October 13, 2007, 8:11:01 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaUmmm... *not 100% sure what you mean8 Thank...you, Tori? ^^;;

SnowKitty on August 25, 2007, 11:22:51 AM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyHaha! Kay ROCKS! Kaiba SO deserved that slap! Great chappie!

KionaKina on August 25, 2007, 11:23:42 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaYES! she does rock!

animecrazyfan on August 13, 2007, 7:16:27 AM

animecrazyfan on
animecrazyfanYES!!
she smacked him!!!
sometimes he gets on my nerves I just want to do that!

KionaKina on August 13, 2007, 7:20:41 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaHECK YEAH! *High fives* you go girl!

animecrazyfan on August 14, 2007, 7:40:03 AM

animecrazyfan on
animecrazyfanYEAH!

Moon_Princess on August 13, 2007, 6:06:40 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessWoooowwww! Hard feelings left and right. O.O
*can feel the eeriness in the room* '__';

But never-the-less yay! Kay finally was able to make a friend and Battle City is on! ^-^

I look forward to what's happening next! Update soon, okies? ^-^!


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on August 13, 2007, 6:43:21 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaI shall