Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Kicking Off Battle City

A new story about my OC, Kay, and her friends, life, lovelife, and so on.

Ryuuzashipping
EternalShipping

Ratings may change

Chapter 7 - Kicking Off Battle City

Chapter 7 - Kicking Off Battle City
Kay sat outside of Domino High, reading. Well, tomorrow was the day Battle City begins. She was pretty uninterested about the whole thing.

She was about halfway through her book and not paying attention to the world around her. This is why she shrieked when she felt someone poke her in the ribs. (My boyfriend does that to me... -_- I hate it)

Kay spun around to kill whoever had done that and saw a girl with short, spike blonde hair, blue eyes, and an evil smirk snickering.

"Surprise!"

"...Alex?" Kay asked uncertainly, squinting her eyes slightly.

"In the flesh!" Alex hugged her. "Did ya miss me?"

"I haven't seen you since I moved away so...YES!" Kay hugged her back and they both squealed happily. "what are you doing here?"

"Well, my dad got a new job here and I heard oyu moved here so I decided to come."

"Well that's lucky."

"Indeed."

"Do you have your schedule?"

"Yup." Alex handed her the schedule and Kay scanned it.

"Alright! You have five classes with me."

"God is smiling on us." Kay laughed and nodded.

"Yeah."

"And you're smiling too, that's nice. I was told you got all serious without me around to make you have fun and act like a teenager."

"Well...uh..."

"Don't deny it." Kay smiled and shook her head a bit.

"Fine, whatever. Now come on, I should show you around the school."

"Right on!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


The school day ended and Kay and Alex walked outside together. Kay was really happy to have her old best friend back. Now she actually had someone at school she was close friends with.

"So you're entering a tournament?"

"Tomorrow it starts."

"Can I tag along?"

"Sure thing, Alex. It'll be more fun to have you taunt all of my opponents."

"HELL YEAH!" A limo pulled up and one of the suits who work for Pegasus walked out.

"Hello Miss Simms."

"Um, hello."

"I am you personal chauffeur."

"Oh, um, ok." ^^ He opened the back door and a girl with hair almost exactly the same as Kay's stepped out, smiling.

"Hi Kay-chan."

"Adelinda!" Adelinda ran over and Kay picked her up and hugged her. "What brings you here?"

"I got a letter about uncle and decided to come live here with you. I'm already enrolled in Domino Elementary."

"But what about the dance academy?"

"They said I can transfer back whenever I want to."

"Really?" She nodded.

"I'm gonna take some dance classes here to keep myself in tip top shape." Kay laughed and hugged her again.

"Well, if you're sure, I'm glad you're here, sis."

At this time, Yugi, Jounouchi, Honda, and Anzu had walked outside and watched all of this.

"Wow...maybe that girl isn't too bad," Honda said.

"Hey, don't forget how she treated Yugi!" Anzu snapped.

"Well, she seems to think I'm the one who put Pegasus in a coma."

"No wonder she doesn't like you."

"Thanks Honda..." Yugi said. Anzu looked annoyed.

"He's just standing up for her because she's Miho's friend." Honda blushed.

"That's got nothing to do with it."

"Whatever." Yugi smiled and sweatdropped.

'Yugi.'

'What is it Yami?'

'We need to focus on the Battle City tournament, it starts tomorrow. And I have a feeling that Kay wants us out of it, so keep your guard up if she challenges you.'

'I'm sure she doesn't duel and read minds like Pegasus did.'

'Perhaps not, but she's bound to have a powerful deck.'

'I know. Hopefully we can prove we did nothing to Pegasus and soon. I don't like people holding uneccessary grudges against us.'

'True. But be careful.'


"Yugi?"

"Huh?" He looked at Jounouchi.

"Ya spaced out, pal. Something wrong?"

"No, just thinking about the tournament." Jounouchi smirked.

"Yeah. Exciting, isn't it?"

"Yeah." Kay got in the limo with Alex and Adelinda and drove off. Yugi forwned a bit. 'And a bit unnerving...I got Kaiba, Kay, and some crazed person after me...'

Seto walked by. "Well, Yugi, ready for Battle City?" he smirked at him.

"Uh, yeah. I am."

"Good, because I am taking back my title as King of Games." Seto walked away to his limo.

"Man, rich boy's dreaming. You're gonna beat him in no time, Yugi. And I'm gonna bury the remains after ya smoke him." Anzu sighed.

"Jounouchi, weren't you paying attention the other day? Yugi said don't rush into another duel with Kaiba."

"Yeah, yeah. First thing I'm doing is winning back my Red Eyes from that Hunter freak!"

"Say what?" Anzu and Honda asked.

"Don't you remember?" Yugi asked. "After Jounouchi and I got our duel disks, he was ambushed and forced to duel them and he lost."

"Yeah...but I'm gonna beat him and get my precious Red Eyes back!" Jounouchi punched the air. Everyone else sweatdropped.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


The sun rose and Kay washed up. She put on her jeans, blue tube top, white jacket, and boots. Then she puts her hair in a pull back, applied some make up, clipped on her blue choker, put the duel disk on her arm, ate a quick breakfast, then grabbed her deck and the clear card she had found in her duel disk.

Alex rang the doorbell and Kay answered it.

"you ready to go?" Alex asked. She was wearing a black trench coat, a tight red T-shirt, black jeans, and boots. Kay nodded.

"Yup." She locked the door behind her and they went to Clock Tower Square.

"Where's Adelinda?" Alex asked.

"She said she had a play date with a friend."

"OK." They got to Clock Tower Square and stood there, waiting for Seto to announce the beginning of the tournament.

They walked around aimlessly, awaiting the start.

"Greetings duelists! And welcome to Battle City."

"Huh? Where's that coming from?" Alex asked, looking around.

"Try up there." Kay pointed up and there was Kaiba Corp. blimp with a large monitor on it and Seto smirking evilly.

"It's time to put your dueling skills to the test. I hope none of you entered my tournament looking for friendly competition, because Battle City's gonna be an all-out war."

Kay smirked. "Sounds like my kind of game."

"Hell yeah." Alex grinned evilly.

"Before my Battle City tournament begins, I thought I should let you all know what you're in for in case you want to back out now." Kay clenched her fist.

"Bring it on, Egoman."

"Let's begin with my new duel disks. Everyone who I decided was good enough to enter recieved one. With it, you can duel anytime, anywhere."

"Thank you Captain Obvious!" Alex yelled. Kay sniggered.

"And, they contain a tracking chip that allows me to watch every move you make."

"Stalker much?" Alex mumbled.

"Tell me about it." seto put his deck in his duel disk.

"Next, let's talk about the most important tournament rule: the loser of each duel is required to fork over his rarest card to the winner." He held up his Blue Eyes White Dragon Card. "If you don't have the guts to risk losing your precious cards, then I suggest you forfeit now."

"In your dreams!" Kay said.

"And, anyone who's foolish enough can challenge me to a duel, because I'll also be competing in this tournament."

"Good, so I can crush you."

"But don't get your hopes up because I intend to win. And there's one duelist out there I can't wait to defeat."

"Bet it's Yugi...well I'm beating that pipsqueak first." Seto smirked again.

"And speaking of winning, only the eight best duelists will make it to the final round. And these finals will be held in a hidden location." Kay raised an eyebrow.

"Nice twist..."

"In order to find the finals, you'll need these locater cards." Seto held up a clear card, similar to the one Kay had.

"So that's what these are." She looked at hers. "I get it, it's a map. Collect all the pieces and you'll find the finals."

"You each recieved one with oyur duel disk but don't get too excited because one's not enough. You need six of them to make it to the tournament finals. Everytime you win a duel, you get a locater card from your losing opponent. When six cards are stacked together, they produce a map of Battle city and activate a global positioning satellite which will transmit the location to you."

"Man, he didn't spare any expense or detail, did he?" Alex asked.

"I'm wondering...aren't each of the locater cards different?"

"Yeah. Your point?"

"Well how do you know if you opponenet has a different card from you?"

(Yes, I think about this stuff)

"Uh...I don't know."

"But the tournament finals are a long time away and most of you will be eliminated way before that. Alright, everything I just said and more can be found in my tournament rule book. Just remember: only one player can win and claim the title of the number one duelist in the world."

"And boys, that'll be me."

"Yup."

"Now get ready duelists, let the tournament begin!"

Comments

Comments (12)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

TaisyXPegasus on January 4, 2008, 7:57:59 PM

TaisyXPegasus on
TaisyXPegasusGauldoth:Let the romance begin!

KionaKina on January 5, 2008, 3:02:53 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKina...sure, let's go with that!

YamiRevea on November 19, 2007, 3:56:54 AM

YamiRevea on
YamiReveaCool new characters!! ^^ YAY!

The tournament's finally starting!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!

KionaKina on November 19, 2007, 3:58:57 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaYES!

SnowKitty on August 25, 2007, 11:40:42 AM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyThis was a very neat chappie! I'm happy the tournament is finally starting!

KionaKina on August 25, 2007, 11:43:00 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaindeed it is. ^^

cutie88 on August 15, 2007, 10:42:27 AM

cutie88 on
cutie88Wow thats a great story^^

KionaKina on August 15, 2007, 10:48:13 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinathanks ^^

Moon_Princess on August 15, 2007, 6:01:13 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessYay! Alex-chan and Adelinda-chan are here now!! ^-^
Yesh! Let the tournament BEGIN! X3 *slaps hand against desk* O.O! Ow, ow, ow, ow! >.<;;

And of course you know what I'm gonna say next. *ahem* Update soon! ^-^ *wants to know what happens next*


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on August 15, 2007, 6:02:26 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaHey, that's my line! >.<

lol, jk.

animecrazyfan on August 15, 2007, 5:18:41 AM

animecrazyfan on
animecrazyfanLET IT BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nice chappie ^^
lookin forward for the next..
and yeah!
first comment ^^

KionaKina on August 15, 2007, 5:27:53 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaYAY SA-CHAN!!! ^^