Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Major Change in her Plans

Meet Kaya, an up and rising pokemon coordinator and good friend of Dawn. She goes her own way after leaving the gym battles and dreams of catching the legendary Celebi. As she goes along her journey, she meets new friends, old enemies, and more.

Chapter 1 - The Major Change in her Plans

Chapter 1 - The Major Change in her Plans
"Honey, I just can't understand why you're doing this so suddenly." A woman stood in the doorway of a blue and black bedroom, facing the back of a girl who looked about 13 and was knelt on the floor, packing her blue bag. The girl was thin and fairly short with long, honey blonde hair that had light streaks and bright green eyes.

She wore two black beads in her hair to keep her bangs in place over here ears, a black and purple hat, a long black tank top with a tight purple shirt under it, blue jeans, and black boots.

A Pichu and Cyndaquil stood next to the girl, looking up at her in confusion.

"You were so good in your gym battles and you have three badges! But then you come home and give up your Mightyena and Spheal to the professor and tell me you're quitting?!" the woman, obviously the girl's mother cried. "Kaya, would you mind telling me why you're doing this?"

Kaya sighed and turned around. "It's simple, mother. My Spheal and Mightyena didn't like all the battling. And I felt they would be happier with the professor."

"And why are you just dropping Gym battles altogether? You could have won the Sinnoh league!"

"I don't feel that's what I should be doing." She continued putting more stuff into her backpacl "If you really were my mom, you'd understand that."

"But you love battling! Ever since you were little."

"True, I did. And I still do. But gym battles didn't feel right. They felt too brutal. And so, I entered a pokemon contest."

"What? You mean like those ones on TV?" Kaya nodded.

"While I was traveling, I bumped into my old friend Dawn. She is traveling with these two guys names Ash and Brock. She said she was entering a pokemon contest, so I tried it."

"And?"

"I loved it."

"You did?" Kaya nodded.

"That's what I want to do, mom. I want to be the world's best coordinator! I want to meet pokemon and show off their beauty, not their power. It's still battling, but it's artistic and amazing, not just trying to knock out your foe." Her mother sighed.

"Well, I won't stop you. Admittedly, contests are nice. And I can watch you perform on TV." Kaya smiled and nodded then she zipped up her bag.

"Where's Silcoon?" Kaya asked. "We need to get going soon."

"In the living room on the couch." Kaya walked out of her bedroom, Cyndaquil and Pichu following her closely.

A bundle of white silk with eyes peering out laid on the couch. Kaya picked it up and pat it.

"Soon, Silky, you'll be a gorgeous Beautifly! Won't that be great?" Silky closed its eyes happily and moved a little to indicate its "yes." Kaya's mother disappeared into the kitchen, her Roserade following her. "Alright, Amber, Sunny, we have a long journey ahead of us, but no more gym battles. I'm going to train you for pokemon contests!"

Cyndaquil and Pichu looked confused. Kaya smiled.

"You'll see what I mean later." She pulled out three pokeballs. "Well, let's get going. Return." The flash of red light hit all three pokemon and they disappeared. Kay put the pokeballs on her belt.

"Kaya." Her mother handed her a small basket.

"what is it?" she asked.

"It's some food, money, and some books on survival and such I got for you. I never got to give it to you when you left on your last journey." Kaya smiled.

"Thanks, mom."

She attached the basket and her backpack to her bike and began pedaling.

"Be careful now, you hear? And don't forget to call me every once in a while." Kaya waved as she rode off.

"Don't worry mom. See you!" And she rode off. "So where to first?"

"And don't forget the upcoming pokemon contest in Jubilife city." Kaya stopped and stared at the TV where the MC of the contests, Marion, stood with a mic, smiling. "It will be a regular, single pokemon appeal contest. We hope to see you all there."

"Jubilife?" Kaya brightened. "That's right next door." She took off pedaling. "Alright, time to rock!"

Comments

Comments (10)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

PandaChan21 on January 1, 2008, 9:29:33 AM

PandaChan21 on
PandaChan21Good job. I still think Pokemon went down the tubes after season one, tho...

KionaKina on January 1, 2008, 9:32:03 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinablech, stick to your opinion.

Nah, kidding. Ummm...I dunno, I think there's way too many pokemon and some are kinda cheesy. I still like some of the show, but some episodes suck.

And the orange island...thing...yeah, that part of the show was retarded

KelekiahGaladrian on December 31, 2007, 4:41:34 AM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrianGreat first chapter! I can see great potential in this story. *nods*

Ravin: *pops outta nowhere* *whacks me* WILL YOU QUIT DOING THAT!?!?! *disappears suddenly*

>_< Stupid yami of mine.... I gotta find a way to get rid of her, but maintain my life.... GREAT CHAPTER THOUGH KAY-CHAN! ^^

KionaKina on December 31, 2007, 12:07:58 PM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaYAYZ!! ^_^

SnowKitty on December 31, 2007, 3:56:38 AM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyGood chappie!

KionaKina on December 31, 2007, 12:07:28 PM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaty

AlleyCat17 on December 30, 2007, 5:15:54 AM

AlleyCat17 on
AlleyCat17nice story so far Kay and great chapter but you do know that you got the same chapter up twice.

KionaKina on December 30, 2007, 5:31:19 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaI know, so I changed one to a character chapter

NamidaNara on December 30, 2007, 4:34:38 AM

NamidaNara on
NamidaNaraAwesome!!

KionaKina on December 30, 2007, 4:46:27 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaty