Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Round One: Pokemon Appeal

Meet Kaya, an up and rising pokemon coordinator and good friend of Dawn. She goes her own way after leaving the gym battles and dreams of catching the legendary Celebi. As she goes along her journey, she meets new friends, old enemies, and more.

Chapter 4 - Round One: Pokemon Appeal

Chapter 4 - Round One: Pokemon Appeal
Kaya stood in the waiting area for contest contestants. She wore her black suit with the velvet top hate, shiny black flats, a velvet black chockers with some diamonds studded in it. Her long hair was left down and she looked a little like a magician.

"Well, it's almost time."

"Kaya!" She turned and Dawn ran over to her, wearing a pink dress with bows on it, a black chocker with a pink bow on it, and her hair tied into a ponytail.

"Hi Dawn."

"You look nice." Kaya smiled.

"So do you."

"Thanks. Well, the day's finally here."

"I'll say."

"And don't think that I'm going easy on you just because we're old friends."

"I wouldn't have it any other way." Kaya smirked. "I lost last time, but this time I'm going to win!"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah!"

"Hey Dawn!" They turned to see a girl in a white suits with green pants and short red hair.

"Hi Zoey."

"Zoey?" Kaya asked, confused.

"Oh right. You two haven't met yet. Kaya, this is my friend, Zoey. Zoey, this is my old friend, Kaya."

"Nice to meet you, Kaya."

"Likewise."

"So, you're a coordinator too?"

"Mmm-hmm. See, I used to be a trainer and I battled at gyms, but then I entered a contest with Dawn and I knew that I liked it much better."

"Really? Well, I can't argue with that. Contests are great."

"Yeah!"

"So this is your second pokemon contest?"

"That it is."

"Well good luck." Dawn looked at Kaya.

"You see, Zoey is one of the top coordinators I know. Her Glameow is really pretty and her combos are amazing." Zoey blushed.

"Aw, c'mon Dawn. You're embarrassing me."

"C'mon, you know it's true."

"Well then, I hope for the honor of facing you in a contest battle, Zoey."

"Huh?"

"See, I like to face to best. Be it a contest battle, pokemon battle, gym battle, it doesn't matter. When I face the best, it makes it more rewarding if I win or if I lose."

"That's a good attitude to have."

"I like to learn and grow with each experience. And seeing the best of the best is what helps me."

"That's cool."

"Welcome trainers and coordinators!"

"Huh?" They looked at the screen to see a fmailair lady with curly red hair. "I'm your MC, Marion and welcome to this years' second Jubelife Coty contest!" The audience clapped.

Ash and Brock were sitting in the audience. Pikachu and Buneary were cheering, Pikachu waving fans and wearing a blue and white outfit, Buneary in a pink cheerleading outfit, waving pompoms.

"And now let me introduce our three judges. Mr. Contesta."

"Thank you, it's great to be here."

"Mr. Sukizo."

"Remarkable." (I really want to punch that guy everytime he says that...it's just annoying)

"And Jubelife's very own Nurse Joey!"

"I'm happy to be here." Nurse Joey smiled and Brock blushed, hearts in his eyes.

"She's even more ravishing then last time!" Ash blinked, not sure how to comment on this.

"Alright, now that we've met our judges, it's time to begin the contest! Our first round is the appeal round where our coordinators will come out with their pokemon and show off their beautiful attack combinations. Let's go!"

The audience cheered.

"Our first coordinator is Jessilina." Jesse ran out wearing an orange, frilly dress, round glasses, her long red hair in pigtails.

"Thank you, my adoring fans!" she laughed and waved. Kaya blinked.

"she sure seems confident. I remember her from my first contest."

"Yeah. She's really weird."

"Well that's really sweet of you, Dawn." She laughed and shrugged.

"Go, Sevipar!" Jessie threw a pokeball and Seviper popped out in a flurry of purple pedals. The audience oohed and awwed at the entrance. "Use poison sting."

Sevipar released a stream of poison sting that swirled in a cycle above the stage.

"Now use Poison Tail!" The sharp end of Sevipar's tail glowed purple. It hissed and leapt up, smacking the needles around, causing them to explode into purple fireworks. Everyone clapped.

"That was amazing. Such a unique display."

"Yes, remarkable." (*Punches him*)

"What a beautiful performance."

"Up next we have Zoey!"

"Glameow, curtain!" Zoey threw her pokeball up and Glameow appeared with stars around it. "Iron tail!" Glameow's curly tail glowed and it swung its tail around at the stars and they exploded around it in a golden dust that shone brightly.

"Wow."

"Well, Zoey's Glameow is as beautiful as ever." Ash nodded.

"And no doubt Zoey's trained it up even more since the last contest."

"Glameow, use shock wave!"

"Glam." Glameow released a powerful wave of electricity.

"Now, shadow claw!" Glameow leapt up into the air and slashed at the electricity with its claws, sending sparks everywhere. It posed in its landing. The sparks made its silver fur shine and gave Glameow a truly bautiful look of grace and elegance.

"Wow...Zoey only needed two attacks to make Glameow look so amazing."

"How does she do that?" Ash asked in shock.

"Wow, Dawn, you were right about Zoey. She's one top notch coordinator." Dawn nodded.

"Yup."

A few more coordinators performed, and then Dawn was called out.

"Go Piplup!" Piplup posed after popping out of its pokeball in a flurry of bubbles, letting them pop around it. "Now, Piplup, use Bubblebeam!"

Piplup unleased a stream of bubbles.

"Now, jump up and use peck." Piplup jumped up and seemed to dance to each bubble then landed gracefully as glitter landed around it. Everyone clapped and cheered.

"Wow, what a great performance!"

"simply remarkable!" (*Starts beating him up* STOP SAYING THAT! SAY SOMETHING ELSE!!!)

"That Piplup is just so cute."

"And now, for our final coordinator, please give it up for Kaya!"

Kaya ran onstage and grinned.

"Ok." She straightened her hat and threw her pokeball up in the air. "Sunny, curtian call!" Pichu popped out of its pokeball in a stunning electric display. "Iron tail!"

"Chu!" Sunny's little tail began to glow and it smacked the electricity, making it rain down in sparkles. Sunny landed and posed cutely.

"Now, use sweet kiss!" Pichu blew a kiss and three large, pink hearts floated aorund. "Zap cannon and then use thunder!" Pichu unleashed a powerful ball of electricity and shot down the three hearts into what looked like a confetti of many little thiny hearts. Then, its cheeks sparked and it unleashed a thunder attack, greating a stream of sparks that glowed and took the shape of a eight-point star. "Finally, finish it all with naother iron tail!"

Pichu's tail glowed again and it jumped up and smashed the star, creating a glittering firework that was blue, gold, and red. It landed and matched Kaya's pose.

The audience was in a complete uproar. They cheered so loud, it was almost to the point of screaming.

"I have never seen a Pichu perform attacks sso beautifully."

"It's not just remarkable, it's astounding."

"Yes! This Pichu's combos are completely unique. It's been raised well."

Kaya and Pichu bowed. Zoey and Dawn stared in amazement.

"Wow, for only performing in one contest, she's relaly good." Dawn nodded.

"Yeah. She must have been training really hard since I last saw her." Kaya walked back stage and sat with Sunny. She fed it a poffin and pats its head.

"You were amazing, Sunny."

"Pi pi chu!" She smiled.

"Kaya!" Dawn, Ash, and Brock ran up to her.

"Hey, you were great!"

"Thnaks guys. But its Sunny who deserves the praise. We had to train really hard just to time those moves like that."

"And it showed."

"Thanks Dawn. I tihnk we'll both make it to the ifnals. However, I have to say, Zoey was better."

"What makes you say that?"

"You can see her Glameow's skill and beauty. The audience may not have clapped as loud as they did for me, but it's not all about how the audience responds. My Pichu is cute, but Glameow is stunning. It pulls off moves with more elegance than my Pichu and its appearance is amazing."

"Wow, you really study tihngs that close?"

"Yeah. I read about contests and how they are judged. Honestly, Zoey has what it takes to win the Grand Festival."

"You think os?" Dawn asked in amazement. Kaya nodded.

"Mmm-hmm. She'll be one tough rival. Dawn, you're gonna have to train around the clock to raise up to her skill. You're good, but not up to her level yet. It's gonna take a lot of studying on various combos an dpokemon moves to learn how to display them."

"Yeah, I know what you mean." Dawn sighed. "It's tough, being a coordinator."

"Yes, but you'll make it."

"Think so?"

"Mmm-hmm. Just keep on working on it."

"Hey, no need to worry!" Kaya smiled.

"Ok, the results are in! Let's see who's going to make it to the final round."

...

Zoey, Kaya, Dawn, Jessilina, and four other people appeared on the screen. Kaya and Dawn beamed.

"We made it!"

"Congratulations to these eight coordinators! Now we have our contest round where coordinators pit their pokemon and try to show off their beauty as well as their moves while deducing their foe's points. Now let's get busy!"

Match-Ups

Zoey vs Dawn
Person vs Person
Person vs Person
Kaya vs. Jessilina

"I'm going against Zoey?" Dawn asked, gulping. "Oh boy."

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

AlleyCat17 on February 25, 2008, 9:02:03 AM

AlleyCat17 on
AlleyCat17wow the performances was all very awesome and very pretty too mainly yours,pichu's and know i really can't wait to see the fight part and you wins.so keep up the amazing work Kay.

KionaKina on February 25, 2008, 11:04:59 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKina*Bows* You flatter me greatly, Alley *Smiles*

KelekiahGaladrian on February 25, 2008, 6:19:22 AM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrianGreat job Kay-chan! The chapter was awesome! I loved how you described each of the pokemon's shows (at least the one's that were important) and I totally agree about the "remarkable" thing. That drives me insane.

KionaKina on February 25, 2008, 7:03:59 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaThank you! Are you, like, my twin seperated at birth or something? You agree with me on so many things.

I was watching that pokemon marathon yesturday and there were a couple of contests...I nearly threw a rock at my TV when that idiot popped onscreen.

KelekiahGaladrian on February 25, 2008, 7:07:39 AM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrianYou're welcome. ^^ I'm not entirely sure, but I guess it's possible....

I hate that guy. Besides the word, his voice just bugs me. Grr... I want to amputate the guys head so I won't have to listen to that annoying voice anymore....

KionaKina on February 25, 2008, 7:09:11 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinatotally. GET A NEW JUDGE!

I say kick him out and have, like, Officer Jenny judge or something. At least she's cool and her voice isn't annoying.

KelekiahGaladrian on February 25, 2008, 7:15:49 AM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrianI totally agree with you on that.

SnowKitty on February 24, 2008, 4:04:20 AM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyGood chappie, Kay-chan! I really enjoyed the performances, and I can't wait for the next chappie! ^^

KionaKina on February 24, 2008, 4:05:35 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinathank you Ki-Ki *Hugs*