Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - She joins

Four kunoichi rogue ninja try to remain free.

Chapter 1 - She joins

Chapter 1 - She joins
“ Enemy ninja sighted off the eastern gate!!” said a ninja in a black uniform with a gray vest over top. It was a long day for the Kunoichi Rogues. Their leader was a blonde woman with bright green eyes named Kiya she was from the Sand village. One of the members was a green-haired teen with silver eyes named Tora who was from the Waterfall village. The second is a red haired young woman with royal blue eyes named Tsuya hailing from the Mist village the one they just left. The last member is a short, black haired girl with hazel-brown eyes named Tereya she was from the Rain village. They specialize in different talents making the perfect squad if it wasn’t for their thirst for blood.
They quickly jumped into the water, making very little sound, as not to be followed. They traveled up the river a ways before getting out on the other side. They would have to travel at high speeds for several hours to be sure that the Mist Anbu were finally off their trail.
“She better be worth it!” thought Kiya as they ran through the shadows of the tall leafy trees. It had been over a month since the last time they had slept in soft beds and had a decent meal. Now because of the tall red head it would be at least a couple of more days of sleeping on the hard rock riddled ground eating meals thrown together with the very little food supplies they had left.
Finally, after several hours of running they came across a clearing that had a small pool fed by a waterfall. It was surrounded by tall trees that rested close together.
“We will stop here for a while.” stated Kiya. Tora and Tereya both nod as they begin to set their stuff down preparing for the night. The three work well together having been a team for a few years now. Tsuya on the other hand looked around helpless not sure what to or if she should help anyone. Kiya’s eyes narrowed as she looked at their newest squad member.
“Are you now having second thoughts about joining us? You do realize it is just a little bit to late for that, right?” she asked as Tsuya began to panic. Tora and Tereya began to smirk at Tsuya’s obvious discomfort.
“It is because of you that we are here in this clearing instead of a nice warm hotel room. Don’t not make me regret you more than I already am.” Kiya stated calmly. “Get some firewood!” Tsuya stood frozen she had been so desperate to leave the Mist village and join this small band of women that she hadn’t even thought that maybe they didn’t want her around. “NOW!” Kiya exclaimed. Kiya knew she could be intimidating but this girl was getting on her nerves very quickly.
Tora began to chuckle and grinned at Kiya “You know you can be a real dog at times!” Kiya smirked at the green-haired girl “That is what they say. But….I wouldn’t be who I am if I wasn’t!” The three girls began to laugh as they unpacked the supplies they would need for the evening knowing that had anyone else made that comment to Kiya they would be laying in the dirt with at the very least their throats slit.
“I am going to take a bath.” Kiya said as she began to strip and wade into the pool of cool clear water. “Tereya you are on watch for now.”
“Yes Kiya.” Tereya answered as she began patrolling the forest around them. Tora began to lay out her blankets and get her bathing supplies ready. They would take turns. They always did with everything.

Kiya finished her bathing and walked back over to where the logs for the fire had been laid. She stacked a few pieces of wood up and did a few hands seals. She then lit the fire quickly. Kiya sat in front of it letting it warm her a little.
“Tsuya relieve Tereya so she can begin dinner.” Kiya orders the red-headed girl with a glare.
“Hai Kiya!” She responds getting up and heading to Tereya’s spot. Tereya looks back and nods as Tsuya told her what Kiya had said. Tereya begins cooking their dinner as she waits for her turn in the small pool of water.
As the wonderful aroma of dinner begins to waft into the clearing Tora came out with a growling stomach. She reaches for the food and gets her hand slapped with a wooden spoon. “It’s not done yet!” Tereya says angrily. “Why do we have to go through this every time?” she asks a bit irritated.
Tora just looks sheepishly at her and rubs the back of her hand. “Your turn…” Tora says pointing her thumb behind her at the water. Tereya nods grabbing her stuff. “Stay out of the food!” she then says and storms away.
Kiya laughs at the two. “A little advice for you…” she begins. “Since you can’t use or dispel gen-jutsu. I don’t advise making her very mad.” she says as she watches Tora’s hand first go to the food and snap back.
“You don’t think she would? Would she?” Tora asks glancing over her shoulder.
Kiya shrugs “I sure wouldn’t want to find out…” she laughs and Tora shivers and sits down waiting until Tereya says it’s time to eat.
Tereya quickly goes about her bath as the dinner simmered over the fire. Tsuya continued to keep watch as the night began to invade their little clearing. Tereya gets out and heads back to the pair as she checks the food and begins to dish out there meal.
Tsuya’s stomach growled as she smelt the delicious aroma of the food though she didn’t dare say a word. Instead she waited for them.
The three sat and ate for a few moments in silence then Kiya grinned at Tereya. “You make even the worst fair taste delicious…” she says taking another bite. Tora nodded vigorously in agreement as she continued to stuff the wonderful fare into her mouth. As Tereya finished her meal she scooped another bowl and with Kiya’s nod takes it to Tsyua.
“Thank you…” Tsuya says giving her a grateful smile as she begins to eat her meal still keeping her eyes searching the forest. Tereya walks back to the others grabbing their dishes and taking them to the stream she washes them quickly as the other two sit back and relax. She quickly returns putting the stuff away as Kiya sighs.
“We weren’t able to replenish our supplies were we?” Kiya asks her.
“No…unfortunately we had to move on before we could….” Tereya says with a sigh as Tora listens.
“How close are we to another village?” she asks her pulling a map from her pack and looking at it as Tereya leans over to asses the map also. She uses a finger to trace a path on the map then thinks for a moment.
“About a four hour run in….that direction.” Tereya says pointing in a northwestern direction then placing her finger on the map of the town.
Kiya continues to look at the map then gets a slight grin. “Hhhmm…then that only puts us about a day from Konoha…”
Tereya and Tora’s eyes get big catching the implication of her words. “You can’t be serious…” Tereya says looking at her as Tora breaks out in a grin.
“Oh come on Tereya!” she says “It will be fun!”
Kiya chuckles lightly and nods. “We will stay a day at this little village then move on to Konoha. I have always wanted to test the shinobi of that renowned village.” she says folding up the map and placing back into her pack. “Tsuya you get the first watch. Tereya your second and Tora third. I will take the last. Now let’s get some sleep….” Kiya says giving out the watch orders and stretching out on her cloak.
The four Kunoichi then grow quiet as the fire dies. Lost in their own thoughts smiles can be seen on two of them and worried frowns on the other pair.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

hflp on October 22, 2008, 12:17:43 PM

hflp on
hflpOhh boy. I do not want to even imagine what these women have instore for the leaf.