Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - The Fortune Flower

Ennaka was the newbie in Konoha, and a very mysreious one at that. She lost one of her greatest childhood friendships that haunts her to this day and she's is determined to get it back- even if it kills her.

Chapter 12 - The Fortune Flower

Chapter 12 - The Fortune Flower

    "Well?" Kouba asked again.

   Ennaka gulped in the air. After the flower closed up, she felt as if someone knocked the wind outta her. "I- I..." she stuttered.

  "Lets make the question easier. When the flower opened, what did you feel?" Kouba cocked his head.

 "I felt... happy..." she said staring down at her hands, "better than I ever did in my life."

 "Hmm.. I see. What about when the flower began to die? what did you feel then?" Kouba got up out of his chair and wobbled to a book shelf. He reached up and grabbed a thick old book with pages yellowed with age.

 "I felt all of my feelings dry away and they were replaced with sadness and loneliness." She closed her eyes remebering what Neji said. "You will always be alone..."

  "Interesting..." Kouba flipped through the crusty pages, "And when it came back to life?"

 "Hope. I felt hope." Ennaka opened her eyes to look at the little man. he was very intent on the book.

 "I see... well, here's what this wa all about. I just read your fortune and future."

 "You read my fortune?" She asked confused. Why did he read her fortune?

 "The feelings you had where effects of the flower's aroma. It made you feel different things when it changed color. The choosing of the bottle was for the liquid inside of it. If you had picked a color that wasn't your favorite, the aroma wouldn't effect you. The liquid releases the scent and makes you react to them."

 "o...kay..." Ennaka didn't understand much of it, but whatever.

"Your fortune... You will meet someone of great importance to you. And heartache will you get when you meet. But fear not, all will become well in the end."

  What kind of fortune was that?! Ennaka thought. Someone of great importance? Heartache? All well?! Since when had her life been well?! While she thought of these confusing words, a knock rang through the room.

"Hey, *knock knock* Gramps, *knock* Are you home?" Ennaka's ears tingled with alarm. She knew that voice...

"Coming, coming!" Kouba grabbed his cane and shuffeled to the door and opened it. "Ah, Kemmie, you're early. Weren't you training your studnet?"

 Kemuri loked over kouba's shoulder to see her.

 Crap, he sees me! Ennaka thought misreably.

"Ennaka, weren't you supposed to be delivering mail...?" Kemuri asked cocking his head, "And why are you here with my grandpa?"

   Kouba turned his head to ennaka, "Oh? Is this your student? I found her delivering my mail, but she looked a little sick so I brought her here to make sure she was okay.

  Kemuri looked down at his grampa, "Really? Tch, you and plants. How can you stand those things..." Kemuri walked past kouba and bent down next to Ennaka.

 "Heh, heh. Hi Pyro- sensei..." Ennaka waited for a long lecture but heard none. Kemuri put his hand to her forehead.

"Hmm... You are a little warm. Did you eat something last night?"

 "Yes, Ramen." she said, "Luckily Naruto didn't eat it first." Ennaka added. she and naruto were competitive over ramen... It was of course, the best noodle ever!

 "Ah, yes, ramen. Well. maybe you need a day off. I guess you'll have to resume your mission tommorow."

 'No! it's okay, I'm fine, really!" Ennaka said grabbing the heavy mail bag.

  Kemuri raised and eyebrow. "you sure? I don't want you passing out in the middle of the road."

" I'm fine." She said confidently rising to her feet, "But I would like some water before I go."

'W- w- w.... Water?" Kemuri's eyes got round with fear. "get it away from me... now..."

 Kouba sighed, "there he goes again... Kemuri, I think there's a little fire outside. why not look at it." Kouba laughed hoarsly.

"OKAY!" Kemuri ran out the door.

   Ennaka smirked. He fell for anything.

" You wanted water? I'll be right back." Kouba fetched her a glass a water which she finished quickly. Now that she was refreshed, Ennaka thanked kouba graciously and ran out the door with the mail bag thudding against her back.

   Kouba stood outside waving good bye as she dashed out into the road of busy people.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

rainbowfox16 on September 25, 2007, 10:14:39 AM

rainbowfox16 on
rainbowfox16AWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!! SO COOL!! I LOVE PYRO SENSEI!! Ennaka ain't to bad either.

Lanayru on September 26, 2007, 6:08:43 AM

Lanayru on
LanayruHoly crap, thats alot of caps!! O.o
Lol, ty, I luv Pyro sensei too. ^^