Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 18 - Night with Strangers or Old Firends?

Ennaka was the newbie in Konoha, and a very mysreious one at that. She lost one of her greatest childhood friendships that haunts her to this day and she's is determined to get it back- even if it kills her.

Chapter 18 - Night with Strangers or Old Firends?

Chapter 18 - Night with Strangers or Old Firends?

        Ennaka fluttered her eyes opened. The moon shown bright in the sky with the diamond stars dancing around it. Slowly, she sat up. A small fire was in front of her with Kemuri sitting beside it feeding it a stick.

 "So you finally woke up." He commented without looking at her.

 "My head... It's buzzing.." She said grabbing her forehead.

   Kemuri grinned shortly and resumed to watch the fire. They sat in silence listening to the chirping of crickets as the night dragged on. She didn't mind it. She loved the quiet and darkness. It was where she was raised. Ennaka hugged her knees and rested her chin on top. ugh, my head hurts so much... What happened? There was rain, and a blow to the head. I can't concentrate like this! She moaned as the pain throbbed her head.

  "It's what you get for screaming again..." Kemuri whispered.

 "Huh?"

 "You screamed, I shut you up. End of conversation." Kemuri got up and laid down on the grass. "I'm going to sleep. wake me at dawn."

       Ennaka nodded and looked up at the stars trying to find pictures. But soon, she tired of it and decided to practice some stuff. Getting to her feet, Ennaka  walked a few yards away from the camp site careful not to wake Kemuri. As quiet as possilbe, she began to perform the dancing techniques Kemuri had taught her. Shuffling her feet, Ennaka slid herself around the feild of wild grass. Soon, she decided to try to do it on her hands. Slowly, she got to the handstand postition and walked shakily around. After much falling and bruises, Ennaka began to move more gracefully and not so shaky. She was able to walk a few yards slowly without falling flat on her face.  After she scored her goal of walking to the campfire and back without falling, Ennaka tried to go faster. That... Didn't go well. All she got was a face full of dirt and grass.

  "You were doing quite well." Ennaka turned to see Kemuri watching her. The color rushed up to her face. Dancing was so embarrasing.

  "So you're awake." She said softly.

 "Yeah," He said yawning, " The fire was so beautiful, I couldn't fall asleep."

  Ennaka rolled her eyes, "Well, since you're not sleeping, and I'm not tired... Why not work with training?"

 "I'd thought you'd never ask!" Kemuri exclaimed, "I want you to tell me about those pointy thingies."

 "I guess so..." Ennaka hesitantly said, "I call those 'pointy thingies' jabbers. There are two on each katana with a difeerent color string. Red, green, blue and orange. I color-coat them to remind me which one it is. For example: My red one is a normal jabber that I channel my chakra through to extend the string however long it goes. Red goes four feet. The green one is an extention string. it's the longest of them at seven feet. The blue one is coated with poisen, and the orange one absorbs a small amount of chakra when it hits an opponent. And it's the shortest of the bunch." Ennaka explained, " I control how many I want out and where they hit. So if my opponant is a long-range type @$$, I'll use these suckers to keep them at bay. While I use the swords for close-range asses."

 "Clever. Where did you get them?" Kemuri asked.

" I made them from a broken mini shuriken." Ennaka said messing with her nails.

      Suddenly, a rustle of leaves caught their attention. They turned towards a near-by bush.

"Come out. We know you're there." Kemuri said standing up. Ennaka gripped the hilt of her sword. 

   "Well, I guess my hiding skills our a little rusty. Kemmie, is that you? Man, It's been a while! What's up!!?!" A yound man about Kemuri's age steped out of the bush. He had long turquise hair and brown eyes. He wore a dark navy blue jumpsuit with a white sash overlaping his shoulders and waist.

   "Kaiyou..? Is that you?" Kemuri squinted into the night. Ennaka looked back and forth between the man and Kemuri.

 "Yes! It's been so long! Tetsu, come on out!" Kaiyou called. A boy with bright blonde hair stepped out of the shadows. He wore baggy brown pants with white hoodie. one of his hands was wrapped in stained linen. he wore black sandals as well. Ennaka shuffled her feet. She didn't feel comfortable with these new people.

 "My old teammate... It's been so long." Kemuri said grasping Kaiyou's arm.

 "Kemuri, this is my student Tetsu. Tetsu, this is my friend Kemuri. We've known each other forever." Tetsu shook Kemuri's hand, "And who's this?" Kaiyou looked at Ennaka.

 "Ah, this is my new student. Ennaka. Ennaka, come here!" Kemuri called. Ennaka walked next to Kemuri, "This is my old friend Kaiyou. The Water Mainiac." 

 "Oh great, now we have a Pyro and a Water Mainiac... What next." She said.

 "HEY!" Kemuri flared up, " I'm a Pyro and proud of it! Fire rules!"

 "Ah, but what happens when water comes along. Your fire doesn't 'rule' then." Kaiyou smirked. The two bickered like this leaving Tetsu and Ennaka to deal with them.  They stared at them for a while until:

   "I'm getting tired of this." Ennaka got out her katana and whacked Kemuri upside the head with the hilt. Kemuri did a facefall to the ground.

 "Ow."

 Tetsu tried to stiffled a laugh as Kemuri was taken out by his student. "Meh, that ussually knocks him back to his senses... But I think I hit him a little to hard this time..." She said kneeling by Kemuri, "Who votes to leave him here?" She asked looking at Kaiyou and Tetsu.

 "Heh, sorry, but I can't leave my buddy behind." Kaiyou stated.

 "Aw, man." Ennaka moaned.

 "Nice." Tetsu said laughing.

 

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

cashmoneyUknowit on November 5, 2007, 6:55:56 AM

cashmoneyUknowit on
cashmoneyUknowitlol

rainbowfox16 on October 2, 2007, 10:06:47 AM

rainbowfox16 on
rainbowfox16NOOOOO!! PYRO SENSEI!!! Ennaka, that was mean...pouts*

Lanayru on October 2, 2007, 8:15:45 PM

Lanayru on
Lanayrulol, what else is she supposed to do? throw a bucket of water at him? Now that is mean. knocking him out is a much better way to go.XD

rainbowfox16 on October 6, 2007, 1:35:24 AM

rainbowfox16 on
rainbowfox16*pouts* Could have just used a Paralyzation Jutsu on him..Didn't have to hit him...

Lanayru on October 8, 2007, 7:18:19 AM

Lanayru on
LanayruNah, that's to boring. Knocking him out is much better.^^

inoyamanakarox on September 29, 2007, 11:48:04 AM

inoyamanakarox on
inoyamanakaroxwow

Lanayru on September 29, 2007, 11:53:29 AM

Lanayru on
LanayruTetsu is so kewl