Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 32 - GAARA!

Ennaka was the newbie in Konoha, and a very mysreious one at that. She lost one of her greatest childhood friendships that haunts her to this day and she's is determined to get it back- even if it kills her.

Chapter 32 - GAARA!

Chapter 32 - GAARA!

     Kankuro had gradded the kid that ran into him. which turned out to be Konohomaru by his scarf and pulled him to eye level. Ennaka watched with mischief twinkling in her eyes.

"What are you so happy about?" Sasuke asked looking up at her.

"Oh, nothing..." She replied swinging her legs around as she sat on the branch above him.

"Put him down!" naruto said charging at Kankuro. Kankuro waved his fingers around and "magicly'' made Naruto trip. "Ow."

 Sakura yelled at him for his clumsiness and told the foregner, "I'm sorry, the whole thing was my fault. We were just messing around." She tried to apologize. He ignored the comment and tightened his grip on Konohamaru.

"Put him down, Kankuro! We don't have time for this! What if he comes!" A female voice scolded from behind him. A girl with a large folded fan tied to her belt walked from behind Kankuro. She had blonde hair tied in four spiky buns behind her head.

"He isn't coming for a while. lets mess with these punks." He replied as Konhamaru began to try and kick his captor.

"Let me go! That hurts!" He cried.

"Fine, but i'm not involved in any of this... okay?" The older girl sniffed.

"Yeah, whatever Temari."

    Ennaka watched ready to stop the action. She knew Kankuro was scared to death of her.

Did your father not tell you that I was here? She contacted his mind.

Kankuro face twisted with confusement. He was just about to punch the little squirt until that voice inturrupted him.

Ha! The look on your face is priceless. But then again, we haven't seen each otehr in a while... Now have we? she hissed.

  Kankuro loosened his grip on the little boy. W-what? Suddenly, Sasuke threw a rock from his hiding place at Kankuro's hand. It hit it's target perfectly making Kankuro drop his victim. "Hey! Who did that?!" he exclaimed.

"Why don't you just move along so there isn't any trouble. Go home." Sasuke said revealing his hiding spot. He tossed another rock in his hand then grabbed it and crushed it to dust.

   Ennaka rolled her eyes. He was playing hero right when she was about to save the day. Naruto seem agitated too that he couldn't stop the guy.

"Gah! another twurp I have to deal with! I'll get rid of you first!" Kankuro exclaimed forgeting the voice that had been talking inside his head. He unslung the "mummy" like figure on his back.

"Are you really using Karusu for this!?" Temari cried, "Stop it already!"

"Shut up!" He replied.

"Kankuro... That's enough." A new voice said. All birds seemed to stop chirping and all life seemed to have went mute. Ennaka's stomach clutched and turned. Sasuke, looked a little shocked. The new arrival was right behind him on the next branch over and didn't even make a sound!

 Kankuro called off his thingie and gasped, "Oh, uh... hey..." He hesitantly said, "It's not my fault! They picked a fight with us fist and-"

"Shut up! Or I'll kill you..." The voice hissed. It seemed to carry the scent of blood and death. Ennaka swung upside down so that she was dangling next to sasuke's head, "I'm going to see our new guest." she told him. He nodded as she disapperead to the branch over.

   Ennaka stealthily crept over to the branch and she saw the black sandals on the bottom of the branch clinging to it with invisable chakra. She looked down hesitantly knowing just who was down below her.

"I-I'm sorry Gaara... I was totally out of line..."

    Ennaka's head whirled. And many emotions overwhelmed her. Sadness, joy, fright, happiness, anger. It drove through her body making her mind jump around in her skull. She felt her nails rake across the bark and her teeth gritted. Her memories flew back and suddenly, she rembered... She knew what he looked like!

  "I said shut up!" Gaara repeated. Kankuro and Temari went mute. Ennaka resisted the urge to shout out his name and look directly into his face. Gaara disappeared in a whirlwind of sand and appeared seconds later by their sides. "Lets go. I'm sorry for the trouble he caused." Gaara said turning to Sasuke who had decided to land. Ennaka sat in the tree too shocked to move. As they began to walk away, Sasuke asked the feared question.

 "What are your names?"

 Temari spun around with a grin, "You mean me?"

Sasuke scowled, "The one with the gourd on his back."

    Gaara turned around, "My name is Gaara... Of the Desert. I'm curious about you too. Who are you?" he asked in a monotone voice. It sent a chill down her spine. And Ennaka's head buzzed once more with confusement as her vision pulsed and blurred everything out.

"My name is Sasuke Uchiha." Sasuke replied calmly.

   Naruto bounded over to his teammate, "I bet you're dying to know my name, right!?" He asked energeticly.

"... I couldn't care less." The boy with the blood red hair said before walking off with the rest of the Sand Village ninja. Ennaka shook her head and decided to persue. She jumped to the next tree and waited for the three people to get out of sight of naruto Sakura and Sasuke.

    When they had passed that stage, Ennaka leaped down in front of them. Kankuro moaned, "Ugh! Not another one!"

"I wouldn't be talking doll boy!" Ennaka retored. Temari cocked her head with amusement and Gaara remained hidden behind the two.

   Kankuro seemed taken aback by the comment. Ennaka let out a sigh with her hands trembling, " I'm intrested in you at the moment. I'm here to see... Gaara." she gulped with sweat sliding down her forehead. Kankuro and Temari stepped aside as Gaara walked past them.

    He looked so much different from the last time she saw him. His jade eyes ringed with black stared unblinkingly through her. The huge gourd on his back that held untold amounts of sand was wrapped in a white sash that curved around his body at his shoulder and waist. And the black jump suit with a fish net shirt consisted the rest of his garments. But what interested her and scared her the most... Was the kanji above his left eye. Ennaka resisted the urge to gasp as she read it to herslef. It said 'love' or 'ai'. And at that point, she knew what had happened to him.

"oh-no..." She breathed and mustered up her courage, "Gaara, it's been a pretty long time. Do you remember me?" She asked feeling her hands shaking. Gaara remained silent.

   Unintentionally, she sent a "mind invatation" to him. and he responded with a cruel remark.

"You didn't come back."

I'm sorry! I-I was... She pleaded.

"Too scared, right?" Gaara asked hissing the words.

No! Well, sort of- I mean-

"Stop it. I was shown the truth the day after you left. Don't bother."

But Gaara... I had unfinished buisness. I told you that! I had to kill Leader! But I must train first!

"Shut up. You're only hurting yourself." Gaara said leaving her mind.

    Ennaka's stomach lurched. She opened her eyes to see Temari and Kankuro watching them.

"Is that really Nakki?" Temari asked.

"I really think it's her..." Kankuro replied. Gaara opened his eyes and walked up to her. Ennaka froze feeling his breath on her face. He raised his hand and a thud sounded behind her head and blackness took over her body.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment