Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 34 - Flaw in the Plans

Ennaka was the newbie in Konoha, and a very mysreious one at that. She lost one of her greatest childhood friendships that haunts her to this day and she's is determined to get it back- even if it kills her.

Chapter 34 - Flaw in the Plans

Chapter 34 - Flaw in the Plans

    Kemuri watched the other sensei's pledge or reject their genin to the Hokage. He felt his sweat roll down his cheek in shiny pearls. When it finally was his turn, he stepped up and took in a breath.

 "I'm the Jounin of team thirteen. My team is, Ennaka Ahichu, Gyoumaru Kyougi , and Tetsu Kyougi. And now I, Kemuri Kaen, recomend all three of these Genin." He gulped ready for the feared question.

 Sachorobi looked up from his paper confused, "Kemuri, The Kyougi Twins are Kaiyou's." The Hokage said, "How'd you get your hands on them?"

 Kemuri sighed and replied, "While I was on my latest mission, I ran into the twins who had gotten seperated from Kaiyou. We waited for a long time unil we couldn't postpone any longer. I took them in. And I fear Kaiyou might be... Dead." The pyro lied. Multiple gasps were heard from the people around him. But Kakashi Hatake just looked over to him rasping his nails in 'moors code' on a kunai. Kemuri got the messege: Meet me outside after this is over. Kemuri nodded briefly.

"Dead?!"

"That can't be!"

"Now there's only one Elemental left!" The Jounins discussed the matter amongst themselves creating a wave of murmurs.

"Enough!" Sachorobi said, "We'll discuss Kaiyou's disappearance before the Final Rounds of the Chunin Exams. For now, consentrate on your students." The Third nodded to Kemuri, "I will let you take the twins for now."

   Kemuri let out a sigh of relief. At least he wouldn't have to worry about it for a while. And hopefully Kaiyou would return by then. The Hokage dismissed them and Kakashi waited outside for him.

"What is it?" Kemuri asked.

"It's about Ennaka." kakashi said folding his arms, "She's haunting me."

"Pardon?" Kemuri was confused. Haunting? Huh, what?!

"Her brother. You know him?" Kakashi asked avoiding eye contact.

"... Oh." Kemuri and Kakashi stood there for a while in silence.

"And I guess you know then." the copy ninja broke the silence.

"That she's an Uchiha? Yeah... It wasn't that hard. I mean, it's spelled backwards for God's sake!"

"You know that Itachi didn't kill them all then. He left out her... And for one particular reason." Kakashi looked into the distance. Kemuri cocked his head. "He wanted her eyes... For Akatsuki."

"Akatsuki..." Kemuri repeated, "She could have vital information that concerns them..."

"Don't try." Kakashi said, "She's really confused and scared right now. The one word that no one can say in her presence that Iruka was talking about... She found the person with the name. Gaara is here for the exams. I fear that she might be distracted by his presence instead of working with the twins."

"Looks who's talking. You got Sakura trailing after Sasuke."  Kemuri retorted.

"But they're on the same team. You do know that Gaara's a Jinjurriki. And he has a lust to kill. If Ennaka gets too close, he might just decide to kill her. No one can tame that killer." kakashi looked at Kemuri's eyes. He did not respond. He just looked at his feet.

"What do you suggest I do?" The distressed sensei asked.

"Absolutly nothing." Kakashi replied leaving him there.

*   *   *

  Ennaka looked at the open window of the hospital. She was such a bad girl.. sneaking out of the hospital... Ennaka ran out of sight amongst the crowds of people looking around desprately for Gaara. She didn't care if he beat the crap outta her. She wanted to be forgiven, she wanted the old Gaara back. Ennaka cringed as her ribs began to protest her movements. But she kept going despite the pain. Eventually she endded up at the place the Sand ninja were staying. Gasping for breath, Ennaka knocked on the door fearing that Gaara would answer.

"I got it." Temari's voice was heard as footsteps reached the door with a click of the handle. She opened the door, "E-En-nnaka? Nakki?! What are you doing here?!" Temari schreeched a whisper, "Gaara will kill you if he see's you here!"

"Yeah, yeah. I don't really care right now. I just want to pay a visit to my foster family. Is that wong in any way?" Ennaka asked.

"Of course not... Uh, come in I guess.." Temari stood clear of the doorway as Ennak walked in.

"Who is it?" Kanakuro asked from the top of a stair case.

"Your worst nightmare." Ennaka replied popping her head in his view. He moaned in protest.

"Shhh!! Gaara's meditating! Do you want your head cleaved off?!" Temari scolded softly. Ennaka grunted her approval and Kankuro made his way down the stairs.

"Why did you come here? Gaara just whooped your @$$!" Kankuro asked softly.

"Because, I still consider Gaara my friend even if he doesn't view me in the same air... And I still see that you wear makeup and play with dolls." Ennaka remarked.

"Dolls?! Their puppets!" Kankuro roared a bit too loudly. Noise was heard frm the top of the steps and a screen door opened. Temari gasped softly as a black sandal led by a matching one slowly appeared from the room. They froze as Gaara came down the stairs. Ennaka held her breath as he caught sight of her. Gaara stood in front of the three for a minute; staring them down. It seemed an eternity before he pushed his way past them and made his way to the kitchen. Ennaka let out her breath raggedly. That was way too close for confort! The siblings of the monster let out sighs as well.

"Okay, i'm going by Baki just in case Gaara decides he wants me for lunch!" Temari rushed up the stairs with Ennaka behind her.

"Me too." She agreed. Kankuro nodded as he looked back at his younger brother before following them.

"Hey, Baki." Ennaka said as she approached the man. (baki is hard to describe, so just look him up somewhere if you don't know what he looks like)

"Who is this?" He asked Temari.

"Take a wild guess." Kankuro said as he came to join them.

        Baki peered at Ennaka for a while. She stood erect as he inspected her. "Wait... remove the hair in your face." Ennaka obeyed pulling he hair back. Baki smirked and clasped her arm as she smiled as well. "So you've been here all this time! It's been so long... And I guess you saw Gaara, right?" Ennaka's expression went from happy to sad as she recalled their 'reunion.'  "I see you saw what became of him... I think he thinks you abodoned him... And I don't blame you for doing so!"

 Ennaka raised he head, "I didn't run away from him! I ran away from Akatsuki!" She said sternly. Baki's face twisted into a glare.

"Akatsuki... I see... Enough talk about Gaara, tell me; are you coming back to the Sand?" Baki asked. Ennaka's eyes darted from one way to the other looking at her peers.

"I don't know. I'm very content with living here, really. I just got settled...."

   Baki's eyes flashed into anger, but it lasted so shortly, Ennaka wondered if she really saw it, "I can give you a tour if you'd like. Konoha's an interseting place. It's where I was born if you didn't know." Ennaka suggested.

"You can take the team. I have to do dome file work to regester these guys in the Exams." Baki replied patting her shoulder. "Feel free to go wherever." He said adressing Kankuro and Temari. "And most inportantly... Do not let Gaara out your sight."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment