Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 43 - Gaara's Cruel Strength

Ennaka was the newbie in Konoha, and a very mysreious one at that. She lost one of her greatest childhood friendships that haunts her to this day and she's is determined to get it back- even if it kills her.

Chapter 43 - Gaara's Cruel Strength

Chapter 43 - Gaara's Cruel Strength

        Ennaka swung her legs over the branch and hung upside down. Watching it upside down seemed to relax her. And, she could hear the conversation below even better. But before she started paying attention to it, she noticed Kiba's jacket quivering like a leaf. Akamaru squirmed and whined slighly and quietly. His body shook from head to tail with his face buried in Kiba's chest. Kiba kept trying to confort the puppy, but his efforts failed. Ignoring Akamaru for a minute, Ennaka concentrated on Gaara. 

   His siblings smirked behind him, and the rain ninja looked uneasy with the sand ninja's overconfidence. Shikurahe advanced and threw six parasols into the air. Gaara stood motionless with the cork on his gourd shaking violently. Shikurahe tried to look relaxed, But Ennaka could feel waves of fear emminating off of him. The waves traveled through her eye sending signals to her brain. Almost like when your eyes send pictures to it. Sometimes, birth defects weren't bad. They gave her new abilities. Anyway, Ennaka knew that this is how it should be. Rain should quiver and fear the Sand... Sand was her home, Gaara was her friend, like a brother. And same with Kankuro, except more annoying. And Temari was like an older sister to her. She felt them as her family, maybe not in the same way for Sasuke, but family non the less.

"Take this! One thousand needles!" Shikurahe shouted. senbons poured from the sky from the umbrellas. Ennaka swung upward so she was right side up. If senbons were going to hit her, she didn't want to be upside down. Foretuneatly, none struck her or Hinata, Kiba and Shino. Ennaka gazed up at Gaara smiling. This was it, she could just taste the blood... When she looked ahead, sand was wrapped like a caccoon around Gaara. Needles stuck out of the sand's surface, and not a scratch was on Gaara. The Sand Master remained expressionless and replied, "You made it rain needles? I have an idea, lets make it rain blood instead!" He hissed. The rain ninja twisted his face in shock and frustration.

"Gaara's sand acts on it's own. He doesn't even have to say anything and it will protect him." Kankuro explianed, "You don't have a chance against Gaara." Temari nodded in agreement. Ennaka wanted to shout out and tell Gaara to kill them all, but if she did, he would just probably kill her too. Ennaka decided it was best just to stay silent.

"Sand Burial!" He said stretching out his open hand. The sand squirmed over to the rain ninja and crawled up his legs. Shikurahe struggled but it was to no avail, the sand wrapped around his body inprisoning him in a sandy cacoon. Ennaka decided to get a better veiw from down below. She silently crept down the tree and sat next to Shino. They didn't notice her presence, awestruck by Gaara. (As they should be!!!) Ennaka sighed and said, "Amazing, isn't he?" The trio jumped and turned their heads in her dircection.

"When the hell did you get here?!" Kiba asked softly.

"Oh, I've been sitting up in that tree this whole time watching. But this is a better veiw." Ennaka said pulling her knees to her chin, "Wow, Gaara's been kickin' @$$ and taken names!" She commented. Shino peered at her nervously. Hinata put her hand to her chest with a scared expression.

"H-he's not going to h-h-hurt us, is he?" Hinata whispered.

"If you jumped out now, he probably would kill you." Ennaka warned, "So stay quiet."

"I could just cover your big fat mouth and you'd be dead, but that ould be too boring..." Gaara explained. He lifted his arm a few inches. Shikurahe's sand prison rose off the ground into the sky, "Sand Coffin!" Gaara exclaimed and closed his hand into a fist. The sand constricted the rain ninja's body and BAM! There was a blur, and blood splattered all over the place. Gaara held one of Shikurahe's parosols to proctect him from the down pour of red liquid. "There was no pain. The jolt was so fast he wouldn't have felt it." Gaara assured the blood stained comrads of Shikurahe. He threw down the umbrella, "But it's not enough for me..." The sand squirmed to life again and began to pile itself on the other tow ninja's who had pleaded to take their scroll and leave. But Gaara continued until he covered their heads with sand.

"Hey, it's a Heaven scroll. Just what we need. What luck." Kankuro said picking up the scroll.

"It's not enough for me... We need more." Gaara hissed staring at the ground. Ennaka clutched her pack with the scroll in it. Now was the not the time to greet him.

"Listen Gaara, we onlt need one set of scrolls, this is enough."

"No, there must be more blood shed." He glared at the ground clunching his fists.

 Kankuro grabbed Gaara's sash and pulled him, "Sometimes you have to listen to what your big brother tells you, alright?!" He ordered.

Put him down, put him down, c'mon, you're going to get killed! Ennaka thought to herself. Sweat beaded on her forehead, would Gaara really kill his own brother?

"I don't care about my family, so back off. Or I'll kill you..." Gaara narrowed his black ringed eyes.

"C'mon Gaara, can you behave for your big sister just this once? Please?" Temari pleaded politely. Fear glazed her eyes.

   Gaara stretched out his arm in Ennaka's direction. She cringed, did he know she was there? Her mind buzzed and her breaths became shallow. But then her hand brushed something near her. gazing by her hand, she saw the cork to his gourd. Ennaka brushed it with her hand feeling it's textury surface.  She moved it a few feet away from her by pushing it with her hand. Gaara opened his hand with sand accumulating by his palm. The cork quivered near her. Ennaka shut her eyes wondering if he was trying to get his cork back, trying to kill her, or trying to kill Kankuro.

"GAARA!" Temari screeched. Ennaka opened her eyes. There was no more blood, no dead peope. and the cork next to her had flew into Gaara's hand.

".. Okay... but just this once." He warned them. Ennaka sighed in releif. Kankuro mimcked her action and followed Gaara. Temari came near him and smacked him in the head whispering multiple threats.

Ennaka sat back against a tree trunk.

"He's scary." Kiba said once the sand ninja's left. The others noded besides Ennaka. they left her there and pushed onwards to the tower. Ennaka sighed and got to her feet. She should at least get some wood or else the twins would know she went after Gaara. they might not trust her if they knew that. Ennaka collected the wood and returned to the camp shortly.

"You sure took your sweet time." Tetsu sneered as she walked into their sight.

"Most of the wood was damp and unusable. You should be glad I came back in one peice." Ennaka replied glaring.

"Now c'mon guys, lets just set up camp. We're all tired." Gyoumaru said with a yawn.

"You weren't with Gaara were you?" Tetsu asked. Ennaka felt her gut clench. How did he suspect that she had been looking for Gaara?

"... No." She sniffed. "After what he did to me, I wouldn't dream of it." She lied.

"Right..." Tetsu said glaring at her."..right.."

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

rainbowfox16 on November 5, 2007, 8:54:22 AM

rainbowfox16 on
rainbowfox16*giggles with glee* Blood Rain!!! WOOOOT! This is my dream come true!! (opens mouth to catch blood) Mmmmmm! Yummy!!

Lanayru on November 5, 2007, 7:04:13 PM

Lanayru on
LanayruThat was actuall Dialog from the show. Besides the part with Ennaka.