Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 44 - Tetsu Speaks Out

Ennaka was the newbie in Konoha, and a very mysreious one at that. She lost one of her greatest childhood friendships that haunts her to this day and she's is determined to get it back- even if it kills her.

Chapter 44 - Tetsu Speaks Out

Chapter 44 - Tetsu Speaks Out


    Ennaka dumped the fire wood in the center of the clearing while Gyoumaru sorted out things for a good shelter. Tetsu was helping his brother with the landscaping, but most of the time he just glared at her.

"What is your problem!?" She asked after a while.

  Tetsu turned his head away with his brother watching him with concern. There seemed to be no trace or hint of funny left in his face. Ennaka scowled and glared at the wood in front of her trying not to do a fire jutsu. She looked at Gyoumaru and noticed something, "Hey, where's Sukauto?" She asked.

"Foraging." Gyoumaru replied without looking up. "He's getting food. Sukauto knows whats good to eat in the wild and what's not. Hopefully he'll bring us a few things."

"Need help with the shelter?" She asked him.

"... Uh, sure I guess..." He said ducking his head shyly not used to her adressing or helping him so much.

"Where do you plan to put it?" Ennaka said to him studing his pile of lumber. When he did not reply, Ennaka said pointing, "It'd be nice if we could prop it on something like a tree or rock. I see a stream right over between those two trees. Maybe there's something over there." Ennaka walked between the two trunks and examined what lay ahead. The stream was a few yards away from her down a small slope. There was a few medium sized rocks to her right, and to her left was... AH-HA! A tree with a split trunk! Ennaka walked up to the tree and ran her fingers along the bark's surface seeing if it was stable. Then she went inside and examined the interior. The compacity could fit the three and bird, plus it could shelter them from rain. Not only that, but they didn't have to build the whole structure! It was perfect! Ennaka walked back to the clearing and exclaimed excitedly, "I found it! I found it!" She rushed back to the tree going in it again. Gyoumaru followed her in shortly and examined the structure. He rubbed his chin and peered at it intently.

"Huh, this could work..." He said to himself. "Just needs a little patching up and touching up before it's completely usable."

  Tetsu came in with his arms crossed a scowl across his face. Ennaka, for once, wished he would crack a joke. Looking back at him she felt her insides burn and boil with rage. Why couldn't he just mind his own buisness?! Ennaka let out a frustrated growl and marched up to Tetsu and shoved her face inches from his. "What is your problem!?"

"... You... You went and saw him, didn't you..." He hissed defending his postion. Ennaka's face twisted into a snarl and she let out another growl.

"And so what if I did!?!" She bursted out unable to contain it. "Yeah, I went looking for him, Yeah, I saw him. But I didn't converse with him in any way, so why should it matter to you!?" She panted with her mouth feeling chalky. "Back off would you?!"

 "I knew it. Kemuri was right." Tetsu said staring back at her defiantly.

  Ennaka let her anger seep away for a moment with shock scratched suddenly on her face, "Pyro.. Sensei?" Gyoumaru looked away with a frown.

"Yeah, that's right. Kemuri- sensei said you would go running off to find Gaara. He said to be on guard. I don't know what you did or what happened to you when you were in the Sand village, but your with Konoha now. Your village is Konoha. You have to remember that your headband clearly states that you represent the Hidden Leaf Village. Not Suna, Not Amega, not any other village besides Konoha. And that is where your loyalty must lie." Tetsu said making her cringe with every word. Ennaka was taken aback. Pyro sensei didn't trust her...

  "Arrgh! Just leave me alone would you!? You don't know what it's like to be torn between your family and village like this! You don't what it's like to have your family kill everyone important to you. You don't know what it's like to have everyone wanting you for power and crap, You don't know anything about me!" She screamed in aggervation. Ennaka stared at Tetsu's unemotional face before he began to continue.

"No, I don't. It doesn't matter what hapened to you in the past. You're with Konoha, and thats how it will be from now, until this exam is over. Until then, your working with us." Tetsu said boldly, "So shut the hell up and start paying attention to whats happening right now."

"How can I? I've been like this my whole life, lingering on what I should've done so and so years ago, wondering if my friends and family are alive, wondering about Itachi and the Red Clouds and everything! Gaara is like my brother, I can't just leave him like this! He's possesed! I want to help! I- I just can't get it through his sand laiden skull..." She exclaimed throwing her hands in the air in confusement. "Just leave me alone..." She said storming away from them. Ennaka walked around, thinking about Tetsu's words. But as she thought, Neji quoted her mind. Fate brought you back on course. You will always be alone. Ennaka clenched her fists with hot tears trying to escape the moisture of her eyes. This shouldn't be happening to Gaara. This shouldn't be happening.. Not at all. As Ennaka wondered farther, she noticed that something must be following her. She spun around looking from left to right feeling the pressense of another conscience reach her eye.

   Suddenly, someone came down from the treetops above and landed in front of Ennaka. She stook a step back and took a look at this new person. Part of it's face seemed to be melting off revealing pale white skin underneath and a yellow slitted eye staring at her with amusement. Ennaka glared defiantly at the.. thing... The headband showed a spiky squiggle representing grass. Grass ninja... Huh, interesting. They stood there a while staring at each other. Ennaka all of a sudden felt her arms begin releasing the seal. There had to a be a snake somewhere nearby. Ennaka felt her skin begin to turn hot like a rash. The person watched for a while, then said in a hissing voice, "I like your style... You crave power... I have it if you join me..." The grass ninja said. "Your mind is being of a pester to me. I feel it trying to touch me."

"What?" Ennaka said flatly. She wasn't doing anything. Or was this seal making her do tings she didn't relize she was doing?

"Ah, I know who you want to kill. I know your origins Uchiha girl. You want to kill Leader... right?" the voice carried through her ears.

"H-how do you k-know about P-Pein?" She asked hugging herself trying to keep the burning down to the least amount possible.

"I have my ways... Ennaka." The person took the flesh dangling from the face and peeled some more off. "Your cousin was that of a hassel to me. Just what I would expect from an Uchiha..."

"Who are you, and how do you know about me?" She asked loudly. Her arms still were itching vigorously. Ennaka felt her breaths become labored. What was this person? Who was this person?

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment