Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 49 - Call Him Worthless Now

Ennaka was the newbie in Konoha, and a very mysreious one at that. She lost one of her greatest childhood friendships that haunts her to this day and she's is determined to get it back- even if it kills her.

Chapter 49 - Call Him Worthless Now

Chapter 49 - Call Him Worthless Now

  Eeww, that's just nasty! There's slobber all over it! Gyoumaru thought as he shivered. The drool was really making his hand feel filthy. Stuffing the scroll in his pocket and shaking his hand to relieve them of the nasty liquid, Gyoumaru felt his head begin to buzz.

Guh... Gyoumaru? Is that you? Ennaka's voice echoed in his head.

Yeah, it's me. Are you alright? He responded happy that she was talking.

I think so... What happened? I feel so cold... She said. And my body feels as hard as steel...

Well, for starters, you have skin flaps that are protruding from your arms like fins.. That might be why. And whatever those things are made of might be making you cold. He said looking down at her face. She seemed unconscience. Plus you're unconscience. That might mean something.

Yeah, I know I'm unconscience! If I wasn't, I wouldn't be speaking through your mind now would I? She snapped, Sorry.. I know I'm being rude. I'm just really frustrated right now. Without the use of my body, I feel powerless.

Yeah... He said looking for a place to rest. Unable to find the original camp, Gyoumaru settled for a shelter like structure made from roots of an enormous willow tree. He set Ennaka against a moss laiden ground and streched.

I'm slipping conscience from my mind. I've used up too much chakra... Way too much... Take the lizard out of my pocket and let it go. Ennaka said before going silent. Gyoumaru looked at her pouch and unstrapped it from her belt. He opened the flap and rumaged through it finding the earth scroll and medical herbs with the occasonal shuriken. Something squeaked as he brushed past another herb. Pausing, Gyoumaru gently lifted a small orange geko from the herbs. Grass stained, the animal blinked obliviously. Sighing, he set it down on the tree branch and watched it scurry away. Now what? He thought. His leader was out cold, his brother wasn't with him to lighten the day, and here he was in the middle of a god-forsaken forest with man eating beast probably everywhere! Gyoumaru sighed, maybe he could find out his location. He floded his hands and paused, "Falcon Eyes!" His pupils dissapeered andhe was flying through the air. Flapping wings took over the sound his ears as wind rushed past his feathers. Sukauto looked left and right in search of something. He screeched softly, the wind making his voice muffled. The tower rose in his midst with it's poor shakling tearing and eroding. Sukauto zoomed his vision on somethin in particlular. Gyoumaru saw the willow tree and his gray shirt throug h the brambles. Exiting the trance, he saw his falcon circling overhead. It gave a high pitched screech, and Gyoumaru gave a low whistle call back.

Ha! Call him a worthless birdbrain now Tetsu! Gyoumaru thought as relief flooded over him. At least someone knew where he was... At least someone, even if it was a bird.

    Sukauto dorve throug the air, his wrings slightly open so he made a smooth landing. Gyoumaru outstreched his arm and let the talons clutch his arm. "Good boy, Sukauto!" He praised. The bird ruffled it's feathers and bobbed it's petite head embassedly. Gyoumaru ordered it to perch on a branch. The falcon obeyed with a flutter of wings. Gyoumaru found a parchment and began to scribble his wherebouts to Tetsu. He rolled it up and tied it with grass, since no other reasources were available. Then, he took another grass stalk and tied the note to his falcon's foot. Sukauto balnec his foot gently and cocked his head as the object was attached to his ankle. "take this to Tetsu. And make sure that note gets to him, you hear?" He intructed. The bird screeched once more and took off again circling a few times before flying in a westward direction. Gyoumaru slumped against a root and sighed. It had been only the first day, and they already where having problems... Soon, he drifted into sleep, exausted.

 


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

rainbowfox16 on November 9, 2007, 11:58:44 AM

rainbowfox16 on
rainbowfox16WOOOT!! Go Sakuto!! Me love birdies!! Me love pretty birds!! He so good!!! Mean old Tetsu. Sukuto is useful and smart!!!