Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 54 - No Matter the Cost

Ennaka was the newbie in Konoha, and a very mysreious one at that. She lost one of her greatest childhood friendships that haunts her to this day and she's is determined to get it back- even if it kills her.

Chapter 54 - No Matter the Cost

Chapter 54 - No Matter the Cost

  As Gaara walked away, Ennaka noticed Tetsu looking at her. She hoped he wasn't angry for talking with Gaara. Slowly, she approached him. He wore a concerned expression with his arms folded across his chest. Ennaka gave a small smile to try and lighten the mood.

"What was that all about?" Tetus asked. (but not unpolitely)

"Hmm?" Ennaka sighed. She was so happy that Gaara had called her by her nickname she could hardly focus.

"The Gaara guy, What's with him?" Tetsu repeated the question specificly.

"He's angry cause I got him to say what he didn't want to say. I'm glad he didn't hurt me."Ennaka said with a sigh of relief.

"I see... How's Seeker?" tetsu changed the topic.

"I don't know. Medic said he wasn't doing good, but he's strong. it's nothing he can't handle. Really." Ennaka reassurred him. But she had her own doubts as well. She bit her lip, unwilling to tell him that Gyoumaru couldn't participate in the next test.

   Tetsu stared at the ground and shuffled his feet. "Listen. I have to tell you a few things. C'mon, lets rest up." he sid motioning to the door where the Sand Siblings had exited. Ennaka nodded puzzled and followed him past the door and up a flight of stairs where there was a room with a couch, a coffee table and two beds. "One of us will hafta sleep on the couch if gyou gets better soon." Ennaka ringed. She knew Gyoumaru wouldn't be with them for this.

"What is it?" She asked, sitting down on one of the beds. it had white sheets and a very unconfortable mattress. Ennaka wondered if the couch was any better. "What was it that you wanted to tell me?" She asked again with a little edge in her voice. Tetsu sat on the other bed with his legs dangling over the edge. e began to twiddle his fingers.

"Listen... I know Gyoumaru isn't doing well. And I know he might... might..." Tetsu began choking on his words trying to finish his sentance, "He might die. I know that. If... if he doesn't survive this... I juist wanted to tell you his thoughts that he's told me." Tetsu said with a tear rolling down his cheek.

"No... don't talk like that! He'll make it Tetsu! I promise you!" Ennaka wailed in disbelief. Tetsu coudn't doubt his brother!

"Yeah, but... I need to tell you this or you'll never know. I know I'm a terrible joker and all, and I usually have a light additude and the air of funny... but I feel that this is no time for jokes. My brother might be dying, and without him... I feel incomplete. Whenever I say a joke now, I always remember  that there will be no Gyoumaru to say 'enough with the jokes' and 'stop it already!' No. But this is what happened after yelled at you." Tetsu said flinching slightly. Ennaka pitied the fool. What was it like to lose a sibling? Much less a twin? A mirror image of yourself? Ennaka didn't feel these things. Her sibling had died before she was born. But she had a glimpse. Itachi had killed her whole family besides Sasuke.

 "After you left. Gyou went off on me saying that I was too harsh. We argued for a while until I decided to think to myself for a bit; and left him while I went for a stroll. I'd never guess he'd go looking for you... but then again... I knew he would do something about the situation. It was hard for me to accept the fact that you felt so attached to the Sand village and those Genin. But I see now that they're like your family. I don't know what happened to you, but somehow, you still feel those bonds that you did way back when. I can't explain it. but, When I came back, And Gyou was gone, I had a hunch he went off looking for you or me, and decided he'd be back soon." Tetsu brought his knees to his chest and rest his chin on top. "That wasn't the case. By sunfall, I had became very worried and didn't notice Sukauto was still there in our shelter. I thought Gyou would never leave without his bird. So I went out looking by myself. When it got late, I came back and saw Sukauto, and boy did I feel stupid." Tetsu tried to smile. " I sent him out looking for you guys. And I knew at once when the bird-brain brought that letter Gyou wrote to me, that someting bad was going to happen. And when I found you guys like this... And my brother poisoned... I just didn't know what to do with myself!" Tetsu threw his arms up in exaggeration fasion. "And if Gyou doesn't make it through this... If he doesn't survive... I want to tell you his feelings... "Tetsu said between sobs.

  Ennaka got up and put a hand on his shoulder. "Don't." She si ply said staring him in the face.

  He looked up. tears were shining on his face. "Whaddya mean?" He asked with a sniff.

"Don't tell me until all seems hopeless. Don't tell me anything." She said her eyes soft. "I want to find out for myself. I'm very scared now. Almost as scared as I was way back when." She smiled, "Not everything was pleasent in Sunakagure. Believe me. Before that, it was even worse. and before that... horrifying." she said. Tetsu shuddered under her trembling hand.

"Willing to share with the class?" He joked.

"Not right now. I'm still... Recovering from thsoe events still..." She took her hand off and walked to the middle of the room. "Now, if you don't mind, I have a foster brother to help." She said. "Gaara has changed greatly from the last time we saw each other in Suna. He wasn't always like this. In fact, I'm not sure what happened." she said with a shrug.

"I understand." Tetsu sighed. 'Good luck and all." He said with exaggerated tone.

"yeah, I'm gonna need it." Ennaka said rolling her eyes. "He's so full of himself now. I'll bet he won't listen to a word say." Ennaka walked out of the room shuttign the door behind her. Gaara coudn't sleep thanks to his demon, but that worked for her. At least she wouldn't be interrupting him in anything. While she walked from hallway to hallway, room to room, her memories from Sunakagure haunted her...

" Gaara..."

"Yes, Nakki?" Gaara replied with an innocent smile.

"I... Need to tell you some things..." She said shuffling her feet.

"Go ahead, I don't mind." He said pulling his teddy bear closer to him, "I always liked stories."

"What I'm about to tell you is my past... Where I came from and all. How I got here... You must listen carefully, it's long." She said closing her eyes. Gaara sat crosslegged on the floor gazing up at her intently with his toys scattered around him. "My family was killed by a man named Itachi. And not just my mom dad, but my aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins, everyone in my family." She said clenching her fists, "I have my eye, y'know. And He.. he wanted to use me for it. He found me... useful as a tool, a weapon. With that, he kidnapped me and trained me as his student. Since I was very young then, I didn't learn much but wits and endurance. he took me to a group. A group that captures bujii."

 Gaara gulped resting his hand on his tummy. "You mean.. Like Ichibi?"

"Yes." Ennaka replied sullenly. "They capture Jinjuriki as well, and extract the demon. It's cruel. And I was forced to join. In that time, I grew to hate the ruler of the organization. We called him Leader." Ennaka growled. "I hope he dies in a puddle of his own blood at my feet." She hissed with vengance  sketched across her face. " I hate it when people use me like I'm a tool. Thats why I feel resentment against your father. Not only is he mean to you, Gaara, but I think when I'm older, he's going to use me."  Gaara looked away, hugging his teddy. "I want to protect you from this group. You're my friend after all."

  Gaara looked back at her and smiled, "You're my bestest friend ever, Nakki! Thanks!" He said gleefully.

"Yeah, you too. I don't care whats sealed inside of you. I'll always remember that day when you asked me my name and took me in. And that's why you'll always be my friend. no matter what!" she smiled wrapping her arms around him in a friendly hug.

   By the time she had reached the room the sand ninja were staying in, she felt all choked up. No matter what, Gaara, no matter how twisted you've become, I'll never stop being your friend. She thought before twisting the door knob.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

rainbowfox16 on November 16, 2007, 8:59:01 AM

rainbowfox16 on
rainbowfox16Me:*sniffles* WAAAAAAH!!! Thats so sad!!Man...*sniffs* How loyal...So sweet, how much she still cares about him...(sighs) I'm sorry for teasing you Nakki.

Aria: 0_0 You...You're apologizing? To HER!?

Me: Yeah...

Aria: Damn...Thats a new one...

Lanayru on November 16, 2007, 9:25:40 AM

Lanayru on
LanayruNaruto: Heheh, You better believe it's new!
Ennaka: hey Naruto.. You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?
Naruto and Ennaka: RAMEN TONIGHT!!! >:3
Ennaka: C'mon Gaara, you're coming too! *drags Gaara with her*
Gaara: Ack! Gaaras don't like to be man-handled!
Ennaka: Too bad, I'm a woman.^^
Gaara: That's worse. -_-