Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 56 - Must Talk

Ennaka was the newbie in Konoha, and a very mysreious one at that. She lost one of her greatest childhood friendships that haunts her to this day and she's is determined to get it back- even if it kills her.

Chapter 56 - Must Talk

Chapter 56 - Must Talk

          It had been two days since her conversation with Gaara. She hadn't seen him since then. Instead of looking for him, Ennaka visited the still unconscience Gyoumaru with Tetsu. They asked the medics his condition almost constantly, driving them crazy. Their response as always negative, and his heart's beats were uneven. Ennaka had tried to make contact with his mind, but she never got a response. His mind seemed to try to grab onto her, but always slipped away. It was very depresssing.

  "Is there nothing that can help him?" Tetsu would ask persistantly. The medical ninja's shook their heads and always responded, "its his fight now."

  Ennaka was silent most of the time, cluting Gyoumaru's hand with her own. He had saved her from Orochimaru... And she relized that she never thanked him. Ennaka felt her lip tremble with emotion about to spill over. Why hadn't she thanked him? What made her forget that? Whyu was he like this? Gyoumaru didn't do anything to deserve this. If anything, she did. She left her best friend, ran away from her fears, was rude, never appreciated Pyro sensei's training. And now, she wondered, what had she missed? What little things of life had she not seen?

"Will he make it?" Ennaka asked one time. The medics replied as they did always, "It's his fight now. We've done everything we could."

"If I told you what kind of snake bite it was... Would you be able to do more for him?" She asked, knowing that she'd have to tell them about Orochimaru. The medics looked up at her and one folded their arms.

"Could be..." One said, "It depends... What kind of bite was it?" The medical ninja asked.

  Ennaka bit her lip. This was going to make a riot. "He was bitten by... Orochimaru's tounge snake jutsu."

"O-Orochi...maru?" they stuttered sending murmurs through the room.

"Yeah, Orochimaru, the Sannin. He attacked me, and Gyou saved me, but got bitten in the process." She said fidgeting her feet. Tetsu looked over at her with concern.

"He didn't get the curse mark!"

"oh no, what will we do? should we tell Lord Hokage?"

"Could it really be Orochimaru?"

  Whispers spread through the infirmery. Ennaka clasped her neck with a hand. She bet they were going to fuss over her next. Yay. She thought sarcasticly. What would be worse than having people pay so much attention to her? She could think of a few. one like, dressing her up. Blech, dresses were gross. having her hair done too. Thats evil, having people touch your hair and pulling on it. Ennaka shook her head, concentrate on Gyou... Concentrate.

"You! Le me see your neck!" One medic moved her hand from th wound. "There's punchure marks, but no curse."

"Of course there's no curse. I have a seal that prevents curse marks." Ennak said sourly, feeling her additude return.

"Huh... Is that why you have the kanji on your arms?" Tetsu asked, proping himself on the wall.

"Yeah." Ennaka replied without looking ove at him.

"Well, as long as your seal keeps at its job, you'll be fine. Bt now that we have this guy... I don't know what we'll do..." The medic said motioning his head to Gyoumaru. "Why don't you guys leave while we figure this out."

"Right." They agreed. Ennaka squeezed Gyoumaru's hand tighter and whispered to him, "Please, don't die." A tear rolled off her cheek and landed on his face. Ennaka hesitantly let go and exited the door with Tetsu.

"Does all seem hopeless now? "He asked.

"... I guess... I want to hear... Might as well tell me. I can't resist spoilers." Ennaka said staring at the ground.

"But does all seem hopeless?" Tetsu said stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"...No... Not all is lost quite yet." Ennaka said walking side by side with him. When she looked up, she saw Gaara just about to past her. He didn't look at her, but she held her breath and stared as he walked by, worried that he might turn around and attack. The world seemed to go in slow-mo for her, but the moment stopped. And Ennaka was left frozen to her spot with Tetsu peering at her with worry. "I'm guessing your little talk a few days ago didn't go too well.."

"Nope, not really." She said shaking her head, "I can't get him to relize that he does have people that care about him. If Temari and Kankuro don't, then I do with my life." Ennaka said with a sigh, "He doesn't get it."

"I see." Tetsu said looking down. "I'm nervous actually."

  Ennaka looked upat her teammate, 'Really? about what?" She asked.

"This exam. The preliminaries... Everything about this exam is really ticking me off balance."

"Yeah..." Ennaka said. For the rest of the time being, they walked in silence. Not quite ready to call it a day, Ennaka halted behind Tetsu before they went into their room. "I want to talk to Temari real fast. Maybe pull a prank on Kankuro while I'm there. I want to see their side of the story." Ennaka said cocking her head. "That's okay with you right?"

    Testu smiled and nodded, "Whatever you need to do. Help Gaara, okay?" He said before slipping into the room and shutting the metal door. Ennaka sighed with relief and trotted down hallways. At least Tetsu understanded her need to help Gaara. If she had to give up her life to make Gaara relize the beauty of the world, then she would. She'd drag him to Deidara if she had to and tell the guy to give Gaara an art tutorial introduction on how the world is a magical place and should be celebrated for the moment it lasted. No matter if it be second mintue hours or days. He'd gone over this with her countless times. Sometimes to the point where she'd call in Sasori to set him straight on his perspective of art. Ennaka chuckled to herself at the thought of te two bickering like they always do. Ah, the old days.

   She had been so lost in thought, that she ran into something. Looking up, she saw Kankuro looking down at her with distain. "Not you!" he moaned.

"Yes me." she hissed.

"Watch where you're going squirt." He said ruffling her hair. Ennaka shook her head.

"Yeah, yeah, thats enough plesantry. I need to talk with Temari. Do you know where she is?" She asked.

"She's in our room reading a magazine. What do wanna ask her?" Kankuro said politely with a shrug.

"Whats with you? Are you feeling okay Kankuro? Last time I checked, you hated runts like me. Now you're helping me! Make up your mind, do you hate me or not?!" Ennaka smirked.

"I like you in a sisterly way. You do get on my nerves sometimes, that's certain. And I do hate runts like yourself."

  Ennaka laughed, "Is that so? In a sisterly way, huh? Sorta like this:" Ennaka put on a sly grin," Idiot says what!" She said so fast her words were impossible to understand.

"What?" Kankuro said unintellegently. Ennaka laughed and rushed past him, and it was then when he got the joke. "Gah! Why you little-!"

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

rainbowfox16 on November 18, 2007, 10:52:00 AM

rainbowfox16 on
rainbowfox16Me: *snickers* Way to go, Nakki!!!

Aria: How amateur...

Lanayru on November 18, 2007, 11:42:30 PM

Lanayru on
LanayruAh, sisterly love.^w^