Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 66 - Sasori's Confession

Ennaka was the newbie in Konoha, and a very mysreious one at that. She lost one of her greatest childhood friendships that haunts her to this day and she's is determined to get it back- even if it kills her.

Chapter 66 - Sasori's Confession

Chapter 66 - Sasori's Confession

         Itachi stared at his leader unblinkingly, to let him know that he was not afraid of his wrath. Kisame stood next to him, his overly large sword slung on his back.

      Leader had called them for a meeting of four. A chat between Leader, his partner, Itachi and Kisame as well. That was all who would attend. But plans change. Sasori demanded he be part of the meeting, causing Deidara to join in too. Why Sasori had been so stern over this matter confused them so. Why did he care? Did it matter? She wasn't his family.

"We all know why we're here..." Leader scoffed. "But before we begin, Sasori, tell me why you're here."

   Sasori glanced at Deidara and Itachi before hissing, "This is a little girl we're handling. Not a machine. I've become close to her over the years she was here. I know..." He stopped aburtly and changed the subject, "She isn't to be taken lightly."

"Is there something you're not telling us, Sasori?" Kismae asked with a smirk, "I liked the little twurp too, y'know."

"How could you guys like that little brat? I'd rather kill her." Deidara sniffed.

"Shut up." Pain's partner, Konan, growled, "I liked her too. But that's not the point. Sasori, there's something you're not telling us. Spit it out."

"Yes, do tell." Pain hissed.

Sasori looked around nervously, looking at everyone's eyes turn on him. Why did he have to go and open his big fat mouth? He should've been mute and nuteral. "I... I..."

"C'mon Danna, say it already! You don't like to keep people waiting." Deidara ordered.

"I know where she is." He said quickly. Pain blinked in confusement and looked at everyone. Eyes began asking him questions before words came out of their mouths. "There! I said it! Happy!?" He replied to their atonished faces.

"And why did you not tell us this before?" Konan asked.

"I don't want her to- No... that's not right... I don't know. She's a little girl... And she shouldn't live a murderer's life. I know that past. The one where you're left all alone to the point you start to hear things. You start to see things. You start to do things you wouldn't normally do, waiting for something to happen. Using her... I think it's wrong. She's sensitive to usage. She's aware and starting to catch on to what we're doing and plotting." Sasori gulped, hoping his little speech wouldn't arouse more questions.

"Where is she?" Pain asked sternly, "And how do you know her wherebouts?"

"She might not be there anymore... But my knowledge tells me that she is in Sunagakure. How I know these things I wish not to tell, if that is alright with you, Leader." Sasori explained, ducking his head in embarresment.

"Very well. So she's in the Sand village. Well, Konoha is hosting the Chuunin Exams this year. And seeing that Ennaka is of a pedigree similar to that of Itachi, she's most likely to be there. And we all know who else is there, don't you, Kisame and Itachi?"

"... Yes..." Itachi grumbled, "The Nine-Tailed Demon-Fox. Naruto Uzumaki."

"Just don't be suprised if he's missing an arm or leg." Kisame said with a laugh, waving his sword through the air.

"Don't be too hasty, Kisame." Konan warned, "We want that kid alive."

"Yeah, yeah. I know the drill." Kisame assured her.

"Good. And Itachi, while you're there... Bring Ennaka back here. That eye is to be an expirament for me. I want to know the extent of it's power. And get it before Orochimaru does. In the meantime, I'll have Zetsu scout ahead." Pain said, his Rinnagan eyes flashing behind him, "Zetsu, come here."

"Coming," He said, walking over to them slowly. He had the appearance of a venus-fly trap. hHlf of his face with black, with a pupiless glowly yellow eye, while the other side white bleach-white. His green hair clashing with the red clouds on his cloak. "What is it?" He asked, towering over Pain.

"Go and spy in on Konoha. Find Ennaka, make sure she doesn't leave Konoha. Sounds simple, is simple." Pain ordered.

"Whatever. I'll leave now. No use in waiting." He said, the two voices of both sides of his face mingling together eerily, Zetsu began to walk out of the exit of their base. "And if she's dead?" He asked, turning back to the group.

"... Bring her body to me. That eye is very handy. And no, you may not eat her."

"Fine, have it your way..." Zetsu sighed. "I don't see why Sasori can't send his little spy out instead..."

"My 'little spy' is spying on Orochimaru at the moment." Sasori hissed at the plant-man.

"Whatever." Zetsu said tunnling into the ground, "I do all the work around here... Go here, go there, Zetsu... Bastards.."

When Zetsu had left them, Pain addressed them again, "We also need more Akatsuki members. Find people, introduce our organization. If they prove worthy enough, drag them here to me. Kakzuzu killed his partner the other week, and he needs a replacement."

"Ugh, not again..." Deidara groaned. "How many of his partners has he killed?!"

"All of them." Sasori replied. "Now shut up, Deidara, before I decide to kill you!"

"Yes Master Sasori..." Deidara grumbled.

"Stop arguing, and get out of here. You are all dismissed." Pain hissed.

       They all left, and when Sasori and Deidara were alone in where ever they were, Deidara dared to ask, "So, Danna, how did you know Ennaka was in Suna?"

"... I'll tell you if you swear not to tell anyone." Sasori growled.

"I swear, I swear." Deidara said pounding his chest with a fist.

"... Alright... If you must know... I sent her there." Sasori hesitantly said, staring at the ground.

"YOU WHAT?!" Deidara shouted in suprise.

"I sent her there... I helped Ennaka flee. She asked me where to go.. And I told her of my Grandma Chiyo, in my birthplace. I told her to go to the Land of Winds to the Village Hidden in the Sand. I just pray that she got there safely... and that no harm befell her."

"Why?! Why did you let her escape!?" Deidara asked softly, "Everyone was frantic to find her! Was our whole search party a wasteful effort?!"

"Yeah, pretty much." Sasori said simply. " I just led you through a pointless maze of circles to waste time and to give up hope."

"Konan was especially worried!"

"... I know... Ennaka has told me Konan started to take the role of her mother. She even treated Konan like a she would to her mother."

"Mother, huh? Heheh, poor Konan and Pain. If that's true, how did she veiw you and me?" Deidara asked, begining to sculpt somethinhg from clay.

"You, she saw you as a pet." Sasori laughed, remembering the times ennaka had pulled pranks on his partner. "And as for me... She began to see me as the older brother she never knew. And she even called me accidently by his name..."

"Oh, really? What name would that be?"

Sasori glanced at his partner, then lied, "I don't remember... I don't remember."

"Flees your memories, does it? Well, some things do just escape our minds..." At this comment, he let his bird creation flap away a good distance before, "Katsu!" it exploded in array of sparkling light. "I say we just forget about her. She's a waste of time."

"You're just jealous that she can draw better than you at her young age." Sasori said with amusement. "But I know you have your own ties with her. Every Akatsuki member does. She even started to call you senpai." Sasori reminded him.

"Yeah, true. But I still say that my art is better!"

"You can't do crap with paint!" Sasori retorted.

"You can't do crap with clay!"

   And the two began their daily argument as they always begin it. Drifting their thoughts away from the girl who hated Leader with the passion of the hot stars of space.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

rainbowfox16 on December 8, 2007, 11:30:02 AM

rainbowfox16 on
rainbowfox16COOL!! Me lovie stooooorry!! Me lovie stoooooory!! WAY TO GO LANARU!! GREAT JOB!!!

Lanayru on December 8, 2007, 11:09:42 PM

Lanayru on
LanayruThank, u, thank u, *bows* i know, I'm awesome! XD