Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 68 - Kankuro Vs. Stretchy Dude

Ennaka was the newbie in Konoha, and a very mysreious one at that. She lost one of her greatest childhood friendships that haunts her to this day and she's is determined to get it back- even if it kills her.

Chapter 68 - Kankuro Vs. Stretchy Dude

Chapter 68 - Kankuro Vs. Stretchy Dude

         The other kid faced Kankuro wearing the same purple uniform that each team member seemed to wear. Ennaka smirked as Kankuro got ready to begin. And then, she thought a smug thing to say.

"Don't break a nail Kankuro! It might just kill you!" She shouted down to him. He turned and glared at her then replied grudgingly, "Yeah, and I'll laugh when you pass out before your match begins!"

"Better watch out Doll Boy! I might decide to come down there and beat you up myself!" She growled.

"I'd like to see you try!" He hissed.

"And, let the match begin." Hayate, (coughy dude) said.

   Kankuro turned to his opponent instantly forgeting Ennaka's rude remarks and decided, if he could show her how strong he was, then maybe she'd show a bit more respect for him. She knew he couldn't stand little brats like herself. Smirking, he said to the guy, "Let me do you a favor and end this battle quickly..."

"You can't end it if I end it first!" The boy shouted before charging at Kankuro. He was caught off guard at the sudden assult and in a flash, the other guy had him in a fix. Somehow, his arms had tiwsted and turned in an inhuman way, grasping Kankuro in a headlock. He had droped the sack where he kept his puppets to the ground, and grasped his hands on the attacker's arm. "You talk big for such a rat! All I have to do right now is tighten my grip to break your neck and you'll be dead." The man hissed. In the background, he heard Ennaka laughing.

"Is that all? That was pathetic! I breathed and it was over!" She said. But there was something different about her voice this time, "I expected more from you, Kankuro."

     Kankuro blinked in suprise. In her own little way, she was urging him to go on. She was encouraging him! Maybe not in the nicest way, but, still... And he knew that he wasn't at his limit. His show hadn't even begun!

"You can talk all you want, worm, I ain't givin' up."

"This is your last chance, rat. Give up or die!"

"Over my dead body!" Kankuro growled.

    There was a crack, and everyone grew silent. His head went limp, and the opponent muttered, "Oops, looks like I lost my temper, oh well."

"D-did... Did he break his neck?" Naruto asked with wonder.

     There was murmuring. Ennaka was breathing heavily wondering if that was all from the big shot, Kankuro. Was that it? No... Kankuro wouldn't let himself be beaten so easily... would he?

 "Heheh..." There was a faint whisper from below. Kabuto's teammate gasped, "What?!"

     Kankuro's face began to peel away, making little shards of the paint and sand fall to the ground. The head made a three-hundred and sixty degree turn so that he was face-to-face with his opponet, "It's my turn now!" He said smugly.

   The wrappings on his case began to move, and black-gloved hands appeared, struggling out of the case. They flew off, and out jumped Kankuro, alive and well. The other him, tore off the clothes to reveal his puppet Crow, who was tightly grabbing the other guy.

"You were careless." Kankuro commented, moving his fingers in an array of patterns. The puppet began to tighten it's grip. With it's several arms connecting in a circle. The guy screamed in aggony, "Ah! I give up! I give up, I give up!!!!"

"Too late. I'll break everything but your neck." Kakuro said with a grin. he spun around and clentched his hands into fists, as the invisable chakra flow directed the puppet to make a a loud crack as he let go of the stretchy dude. He lay limp on the floor without a stir, and the Medical Ninjas rushed over.

"Kankuro wins." Hayate proclaimed.

    Kankuro smiled and went back up to Ennaka. Who crossed her arms and wore a frown, "You just lucked out..." She growled. Then she smirked, "And I'm glad you did. One day... I want to fight you..." She said thoughtfully, "That was a pretty neat trick. At first, I thought he really broke your neck."

"Did you really underestimate me and think I couldn't handle such a whimp?" Kankuro asked giving her "the eye".

"Yeah. Actually, yes. Yes I did." She smiled.

"Why you little brat! I gonna sio crush you when this is over!"

"I don't think so. I'll crush you first before you even touch me!"

"Will not!"

"Will too!"

"Nuh-uh!"

"Ya-huh!"

    Temari groaned as they began sticking their tounges at each other trying to out do each other in a battle of insults. She swore she saw an electrict current pass between their eyes. Man, sometimes, they could be so inmature. But Ennaka was still a kid, that really didn't matter. But Kankuro? ... Oh wait, Kankuro was onlt three. She forgot about that. Well, he acted as if he was three...

     Ennaka was so involved with teasing Kankuro, she didn't look to see who was fighting next as the next fighters took the stage. When she did relize that the next match was about to began, she asked franticly, "What the next match?! Who's in the next round, who, who, who!?"

"Sakura Haruno, and Ino Yamanaka..." Temari said with a sigh.

"Oh... That's depressing. Y'know what, this match is going to suck, so I'm going to leave and take a break until the next match..." Ennaka declared, "Anyone want to come with me?"

"Nah, I'm good. I don't wana catch your stupid." Kankuro mumbled.

"I'd rather watch the cat-fight." Temari said with a smirk, "Watching two doges go at each other might be entertaining!"

"Gaara? What about you?" Ennaka asked.

    Gaara remained silent. Ennaka growled to herself and entered his mind, forcing her way past his conscious barrier. "Gaara, you wanna come or not?"

"Does it look like I'm in the mood?"

"Meh, that's kinda hard to tell since you're the most unemotional person I've ever met."

".... I'm not sure if that was a compliment or not, but to answer your question.... NO!"

      Ennaka covered her ears as it was a loud remark. "Okay, okay! You don't have to yell... I'm right here."

"Excactly. Now get out of my head before I tear off your limbs, dip them in gizzard and beef tounge, and roast the over a bonk fire and make you watch me feed it to Kankuro."

"That actually might be fun to watch if it wasn't my limbs..."

"GET OUT!" Gaara roared.

"Going!!!" Ennaka squealed and left.  She told the person guarding the exit where she was going, and made her way up to the infirmery where she saw Sasuke, Zaku, the stretchy dude and Gyoumaru. She first stopped by Sasuke who seemed to be awake, and panting.

"Hey there, Sasuke." She said, with her Itachi meter going under control.

"What do you want?" He asked rudely.

"I thought you would be glad to have some company drom your family while you healed. But If I told you that, I would be lying, and lying is against the code of the Bible."

"Bible-shmible." Sasuke muttered, "Well, if you're not here for me, why are you here?"

"I'm here to see my teammate and to check on his welfare."

"Tch. Why do you care about him so much? If I were you, I think of him as a nusince." Sauke said looking away.

"Well, not only did he save my life, he could teach me things.  Things that could possibly help us achieve our goal."

"You have my attention." Sasuke commented swinging his head back in Ennaka's direction.

"The only way we can beat Itachi is if we work together. And frankly, you aren't very good with teamwork. Gyou and Tetsu are twins and their whole attack pattern relies on teamwork. If we can learn from them... We might take a step closer to getting to Itachi. Besides, we're just kids. There's nothing we can do about it now except train."

"You may be right. But When that time comes... I want to end the killing blow."

"Fine. You may. But when it is my turn to kill my most hated, I shall end his life."

"Oh? Who is this 'most hated'?"

"... Pein." Ennaka spat.

"Pain?" Sasuke questioned.

"Yes, he controls Itachi in his own little way."

"Then I will help you with that as well."

"Good. It will be sweet revenge for us both. I wish I could say I wanted to aliminate the whole organization he runs... But..."

"But what?" Sasuke questioned.

"It's nothing..." Ennaka assured. But in reality, she wished she could bring out what she was going to say. But she couldn't. They could arrest her for the information she held so close to her like a mother to child.

"I could never bring myself to hurt Sasori, Konan... Possibly Kisame and Deidara, but never Sasori and Konan. After what they've done for me... I'd never hurt them. But it was in the way of killing Pein... I just might have to. God forbid that day ever come... God forbid."  Ennaka thought deeply. It was true. She could never bring herself to hurt them. She had grown too attached to them. She knew it would tear her in two if she was forced to fight them. And what really made her skin crawl was that Sasori was the one who was to capture Gaara's demon. She made a promise to Gaara that she would protect them from those people at the cost of her life. She had already broke a promise to him. She wasn't about break anotehr one!

 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment