Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 71 - Nii-san Vs. Need more Screen Time

Ennaka was the newbie in Konoha, and a very mysreious one at that. She lost one of her greatest childhood friendships that haunts her to this day and she's is determined to get it back- even if it kills her.

Chapter 71 - Nii-san Vs. Need more Screen Time

Chapter 71 - Nii-san Vs. Need more Screen Time

      Ennaka watched Temari smirk threateningly at TenTen. Indeed, Temari did know how to make her opponents feel tiny. That gaze she gave... it made her shiver. Soon, she would see her Nii-san in action. What technique had she learned since Ennaka's departure? She couldn't even start to imagine. Temari had always been a good fighter with a sharp tounge. She could talk her enemies till they felt smaller than an ant, crumbling under her murderous eyes.

     She better win... Ennaka thought, It'll be a pleasure to see her move up to Chunin. But am I ready? Ennaka gritted her teeth. She wondered if she acually was ready... And what about the poison Orochimaru gave her? Was that going to effect her? Who was she going to face anyway? And when?!

 "And... Let the match begin." Hayate said with a small cough. He stepped back to get out of the girls' way.

   "GO TENTEN!" Lee screamed, "YOU CAN DO IT TENTEN, SEND THAT GIRL BACK HOME ON A STRETCHER!"

   "You have the power of youth with you!" Gai exclaimed in unison with his pupil's obnoctious shouting. Naruto covered his ears and glared at them while Shikamaru just yawned.

     TenTen stood there looking at the distance between her and Temari. She lept back a few paces and measured her distance again. Temari frowned in disapointment. She was expecting a fight right away! But instead, this girl was taking her sweet, little, old time. She seemed to want her to strike first, Temari grinned and crossed her arms, "I'm not going to attack first if that's what you want."

     TenTen narrowed her eyes and took her stance. Hayate looked at both of them confused and said hesitantly, "What's the matter? I said you could begin."

     Just then, TenTen jumped into the air and threw four mini shuruiken at Temari. There wasn't time to see what happened. Ennaka had blinked and she saw that the weapons had landed a few feet away from the older girl who continued to smile, "You missed. Is your aim that terrible? Or are you just so nervous it messed up your shot?"

"Heh, you can always count on Temari to put on a good show." Kankuro said.

"Hmph, big deal..." Gaara grumbled.

   Ennaka looked at them back to the match, hiding her own comments.

"Man this is embassasing..." Shikamaru said with a yawn, "Sand wins again."

"Huh?! What are you talking about? The match just started!" Naruto protested.

"It's obvious. The match is over." Shikamaru said.

"Oh yeah?! Well what makes you so smart, huh? Why don't explain it to me?" Naruto retorted.

"Nah, It'll be too troublesome. If you can't see it I won't waste my breath." Shikamaru said not turning to the hyper blonde.

"Shikamaru's right, y'know. This match is over." Chouji said.

     TenTen looked at her shocked and moved her gaze to the shuriken. How could I miss?! She asked herself in frustration. She's trying to get me to feel unsure of myself... TenTen observed. What do I do? Hm... Looks like I'll have to use "that" move. She confirmed. Reaching her hand into her hip pack, she grabbed a small, colorful scroll. She ran in a circle around Temari then unlatched the scroll, jumping into the air, spinning the parchment around her. Puffs of bleach white smoke appeared as the scroll began to summon multiple sharp metal objects. TenTen gripped them and hurtled them at Temari who, by this time, had gotten out her huge fan. As the weapons were heading toward her, she opened it a little to reveal one purple circle design on it. She swung it at the approaching objects, and their paths scattered. TenTen's target had, again, missed.

This isn't working! She thought in panic, nothing I do is effective!

" Take a good look. This is the first moon. There's two more like it. When you see all three moons, "Temari explained, "you'll know that you've lost the match." She said, wiping her grin off, repacing it with a serious face who was about to get down to buisness.

     TenTen growled to herself in frustration and confusion. This girl wasn't messing around. But she seemed so relaxed, it made her skin crawl!

     TenTen saw no other option. It was time to use her best move. She was saving it for the real matches, but she saw no other way to defeat her opponent. Once again, TenTen reached into her pack and pulled out two scrolls. Placing one on either side of her, she began to move her hand in hand signs. "Rising Twin Dragons!" TenTen exclaimed. A huge blast of Summoning smoke appeared, buffetting Temari and everyone else. More weapons apeared and TenTen thrusted them once more to Temari. Temari grunted and opened her fan a bit more to show the two moons. She swung the massive fan and a strong wind blew the objects in all different directions... Again. Temari grunted in dissapointment. TenTen gasped. All three of these "moons" were present. Temari smirked and swung the fan around her. In a moment's notice... She vanished.

    TenTen decended to the ground in confusement. Where did she go? Looking around franticly, TenTen heard avoice call out from behind her, "Over here!" Turning around, the gril saw Temari gliding through the air above her on her fan... All three moons exposed. Temari glided over to her original spot gracefully, then faced TenTen. She held her smirk, with TenTen too confused to think.

"Ninja art! Wind Scythe Jutsu!" Temari shouted as she swung her fan. TenTen was trapped in the gale, unable to react in time.

"TenTen!" Lee shouted.

"She put up a good fight..." Neji said solemly, "But she'll never escape from that wind. Temari's chakra is controlling the wind. It's over."

     TenTen's mouth was open in a soundless cry, as the wind began to slice into her body, making cuts appear on her body. The gale subsided and TenTen began to fall. Temari held out her now closed fan, and TenTen landed backfirst on it.

"... Woah... That girl's pretty ruthless..." Naruto said slowly.

"Humph... That wasn't much of a match. Pretty boring." Temari sighed.

    Hayate stepped forward, "Winner of the fifth match, Temari."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment