Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 72 - Sleepy Bells! Shika Vs. Kin!

Ennaka was the newbie in Konoha, and a very mysreious one at that. She lost one of her greatest childhood friendships that haunts her to this day and she's is determined to get it back- even if it kills her.

Chapter 72 - Sleepy Bells! Shika Vs. Kin!

Chapter 72 - Sleepy Bells! Shika Vs. Kin!

      "Wow Nii-san! You were amazing!" Ennaka said as Temari came back up to her spot, " I don't know what Baki-sensei taught you, but man, that was great!"

"It wasn't that hard." Temari boasted, "All she did was throw weapons at me and I threw them right back at her."

"You have a pretty good strategy. Mines pretty random. I see what I need and I use it." Ennaka muttered, feeling inferior to the Sand Ninjas. "All I do is summon, stab, dodge."

"We'll see how well your randomness goes when it's your match." Baki said with a smirk.

"Depends who I'm fighting..." Ennaka said, glaring at Neji. "If it's Neji, I won't hold back and you'll see me at the extent of my powers."

"Well, I'm confident you'll lose!" Kankuro said.

"If I lose, it'll be because I'm fighting Gaara! I bet I can take on whoever I'm put up against; besides him." Ennaka hissed pointing at her "friend".

"Tch, whatever." Kankuro grumbled.

      The names began rolling on the screen again. Ennaka felt sweat bad down her forehead. Was she next? The names slowed until they came on a stop on Shikamaru Nara and some Sound ninja named Kin, or something like that. Ennaka slumped her shoulders in dissapointment. When was it going to be her turn!? Any more of this and she might decide not to fight at all!

"Next match. Shikamaru Nara Vs. Tsuchi Kin." Hayate proclaimed.

   Shikamaru jumped down and said lazily, "Me, huh? Whatever."

"You can do it Shikamaru! Don't lose! Show us you're a man!" Ino shouted, for she and Sakura had been awake for some time now.

"Yeah, yeah..." He yawned.

"Beat the other guy up with a six-teen hit combo!" She kept ranting, to Shika's displeasure. Ennaka could see why he didn't like women.

     Ino's gotten more energetic... Chouji thought, glancing at his teammate in annoyance. Though his face portrayed no such feelings.

    From next to her, Ennaka saw one of the Sound Ninja get ready to fight. She had really long, dark brown hair that was tied in a purple bow near the end. Ennaka thought it looked retarded to have a bow in your hair. Gross. One of her teammates murmured to her, "He uses the Shadows... Be wary of the shadows."

 She smirked and closed her eyes in amusement, "I won't fall for that stupid technique." Kin jumped over the rail to face her opponet. Ennaka glared at the Sound Ninja in suspition. What were they up to? And how did they know about Shikamaru's only stradegy? Furrowing her brow, Ennaka decided it'd be best if she found out and learned a bit more about these Sound Ninja...

"I'll be back." She hissed to her Sand Ninja buddies. They looked at her confused, but didn't protest as she began to inch her way nearer to the Sound Ninja. In the background she heard Ino shouting encouraginy to Shikamaru. He didn't look too thrilled.

"Sixth match, Shikamaru vs. Kin." The proctor repeated, "Begin!"

"I'll end it quickly." Kin snickered.

"This..." Shikamri began but was interrupted by Kin.

"You can only use one thing like an idiot?"

Shikamaru glared at her then exclaimed, "Shut up!" He returned to his calm position and said, "Shadow Possesion Jutsu!"

"As long as I see the direction of which your technique is going, I have nothing to fear." Kin replied with a side jump, throwing two needle-like objects called senbons, at Shikamaru. Both had a bell tied on the end of it. Shikamaru ducked and let the needles soar over his head, planting themselves on the opposite wall behind him.

"Bells?" He murmured. "Heh! That sure is a classic trick." He said standing up. "Next, you're going to throw a senbon with a bell and one without a bell at the same time. If I react to the one with he bell, I won't notice the silent senbon. Right?"

 "You talk too much!" Kin said charging, and throwing another two senbons.

    Shikamru dodged them all, not moving from his spot. But suddenly, a faint ringing hit is ears. The bells had rung, but something wasn'r right about the sound. It made his head feel fuzzy. "What?!" he asked confused, "Behind?!" He looked behind at the two senbons puntcuring the wall. They began to quiver, ringing their high-pitched ring. At closer inspection, Shika noticed a faint string, tied to both, leading straight to Kin's hand. She tugs on them, still wearing her smirk of pleasure.

"Aw man!" Shika maoned as Kin threw a few senbons at him. Two hit his shoulder. Shikamaru skidded back from the inpact, tripping over himself, landing to the ground.

"Shikamaru!" Ino exclaimed.

"He got hit directly." Naruto obsevered.

"No, look closely!" Sakura corrected him.

   Shika staggered to stand and plucked the needles out of his skin, "I dodged a fatal hit." He said. "Now it's my turn!"

"I won't let you." Kin said, still clutching the strings. She tugged them once more, and their ringing filled his ears.

"W-whats going on!?" He asked himself aloud. he collapsed to his knees, feeling her trick begin it's magic.

   Kin laughed and hissed, "Those who listen to the sound of the bells becaome like that. The sound from this special bell works it's way through the eardrum up to the brain. Soon, you'll start illusioning things."

"Hey!" Ennaka growled, "I'm the only one here allowed to use illusions! Plagerist!"

Kin had heard her, and turned her head to see who was shouting, "Keep your mouth shut brat. I'm explaining something important!"

"Less explaining, more fighting!" Ennaka shouted down to her. This kid was really pissing her off.

    Shikamaru tried to cover his ears to stop the sound, but it was to no avail. Once that sound reached his ears, it stayed there. He looked up, Kin began to multiply into twenty copies. Of course nobody else saw that.

"Tch, you Sound Ninja are so cheap." Ennaka said loud enough for the other Sound Ninja to hear. He glared at her and said threateningly, "Say that to my face, punk!"

"Fine. You Sound Ninja are cheapos." She repeated, this time facing him, glaring at him defiantly. "There, I said it again, whatcha gonna' do about it, hm?"

"Why you little dog! I should kill you right now!"

"Maybe you should. But let me warn you, I'm famous 'round these parts. I've earned so many titles, it'll knaw your ears off listening to 'em all!"

"You little brat! You talk too much! And why are you hanging out with these Sand Ninja, anyway?! Your headband clearly states that you're a Konoha Ninja! Shouldn't you be over there with them, or are you too disgraced and embarressed about all the weaklings in your village?" He hissed.

"No, that's not it." Ennaka replied thoughtfully, " I... owe a debt to them. In anycase, It's none of your buisness!"

  He growled, and stared at her for a few more moments before narrowing his eyes and turning away from her.

"You can't move at all!" Kin laughed, her voice echoing around the room. You don't even know where to strech your own shadow!" She smirked and held up her hand which held three needles. "Now, I'll tenderize you slowly."

"She's underestimating me..." Shika said to himself, clentching his teeth.

    Kin smiled and threw her senbons. Shikamaru held up his arms to block the attack from his face. They gave him sharp pain, sending chills through his body. "Now, I'll throw five. And after that, seven!" Kin sneered. "Soon, You'll look like a hedgehog!" Shikamru glared at her, holding his hand on his shoulder. "You deceitful wrench!" He called to her. "You said you would end the match quickly!"

"I see you're not a fan of my slow and painful method..." She sighed, "Then Ill finish you off with this." She held up her hand once more to show three more senbons. "It's the end!" Kin smirked, but suddenly, her smile faded and was replaced by confusement. "What? I can't move my arm!"

   Ennaka laughed and turned to Kin's temamate (which she learned his name to be Dosu), "What was that about my village being weaklings? I've known Shika for a while and it's just like him to pull off a trick like this! You're little buddy stands no chance against that kid! Even I have fallen victim to his technique!"

  Dosu looked from her to Kin, gaping in confusment.

    Shikamaru sighed and stood up saying, "my Shadow possesion Jutsu finally succeeded."

"What are you talking about, you didn't cast any Shadow Jutsu!" Kin exclaimed

 Shikamaru sneered an said, "You still don't see it? Just as you assumend, stupid. There's no string that can cast a shadow at that height." He explained as Kin glanced at her useless weapon. "I just stretched and shrunk my shadow." Shikamaru proclaimed as the Shadow began to expand so that it was a thick black blotch on the ground.

"but what are you going to do with it?" Kin asked, "How can you win with this?" She asked, confident he didn't have a plan.

"Just watch, would ya'?" Shikamaru said with a yawn. He reached into his pack and drew out a mini shuriken. Kin gasped and stared at him, "Are you stupid? If you attack me like that, you'll get hurt too!"

"I know." Shikamaru said, still smiling, getting ready to throw his weapon.

"You're not planning to..." Kin protested.

"We're going to stab each other with our shuriken now. How long will we last?" he said throwing the item.

"You're insane!" Kin screeched as she mirrored his action.

   The objects hurtle past each other and everyone seemed held in suspence. Then, at the last minute, Shikamaru ducked to avoid it. Kin sighed in relief and thought, Okay, he was just bluffing. I'll duck too! But just as she thought that, she ducked and hit her head on the wall behind her, rendering Kin unconscious.

  Shikamaru laughed, "A good ninja would study the landscape before they fought! I just had to keep her attention on me and not the wall inches behind her head!"

"Winner of the match, Shikamaru Nara." Hayate said, coughing a little.

"Way to go Shikamaru!" Ino cheered.

    Ennaka closed her eyes and smiled to herself. At least all the the Sound Ninja had lost their matches between Konoha. Zaku lost against Sasuke, and now Kin lost against Shika. All that was left... Ennaka turned her head to Dosu who was still dumbfounded over her loss. Dosu. She thought. If we can win against Dosu... Orochimaru might think twice before messing with Konoha.

      Shikamaru left the match and returned to his team, while the computer began pairing the next Genin. Ennaka sighed and leaned on the wall, closing her eyes. She knew she wasn't going to be going for a while. So why not take a nap? If Gaara were to fight next, she knew that the outcome would be his opponent's death. If Tetsu was next, she might watch...

    What was this feeling she had? The feeling where everyone's watching you? Ennaka opened her eyes slightly. Oh... That's why. Every eye was fixed on her. She looked at the computer screen and gasped. Written on it was: Ennaka Vs. Tetsu.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

rainbowfox16 on January 1, 2008, 4:54:55 AM

rainbowfox16 on
rainbowfox16frack YEAH!!! GOOOO NAKI!!!

Lanayru on January 1, 2008, 4:57:26 AM

Lanayru on
LanayruEnnaka: I don't wanna fight Tetsu... :(