Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - The sorting Hat

Harry Potter is no longer alive, there's nothing left of the name Potter but a pair of Triplets named Madison, Alex, and Cally Potter. They lived with an adopted magic family and end up back in time help their great(you get it) grandfather Harry Potter

Chapter 3 - The sorting Hat

Chapter 3 - The sorting Hat
"we should get ready the we might almost be there" Madison said to her sisters who noded and all three went to put on their uniforms after alot of scrambling and a few confused turns they found where to change and did so quickly Alex was the first to return to their conpartment and being self weary about the girls uniform made sure her robes fully covered her bare legs and sat by the window Madison soon showed aswell but she seemed now fazed by the skirt they had to wear she sat across her sister and sarted reading the book she had bin reading before. Cally of course came in her anger at an all time high "there is no way in hell im wearing this!!" she yelled yanking her robes back and stomping her foot on the seat exposing her bare legs and the hogwarts skirt and boy passing by saw and whistled as he walked past their conpartment "OH SHUT UP!" Cally yelled causing the boy to jump in fear and run quickly on his way. "Cally.." Alex said softly "please, it's the school uniform" Madison looked up from her book and noded "yea so you have to wear it" she added to what Alex said "if you dont like showing your legs so much cover them with your robes" the two concluded together

"im not going to wear this bloody danm thing!"Cally bollowed

Madison was begining to see red "look her you little-" she cut herself off as she caught a sad look Alex was giving her, Madison sighed and marked the page she was on before closing it and turning to Cally "Cally.." she said "we in a situation right now that leaves us on our own, we have do defend eachother and there are going to be things that we dont want to do that we have to, we just have to deal with them" Cally stared at her sister for a moment before she lifted her foot and twisted so that she could flop onto her seat she crossed her arms and legs and huffed. "i hope no one suspects us" Alex said after a long silence "thats the thing" Madison said looking at her sister "we have to becarful what we do in this time, if we do something wrong it could totally throw off whats sappost to happend" she explained "does that mean we cant go near Grandpa Harry?" Both Alex and Cally asked "i dont know but i do know that we cant have anyone know we're potters because Grandpa Harry is the only potter right now" Madison said "that blows" Cally remarked. shortly after the train went to a hault and all the children halled out of the train The girls, mostly Alex, were stumbling all the way gripping eachothers hands,hair,cloths, or anything they could grab so that they didnt fall or lose one another. "come on Al" Cally called over her shoulder her grip was tight in Alex's hand as to not lose the girl. "im coming" Alex said over the chatter of students around them they had to get to the side before another wave of students came out but it was too late the older teenagers where now coming out and Alex some how managed to lose Cally and started getting pushed back and forth. "oh uh excuse me, uh sorry, um im soory excuse me" she couldnt take much more of this as she was pushed back and for by the rush for kids going left and right either brushing past or pushing past even shoving past. Alex felt like she was a leaf traped in the rush of a whirlpool being pushed and pulled back and forth she knew soon she'd fall over, then what? Cally and Madison wont be able to find her.Alex stoud in place clamping her hands over her ears and shutting her eyes shut tight bowing her head she would teeter back and forth when people pushed past. moments later the chaos stoped as the older students had set off for the school. Alex slowly lifted her head and removed her hands looking around 'oh no' she thought she looked all about but didnt see brown hair, bright green eyes, no sign of her sisters, no mirror image of herself.

"hey" a voice called from behinde

Alex whirled around hoping who ever was talking to her was Cally or Madison but her face went pale Harry stoud before her smiling with him was a boy with fire-red hair his cloths looked like hand-me-downs "oh hi" Alex said quietly a small smile tugged at the girls lips "who's this Harry?" the red-head asked he was looking from Alex to Harry probably taking in the likeness in their eyes "I met her on the train she....who are you?" Harry asked turning to Alex "oh sorry it was rude of me to run off before telling you my name im Alex" Alex said there was a silence "Alex what?" the red-head asked Alex's face went even more pale her mouth hung open for a minute "well.." she started "Alex!" Cally's voice called from behinde "Alex there you are" Alex whirled around to see Cally and Madison the two girls pulled Alex into worried hugs "blimey" the red-head said staring at the triplets "um guys this is...Harry Potter and..." Alex glanced at the red-head "Ron Weasley" Ron said "you still havent told us your last name" he added Alex sighed showing signs that she was going to tell them "we're-" "Spellmen!" Cally cut in quickly Alex and Madison blinked and looked at Cally "Spellmen?" the said "Spellmen" Cally said giving her sisters a look the three looked at eachother for awhile and then noded furiously "yea! yea! Spellmen, im Alex Spellmen and these are my twins Cally Spellmen and Madison Spellmen" Alex said "it's nice to meet you" Harry said smiling brightly Alex felt drawn to that smile and smiled in return Madison noticed this and yanked Alex to her by her arm "im sorry Harry, Ron but we need to get a boat for the three of us quick before we're forced to seperate" she said quickly Alex made a pouting face "but Madison-"Alex was cut off by Cally who stepped forward "yea, if we get seperated at the boats then we may never find eachother until we get sorted into houses" she said quickly aswell Alex whirled around and looked at her other sister sadly "but Cally-" at this point Madison once again jumped in "it was nice meeting you both, hope we're in the same house" she said and started pushing a path in the crowd pulling Alex with her "bye-bye" Cally gave them a smile and wave before she too pushed forward Alex looked back and mouthed "sorry" and waved and then she couldnt see them any more.


there was much more chaos as the kids around scrambled to get boats with others they'd made friends with on the train. The girls managed to get themselve's a boat and were now the one among many boats floating in a lake that was taking them to the large castle school "...wicked" the three grils whispered in union staring at the castle in awe Alex looked from the castle to the fulled moon hanging in the sky right next to it, this would make a wonderful picture such a wonderful scene it was. Alex then looked down and at her sisters "why did you do that" she asked making her sister look down from the scene and at her "do what?"they both asked "dont act stupied" Alex said the twins looked at eachother and then at Alex "Al.." Cally started "you know that if you get too close to Grandpa then you could stop things from happening in the future.." Madison said the sisters gave Alex a sad look "what are you getting at?" Alex said getting angry "Alex you were smiling at him" Cally said sounding just as angry as Alex did but there was a hint of being impatient in her tone aswell "so? i didnt know i wasnt sappost to smile!" Alex said "Al it's okay to smile but you didnt just give him a smile" Madison said Cally and her looked at eachother again and the back at Alex "but the one you gave him was like the smile Mum gives Dad" they said in union Alex's eyes went wide "...excuse me?" she said "Alex your interested in Harry and we know it, thats why we did that, Alex you cant falled for Harry!" Madison finally got to the point of the conversation she yelled pretty loudly but not loud enough for everyone to know their business "if you and him fall in love you'll end our very existance!!" she added Alex stared at Madison for a moment blinked and then looked away. she turned her back from her sisters and didnt say another word.

the three girls were silent saw they stumbled out of their boat and entered a room and waited for a while, in that time the girls met a few people they like and a few they didnt, they met the schools ghost and saw Harry and Ron but avoided being seen or talking to them. soon they flooded out of the room to the stair infront of the great hall. the girls stoud all the way at he bottum of the stairs in the back. Alex could see Harry and Ron from where they were standing but she knew they probably couldnt see her or her sisters.the sisters still hadnt said a word to one another and the air around them was tense. Alex tugged and twisted her skirt nervously, she hated these moments with her sisters. this only happend ever once in a while where they'd get into a heated argument and then refuse to talk to one another but still stick together, the tention during this time usually made people avoid standing next to or around them for very long. during these fights each girl suffered, all three knew that the other two couldnt stand not talking to eachother but the triplets held too much pride to be the first to say something to break the walls set up, usually they all were forced to make up or sooner or later forgot they were even fighting and just went back to normal life together. Alex held in a breath and turned from the stairs to her sisters "i wont fall for him" she said taking them by surprise as she had notice Madison was staring at and was very interested in the many painting hanging from the wall the people inside them moved and talked and went from picture to picture while Cally seemed to be trying very hard to occupy herself but was failing as she boredly picked at her nails. both looked up "hm?" they said with cinfused looks "i wont fall for him" Alex repeated and looked at the floor "i wont even go near him if you guys want" she added Madison blinked stuned "well that depends" Madison said softly making alex look up slowly to see her grinning "can you keep yourself out of trouble like Cally probably wont?" she asked with a hint of amusement in her voice "hey!" Cally yelled pushing Madison with a pretty pissed off look on her face but once Madison started laughing her mouth split into a grin and she too laughed Alex smiled and giggled. as if on que the new students started climbing the stairs and entering the great hall. the girls followed holding the hand of one or both of their twins.

".....Madison.....Madison stop it....Madison if you pull my hair one more time....MADIS-" Cally whirled around while yelling but Madison panicing face cut her off when she said "we're not on that list!" Cally's face went white "what? what are you talking about?" she asked she saw that Alex was biting her nailed nervously "whats going on?" Cally asked Madison looked up at the sorting hat that sat on the stool infront of the new students and then at the teacher who held a rolled up list. the sorting hat was singing to everyone in the hall at the moment, Madison looked at Cally again "their going to call everyone by thier last names up to get sorted into the houses, Cally...we arent from this time so you know what that means right?.." Madison said Cally gave her sister a confused look before she too realized.....their names wouldnt be on that list. names were now being called as the girls began panicing.

"Abbott,Hannah!"

"What are we going to do?!" Cally said "i dont know...i dont know" Madison said running her hands nervously through her hair Cally grabed Madison by her shoulders and shook her wildy "you have to know! Maddy your the smart one!" Cally yelled "shh!!" Alex said glancing around "st-stop it Cally!" Madison "stop your making me dizzy!" with that Cally stopped instantly

"Bones,Susan!"

"i dont know what we can do Cal....theyre going to find out that we're not sappost to be here.." Madison said slowly "what if we get into big trouble and when we get back to our own time the ministry takes us away from Mum and Dad" Alex said panicing "dont say that" the other two said "what if they mistake us for Muggles and we get our memorys modified and we cant remeber anything of what's happended!" Alex said "Alex!" her sisters hissed making her fall silent

"Boot,Terry!"

"im sorry" Alex whispered and then she started thinking of being taken from her foster family, they'd bin there for so long it was like they were the real blood and flesh deal, Emma and Jack were great parents, they adopted the girls because Emma couldnt have children. Alex thought more and more about being taken away from them and then her and her sisters being moved from foster home to foster home and the soon end up being split apart from eachother. Alex tried to picture herself growing up with out Cally and Madison. Alex raised her hands to her face as tears leaked out of her eyes and down her cheeks. Madison and Cally stared wide eyed "AL-nooo dont cry" Cally cooed wraping and arm over Alex's shoulder

"Brocklehurst,Mandy!"

"what if...What is we get taken from Mum and Dad and then they seperate us.... what if after this we never see eachother again.." Alex said between her sobs Cally rubbed her back whispering that that would never happen that everything would be okay but Madison knew....Alex might be right. underaged Witched and wizards werent sappost to do the things that her Cally and Alex have just done a few hours ago and anyone who did would put their parents in big trouble but since Emma and Jack werent the girl's real parents the ministry could deem them unfit to adopt and take the girls away, and there was a chance that they'd also think that the girls would grow up better if there were abart and really seperate them.

"Brown, Lavender!"

Alex continued to sobed while clenching Cally's robes "please Alex it'll be okay...right Madison" Cally said looking up at her other sister, Cally didnt know if it would be alright and she hoped that it would be Madison usually knew about this stuff so hopfully she'd nod and tell them nothing would happen but Madison only swallowed down hard and look away making Alex break into harder sobs

"Bulstrode, Millicent!"

"im not sure what will happend to us but i know what we can do now" Madison said wiping her sister face of the tear but more just replaced them "but...but what if-" Madison shushed her crying sister "dont say that Al, dont worry we wont be seperated, we came into this world together and we leave this world together no ministry is going to seperate us" she said with a determined face Alex stoped crying, her eyes puffym her nose red, her face tear stained she forced a smiled as she sniffled

"Finch-Fletchley,Justin!"

"so...what do we do?" Cally asked "you see that man right there?" Madison said pointing to a very old looking man who sat in the center of the table where all the teachers sat "yea" Cally noded so did Alex "if my guess is right that must be Ablus Dumbledore, he's the head master" Madison explained her sisters noded with confused faces "yes but what does the head master have to do with what we can do to save ourselve from this?" Cally asked "Albus Dumbldore was a very wise and powerful wizard, the only one Voldemort really feared" Alex whispered to Cally "ooooh...so then what are we going to do?" she asked "we're going to tell him what happend" Madison said

"Granger, Hermione!"

"WHAT?!?!"Cally yelled but couldnt be heard over the sorting hat that yelled "GRYFFINDOR!" "what do you mean tell him what happend what if-" Madison gave Cally a stern look making her stop Alex started crying again "we are going to be seperated arent we?"Alex said "now look what you've done!" Madison hissed at Cally pulling Alex into her arms "what ive done? your the one who's trying to get us-" "Cally!" Madison cut her off and then glare at her sister when Alex started crying harder again

"Longbottum, Neville!"

the girls feel silent beside Alex's crying. for a long time their was no yelling from the sorting hat "im sorry Alex, dont worry nothing will happen" Cally said trying to calm her sister down Alex was quiet when the sorting hat yelled "GRYFFINDOR!" she wiped her eyes and stepped away from Madison "this is the only thing we can do right now" Madison said "when everyone is sorted we go to Dumbledore explain the matter and ask for his help" it was a while before the other two noded. the stoud side by side as people were called and sorted

"Macdougal, Morg!"
"Malfoy,Draco!"
"Moon!"
"Nott!"
"Parkison!"
"Patil!"
"Patil!"
"Perks,Sally-Anne!"
"Potter,Harry!"

the girls looked up when Harry sat at the stool and then the hat went over his head. Alex looked at the teachers table to see that Dumbledore was looking at them....no looked at the new firstyears not at them. but as she stared more she seemed to belive that he was looking at them. it had bin a few minutes now and finally the hat yelled "GRYFFINDOR!!" and the gryffindor table burst into screams and cheers as Harry potter went to their table.soon Cally turned and looked at her sister "we cant tell him, wh-what if he..." Cally went silent "what is ..you know, happends" Alex said for her "even if we're taken from Mum and Dad if we stick together then there's no way the minstry can seperate us" Madison said "no!" Cally hissed "i will not let you risk it!" she said "what else can we do! they're going to know either way!" Madison hissed back Alex sighed as she was standing in the middle of the three and now was the only thing seperating them from hurting eachother as they hissed words back and forth to eachother which went on for a while Alex just tuned them out and let her mind wonder.

"......Spellmen, Alex!"

Alex was brought back to her thoughts as her name was called along with the fake last name that Cally had made up only moments ago. this seemed to silence her sisters as the stopped glareing at eachother and looked at Alex. Alex stoud still, maybe it was just dumb luck that Cally had picked the last name of girl there and Alex and her just happend to share the same name. Alex expected to see some girl in her robes hurry to the stool to be sorted but no one move and many looked around to see who this Alex spellmen was.

"Spellmen, Alex!"

The teacher now too was looking in the crowd of first years for the unknown girl wondering if she heard. "AL" Cally whisper "go.." Madison finished both girls pushed Alex forward, she stumbled and the made her way through some firstyears until she stoud before the teacher and the stool where the sorting hat sat "are you Alex?" the teacher asked Alex slowly noded "well the sit dear, sit" the teacher said Alex walked up to the stool and sat down all eye where on her, and all eyes were the last thing she saw before the hat was placed on her head and went over her eyes." hmmm" said a small voice "this is very hard let's see.....very sharp i see maybe Ravenclaw......but your also very loyal and that a trait of hufflepuff... not very brave but its enough for Gryffindor....your thirst to be better....perhaps slytherin...not you wouldnt fit in there then it shall be...GRYFFINDOR!!" the hat yelled the house out to everyone and the Gryffindor table cheered Alex sighed in relief her first though was she was going to wash her hair a few times when she got the chance, the sorting hat felt pretty dirty "i heard that" the Hat said making Alex go a bit pink, it was pulled off her head and Alex walked to the Gryffindor table she ended up across from Harry who smiled at her and welcomed her to Gryffindor Alex smiled in return but in her mind she was worried that Madison and Cally wouldnt be called, she looked into the crowd to see her sisters clinging to eachother's robes if fear.

"Spellmen, Madison!"

Madison stepped forward and went to the stool, she sat down and the hat hat was placed on her head. Madison didnt move when she felt the hat shift a bit on her head as all she saw was the inside of the hat. "hmm.....right" it said appearing to be looking at Facts that Madison knew "....thats right too...perhaps Ravenclaw...." the hat said to her Madison was very calm at this

'put me in Gryffindor' she thought the hat stoped moving
"Gryffindor? but you fit into Ravenclaw perfact" it said
'my sister is in Gryffindor'
"she belonged in Gryffindor"
'then so do i'
"are you sure?, with your smarts you could go far"
'i realize that'
"and Ravenclaw will do nothing else but help"

Madison blinked crossing her fingers "no?....your sure? ....alright...GRYFFINDOR!" the hat yelled and was pulled off of Madison who calmly got off the stool and then took off running for the Gryffindor table so she could hug her sister "are we still going to tell Dumbledore?"Alex whispered Madison paused thinking for a moment she then looked into the firstyears still not sorted Alex followed her glance Cally was figiting she was nervous, very nervous she nervously tugged at her hair and twisted it around her finger and Madison and Alex almost instantly did the same thing with the same hand in the same spot. it was another weird thing some twins and triplets share. like most twins and triplets, they copy eachother right down to the way they breath.even though Madison,Alex,and Cally developted and had their own personalitys they could be like eachother so well it was like they were one person split into three, they had a spiritual,mental,emitonal,and phisical connection Madison had read, if one did something the other almost as a reflect did the same, they shared emotions if they were strong, and usually but rarely since the girls never really did anything dangerous ,they'd share pain. that was found out when the girls went to their first and last muggle foster family. the girls were hanging around a tree in the backyard and the couple that adopted them just stoud to the side and smiled Cally had fallen from the tree and broke her leg. she had cried and screamed about her leg hurting and that she couldnt walk, shortly after Madison started to scream and cry about her leg hurting and that she couldnt walk and after that Alex started to cry and scream about her leging hurting and that she couldnt walk but she screamed and cried louder which in turned made the other girls scream and cry louder. when all three girls were checked surprisingly all three girls had a broken leg, the same leg, the same kind of break, and in the same place.

"Spellmen, Cally!"

Cally shoved her way through the remaining kids and ploped herself on the stool the hat was placed over her eyes "there isnt much to say, you should be in slytherin" the hat spoke Cally's mouth hung open 'no' she thought "you too?" the hat asked 'im not going in slytherin do you know what happends to them?' Cally though "you fit in their perfactly" the Hat said 'look here you stupied dirty old hat-' Cally thought "dont you talk to me like that girl" the hate argued with Cally 'why cant i? your just a hat!' Cally argued back"why you direspectfully little.." Meanwhile Madison and Alex watched Cally's liped twist in anger and Madison sighed "is....is she arguing with the sorting hat?" Alex asked in a whisper Madison rolled her eyes and noded ".....yupe..." was all she said and shortly after the Hat bellowed with an angry yell that made his voice louder "GRYFFINDOR!!!!" the hat taken off Cally's head and she walked over to her sisters with a large smirk on her face. this went on and the girls found out that Ron Weasley would be joining them as a Gryffindor.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment