Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - About The Characters-Hades & Harusame

Hi everyone! Welcome to my first ever original creation; HADES, a dark fantasy/romance! In this ‘Yo Hades!’ section I’ll take you behind the scenes with notes on character profiles, background story and other stuff. Please enjoy ^^v

-Miya

Chapter 2 - About The Characters-Hades & Harusame

Chapter 2 - About The Characters-Hades & Harusame
Hades: our quiet, mildly irritable hero of the story. He is Death in human form; his age and nationality are unknown, but he takes the appearance of a teenage boy and speaks fluently in all the languages of our world. His physical appearance is dark and mysterious-he is always clothed in black, with black wristbands and boots. His eyes are a striking violet blue, with spiky purple hair always falling in front of them. His face is chiselled and handsome but somewhat expressionless as though wearing a mask; and he is a man of few words.

Hades is a loner by nature, not knowing how to be anything else. He doesn’t dislike contact with humans-just finds it pointless. He considers himself more knowledgeable and wise than mortals (and hates to be proved otherwise; becoming sulky and moody if outwitted) and over the years has become disillusioned by watching their selfish and greedy desires cause destruction. Hades actually takes physical form on earth but humans subconsciously choose not to see him as his presence would somewhat upset them; he sees this as more proof of their ignorance and closed-mindedness. Hades likes very much to play chess, despite being very bad at it, and has a penchant for cinnamon buns. He is very kind and gentle deep down, but shut his heart away long ago to avoid the inevitable devastation his job would cause should he become emotionally involved. He seems a little cold and uncaring but is simply used to doing his job all alone, his own way. His strong sense of duty, order and pre-determinism often clash with Harusame’s firm beliefs that humans choose their own destiny.

~~~

Harusame: 17 years old, our beautiful, bright heroine. She was diagnosed with a terminal illness when she was little and as such has very weak physical health. Despite this, she remains positive and cheerful-this is not a façade so much as her coping mechanism. She first encounters Death at age 6, affectionately nicknaming him ‘Hades’ when he tells her he ‘ferries souls to the next world’, but sadly he is actually there to claim her mother Nanoe’s life, leaving her orphaned.

Not wishing to be a burden to anyone else for any longer Harusame leaves the orphanage at 15; finds a small apartment which she rents from a kindly older lady Kamiya-san, and works part time as a waitress after school to pay for it. This leaves her with little time for a social life-which suits her just fine. Having lost her mother at an early age she understands the pain of loss and promises she will never cause anybody this kind of pain upon her death, therefore denying herself any close friends. She is taller than most girls her age and is bewitchingly beautiful with long dark hair, bright green eyes, a slim figure, and a cool, calm demeanour. This makes her very popular with both boys and girls at her school but she is completely oblivious to this. Harusame is very awkward around people, feeling she doesn’t really belong in the world of the living yet deep down she yearns for a friend. She is delighted when Hades comes for her again, feeling she has spent her whole life waiting for him. She is very fond of the sombre young man and is never put off by his lack of enthusiasm for answering her incessant questions; becoming a happy-go-lucky chatterbox whenever they are together.


These two have much to learn from each other. Let’s watch over them as they go.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment