Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Meaning

How many times have people attempted this?....

Chapter 1 - The Meaning

Chapter 1 - The Meaning


Yeah, Yeah, A million people have tried to guess, 'the meaning of life.'
The whole reason we exist, why we live, why we die, many people have tried, and failed to understand it.
Saying that, I must admit that I am not entirely sure that my theory is exact either,
but of all the meanings I can think of, this one, has the most meaning to it.

For an average student, your day is; you wake up, get dressed, have breakfast, maybe brush your teeth, take a shower, grunt at your parents,
and then you go to school. Maybe you chat a bit with your family, but I'm sure sometime you've said:
'Why do I go to school?' You ask your parents.
'So you can learn and get a good job.' Your parents reply.
'Why do I want a good Job?' You ask your parents.
'So you can get lots of money.' Your parents reply.
'Why do I want so much money?' you ask your parents.
'So you can pay for your food and supplies to ensure you live.' Your parents reply
'Why do I want to live?' You ask your parents.
'STOP ASKING SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!' Your parents reply.
Asking questions just makes you more confused, so we simply have learnt to deal with it.

The simple answer, to the meaning of Life is;
THERE IS 'NO' MEANING!!!
Well, are you flattered? Some of you might be thinking now: 'But I have a life and freinds and stuff! It can't all be worthless?'
Not worthless in the big picture, but even so, it's worthless in the end.

Look at yourself, you live, inevitably you die, and in the middle, you don't make much difference in the world.
Many people say, but the beggining of everything! Evoloution, the big bang, why?
To tell you the truth, we're all puppets, being used, by some greater force.
Many people have theories about that. Gods, Goddesses, Fairies, Pixies, Ghouls whatever!
Really, humans will never understand this 'stronger force' so it's no use trying to get it!
You hear on the news about the scientests trying to discover things, the moon landing, all that stuff, it's pointless.
No one will ever understand the TRUE meaning of life, because we are inferiors compared to the 'stronger forces' that control us.

But why do we keep living? why do we still exist? well, for some strange reason we are needed. Maybe we're just entertainment to 'them',
or maybe they need us for something.
No one knows, because it's not possible to tell.
Of course, if we all knew about this truth, why don't we all just kill ourselves?
Two words: Human Emotions.
We live everyday because we can't die, since its painful, and because of other emotions that stop us.
But the one thing that really keeps us clinging on, is Hope.
Hope is an emotion, some how given to us so that we don't die, because we believe that somewhere, someday we can get to where the grass is greener.

As is stated before, the stronger forces still need us. Or else we wouldn't feel hope, or pain, and we'd simply die out, which the superiors don't want us to do.
In this difficult world where we don't understand anything (like why can we reproduce? How is it possible? How can we live? Feel? Breath?)
We don't know, and that makes us feel bad, so we like to put our mind off things using entertainment.
You see it everywhere. Tv shows, movies, books, internet, even school, mere pastimes that we use to forget about our insignificance.
There are many people, that take their lives everyday, because their lives have gone beyond hope, beyond reason.
We try to stop them, try to teach them about hope, but they understand, they understand that they're being used.. Yet the stronger force does not stop them?
Really, what is a mere million people or so when there's plenty more humans to use? It's all good for them, they still need us, and we'll still be there.
There, through hope, through love, through emotion, we fight to live on, to somehow uncover the truth, to understand everything.
We won't ever get there, to understand it, but at least we're trying, and we can die in the peace of knowing that...



(c) 2006 Tom


Notes:
When you ask the question 'what is the meaning of life?' You never get answers. Only opinions. This is merely my opinion.
If you choose to follow it or not, that is your choice.

Comments would be appreciated :D I never get comments :(

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

atikira on February 11, 2006, 1:44:39 PM

atikira on
atikiraHow true, how true.

I love your writing... >_>;

FFXgirl on January 25, 2006, 9:27:44 AM

FFXgirl on
FFXgirlThis was EXELENT!!!! It must of been hard to think of this!!! I think everything you said is true.