Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Mountain Training

Aang,Sokka,and Katara have to cross one last small country to get to the North Pole. Problem is, they are stuck on the mountain covered country.

Chapter 4 - Mountain Training

Chapter 4 - Mountain Training


Paltor City was covered in the apricot glow of the setting sun. The city was filled with people working, preparing for the coming holiday. Paltor City celebrated two holidays more then any other, the Summer Solstice, and the Winter Solstice.

The Winter Solstice is a holiday because mysteries things happen then.

Paltor City has never even heard of the war, as well as ignorant to the bending arts. Only one known man on Paltor Island knows of the war, and how to firebend.

South East of the large city lay the Paltor Mountains. Among these mountains is one of the largest and most legendary mountain ever, Tosano Mountain.

It is said that a young man, Draco Suzan, had trained for years inside Tosano. One year after the training he defeated the present Fire Lord. Draco was kind and adopted a young boy, but soon Draco had become a mad man. He drafted in men from all over the Fire Nation to take the word as his own in a giant war. But Draco didn't get a chance to raid, dying of old age. But he left the war to his adopted son, Ozia.

Now a man, an ex-commander, was training as well on that mountain.

Halfway up the mountain was a large cave. The cave light up every now-and-the, as though a living fire was angry at the walls.

Inside, was a man with black hair that reached his shoulders. His bangs drooped sadly over his eyes. His body was covered in scratches and burns even though it was winter,

The man shot flames out of his fists, throwing them furiously at cave walls.

This man's name is Zhao.



Emily was with her mother decorating their house for the big day.

“Emily dear,” Her mother called,” please pick up some fruits from the market. “

Emily skipped down the dirt path to the town market.

She looked around to see a young man selling nuts and berries. And to her left walked three men in solid black cloaks with straw hats.

Emily neared the market as she couldn't be more joyful.



Zhao sat on a rock, rubbing his bare feet that were covered in blisters. He needed water, to drink and bathe.

Zhao walked downhill, looking for a lake, a pond, anything that could quench his thirst.

Zhao herd the screech of an eagle from behind him. He turned around barely seeing the eagle fly, not an inch, above his head.

The eagle's surprise attack was to much for Zhao. He lost his footing and fell downhill.

His body rolled down though the pebbles, snow, and patches of grass here and there.

Zhao's body came to complete halt by a giant rock that stood in his way.

The unconscious body of the ex-commander lay there as the night crept forwards.



The sun was setting and Emily had to come in for the night.

Only six weeks were left until the Winter Solstice. Even though the Winter Solstice is the shortest day of the year, it's also celebrated on the day before the solstice.





An old man lay in a dark scarlet bed. His mind had been strained from the war he had been in. But his loved ones still surrounded him, comforting him. A man stood next to bed, with his little boy next to him. Across from the man stood his wife, who was pregnant.

In the shadows, a young man leaned against the wall. His eyes were drawn on the little boy. This young man smiled an eerie smile.



Zhao eyes opened. His back was in pain. He looked up into the sky, it was morning. But some clouds were heading in from the east. He needed to head back to the cave. He stood up, his whole body ached and was bruised.

“What do you want us to do?” said an echoing voice from the shadows of the trees behind Zhao. Zhao eyes widened with surprise. He turned around to trees. Nothing was there.

“We await your orders commander.” The voice same voice said.

“Leave me alone!” Zhao said, “I have no more power over you! I've been fired!”

“We were commanded to take orders from you, not the fire nation commander.”

A grin stretched out across Zhao's face. “Go, and find that spoiled `prince'.”

There was no replier. Zhao had guessed they went to do there mission.

The voices had given Zhao hope. He now had what needed to finish his training, control.



Thunder capped over the mountains.

In Zhao's cave a small fire provided light for the man. His head rested on a nearby rock. What if the voices were in his head? They did sound like echoes. But they were trained that way, in the way of the D.B.



Zhao fell asleep, dreaming of the little boy being trained by fire-bending masters.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

FFXgirl on January 23, 2006, 8:33:41 AM

FFXgirl on
FFXgirlThis chapter is Great!!!! I love this story so much!!! I'm going to read the next one now!!!

BlackRose_Archer on August 28, 2005, 7:08:35 AM

BlackRose_Archer on
BlackRose_ArcherWh00t! This is really interesting! *waits* well? Where's the next chapter?