Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Dont Forget

Another one of those oh-so short stories. This one is about two young people who are in love and forced to part.

Chapter 1 - Dont Forget

Chapter 1 - Dont Forget


As their lips met one last time, her heart fluttered just as it did the first time. She forgot he was leaving for one moment. She had quick daydreams flash through her mind of them growing old together, just as she did when they first met. Every one of these happy little moments seemed to be pried away from her as he left her arms.

She saw the hurt in his eyes. This instantly brought her self-pity crashing to the ground. She just wanted to hold him and make him feel better but she knew she couldn't change anything at all. This realization brought warm tears to her eyes. She didn't even know they were there until she felt the warmth on her cold cheek.

There were no words for this moment. She wanted to say everything and nothing at the same time but what was the point? He knew everything she was thinking. She could see the look in his eyes the same look she imagined she must have had at this moment, the emptiness and sorrow. A look of grief so strong a stranger would have thought someone close had just passed away. They did mourn that day. It was as if someone had died, the way they would leave each other forever.

The loneliness they felt even in their last moments before they parted. They wanted to be happy in this moment, to create one final joyous memory but it was impossible to forget what was imminent, now. It was like being torn into two pieces to be separated. She knew he felt the same pain. She could see the look in his eyes as she imagined his thoughts as a reflection to her own.

He didn't need to utter a word as he pulled his hands away from hers. He did so unwillingly yet forceful, as if to let her know the time had come. Time aught up with them and their last moment of anything close to happiness ended abruptly.

She wanted to say so much as he got into the car but she couldn't speak a word for fear of exploding some waterfall within her eyes and letting him know how much it hurt her. She didn't want him to feel guilty for this. It couldn't be helped. She just hoped that he would move on in his life just as she would try to do, both turning to each other into just a lovely memory.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment