Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Riot Control

There is a strange presence in Jump City. Something strange lying behind all of the ominous snow. The Titans will have their hands full trying to figure out the mystery, but somehow a homeless boy might help them find the answers.

Chapter 2 - Riot Control

Chapter 2 - Riot Control


Chapter 2

Riot Control



Robin was quick to act, putting on his winter suit and jumping onto his motorcycle in what seemed to be one easy movement. He kicked the starter and sped into the snowy night, knowing that the others were hurrying behind him.

Beast Boy tossed Cyborg his coat. Cyborg slipped it on quickly then grabbed Beast Boy and tossed him into a closet across the room. Beast Boy jumped out of the closet and pulled a bunch of old socks off of his head. “We have to work a little more on that move… And get this closet cleaned.” He said, reaching back and grabbing his mittens.

Starfire giggled as she helped Beast Boy out of the pile of socks. Then she remembered the current situation and took on a slightly more serious tone. “We must hurry, Robin has already left.” She said, flying out of the room.

Raven was quiet as she pulled a sock out of Beast Boy's hair. “I don't even want to know who these belong to.” She said, dropping the sock on the floor and flying after Starfire.

Cyborg and Beast Boy caught up to the others quickly and they hurried to the scene of the disturbance. Robin had Starfire carry him to the roof of one of the buildings so they could get a look at the whole thing from a safe distance. “Looks like they're all after one thing… But I can't tell what from here. We'll have to split up and go in from every direction.” Robin told Starfire as she carried him back to the ground. Robin quickly formed his plan. “Cyborg, you go up the street from here and block them off from behind. Beast Boy, you go between the buildings and block all the exits to the east. I'll go the other way and block the west. Starfire, you fly past them and stop them from moving forward and causing anymore damage… And Raven, stay above them and try to find out what they are after and, if necessary, retrieve and protect it.” He said, looking at each of them seriously. Robin could tell that they were ready. “Titans… GO!” Robin shouted, letting the group split up and take care of their assigned jobs.

Raven flew quickly to find what was causing these people to riot. “This is strange… They all seem to be after one thing… But what?” She thought, looking through the crowd as closely as she could. She saw something else that seemed out of place. “All of the rioters are wearing the same style of jumpsuit… are they working together?” She thought, just as she got to the center of the commotion. Raven looked around and saw the others approaching from all sides. She sighed and looked back at the crowd, Raven noticed something new. It was a boy in the middle of all the action, fighting against everyone else. Raven waved over to Robin and pointed at the boy when she got his attention. “It's him! He is the one they're after!” She shouted to him.

Robin pushed a few of the rioters out of the way and saw the boy, fighting as hard as he could against a whole army. He looked up at Raven and signaled toward the boy. “Help him!” He shouted as the rioters began to notice the Titan's interference. Robin pulled out his retractable staff and began to fight off the attacking rioters.

Raven didn't waist a second flying over to the boy. Raven put a dark aura around one attacker's shoes and swung him into a small group of others. The boy, who had been fighting the mob with a strange kick based fighting style, saw the attacker being flung around by his shoes. The boy kicked one of the other attackers away so he could see who enchanted the attacker's shoes. Raven saw the boy looking around as though he was confused. He looked up at her and looked as though he forgot about the fight going on around him. “Look out!” She shouted at him, just before a large set of knuckles crashed across his face. The boy fell to the ground limply, Raven was sure he was out cold. “Great…” Raven sighed, putting a barrier around the unconscious boy.

The groups of attackers around the boy were surprised that they couldn't get to him, they were even more surprised when Raven landed in front of the boy and put up a fighting stance. Raven waited until they were closer, then she transported herself and the unconscious boy to safety. Raven looked down at the army of attackers and saw the others fighting through the army. Robin was knocking attackers away with his retractable staff, Starfire was swooping down and pushing the attackers into each other, Cyborg had picked up a fallen lamp post and was using it to hold back and advancing enemies, Beast Boy had turned into a rhinoceros and was knocking back any enemies that tried to escape through the allays.

Raven sighed and looked at the boy she had just saved, she was about to heal him when she noticed his bruises were already gone. She looked closer and saw that he wasn't out cold, but actually sleeping. “Now I know you aren't normal.” She said quietly, standing up again.

Raven watched the boy snore for a few seconds before Robin appeared behind her. “Is he okay?” Robin asked, looking down at the boy.

Raven nodded. “He'll be fine… What about those people who attacked him?” She said, looking over the edge of the building. Raven's eyes widened when she saw that only the destruction from the fight had been left behind.

Robin shook his head slowly. “I don't know… Somehow they all just disappeared. I think they were trained to run just in case they met us. I have Cyborg and Starfire scanning the city for clues on who they might have been.” He said, walking over to the unconscious boy and checking his pulse. “This kid might know something… I want you and Beast Boy to take him back to the tower and keep an eye on him until he wakes up.” He said, standing up and pulling the air powered grappling hook gun out of his belt. “I'll be asking a few sources about information on who the attackers were, call me when the boy wakes up.” Robin said just before he shot the grappling hook and swung off into the snowy sky.

Beast Boy landed next to Raven in the form of a snow owl. He transformed back into a kid and looked down at the unconscious kid. Beast Boy shivered as he looked at the boy. He had a joke in his head but, for some reason, he didn't want to tell it. “We should get back to the tower… The snow is getting pretty harsh.” Beast Boy said, standing up strait and looking at Raven.

Raven was still looking at the boy as he snored lightly. “Yeah… I guess you're right.” She said, feeling strange. “Something is strange with this boy… He has a strange power, but I can't tell what it is yet.” She thought as she summoned her soul self to carry the three of them back to the tower.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Teen_Titans_Lover on January 13, 2006, 4:27:16 AM

Teen_Titans_Lover on
Teen_Titans_Lovercoolio!!

terry_titanqueen on January 11, 2006, 10:44:53 PM

terry_titanqueen on
terry_titanqueenDUDE I LOVE THIS STORY IT ROCKS!!!!! *-*

nicole_titans on January 10, 2006, 7:30:02 AM

nicole_titans on
nicole_titansCyborggirl just took the words off of my mouth! Awesome story!

cyborggirl on January 3, 2006, 9:01:15 PM

cyborggirl on
cyborggirlOoooooooh it's true! You really are good! Mine is nothing caompared to this!