Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - First Impressions

There is a strange presence in Jump City. Something strange lying behind all of the ominous snow. The Titans will have their hands full trying to figure out the mystery, but somehow a homeless boy might help them find the answers.

Chapter 3 - First Impressions

Chapter 3 - First Impressions


Chapter 3

First imressions



Raven and Beast Boy got the unconscious boy to the tower infirmary and made sure he was alright before they went to the living room to wait for the others. Beast Boy was oddly quiet for a while. “Is it just me, or does something not feel right about all this... I mean what if he is some kind of criminal or someone who is planning something sinister and this is all a set up for a big trap?” Beast Boy said, pacing around the couch as he pondered. “What if he's some kind of bait to hook us into something even we can't handle?” He asked, looking worried.

Raven sighed and sat down on the couch. “We can't know for sure about anything like that until we get a chance to talk to him… Some does feel weird about him though.” Raven said, sounding far away. Raven kept picturing him sleeping, something about him made her feel different. Raven came back to the real world after a few seconds and looked at Beast Boy inquisitively. “What kind of trap would he bait for anyway?” She asked, sounding as though she was expecting a stupid answer.

Beast Boy looked serious for a second before he said. “A killer diet pill pyramid scheme!” Beast Boy sounded as though that was his actual idea. “Think about it… With us distracted with the kid, all kinds of toxic capsules are being labeled as the new diet craze. It's only a matter of time before the toxic diet fraud becomes lethal.” He said, looking as though he had just solved the mystery.

Raven sighed and sunk her head into her hands. “Brilliant deduction… Chalk one up for Beast Boy.” Raven said sarcastically.

The computer began to beep suddenly. Raven checked what was going on and saw something weird in the infirmary. “The boy must be waking up.” Raven said slowly, turning to Beast Boy. “You go see if you can talk to him, I'll call Rabin and tell him the boy's new condition.” Raven turned back to the computer and pressed the call button, she hesitated when she saw the increase of activity in the infirmary. “You better hurry Beast Boy, I think he might be scared about where he woke up.” She said, glancing back at Beast Boy quickly.

Beast Boy walked out of the room quickly after he saw the readings coming from the infirmary. “Maybe I'm the one who should be scared… Who knows what kind of reaction he could have to strange people in a strange place.” He said to himself, stopping in front the infirmary door. Beast Boy took a deep breath and opened the door. He walked in slowly and looked around quickly. The boy had gone missing. Beast Boy pulled out his communicator and called Raven urgently. “Big problem! He's gone!” Beast Boy shouted, searching the room more carefully.

Suddenly, Beast Boy was hit by a metal tray. He reeled around and rubbed the back of his head, where he was hit. Beast Boy saw the boy standing there with the now dented metal tray, looking scared and nervous. “Sheu aroi psuy?” The boy asked, dropping the tray and backing away.

Beast Boy stepped forward with his hands out to show that he didn't have any weapons. “Calm down… You're okay.” Beast Boy told the boy, trying to sound calm.

The boy edged toward the door, keeping an eye on Beast Boy. “Sthas ashas xroiine unei!” The boy said, trying to sound scary. The boy turned and ran out the door and through the hall.

Beast Boy felt hesitant to follow. He felt the bump on his head and felt a little dizzy. Beast Boy saw the dented tray the boy used as a weapon. “I'm glad he only hit my head… I don't really use it that much anyway.” He joked, laughing at himself for a second before he remembered he was alone. “Right…” Beast Boy sighed, running after the boy.

Raven was listening to the disturbance with her communicator. “Beast Boy… What was all that noise?” She asked into the communicator.

Beast Boy held up his communicator and responded as he ran. “The boy we found is too scared to talk… Not that it would do any good, he is speaking a strange language.” Beast Boy said, rounding a corner to see the boy bashing his way through a door. “I'll get back to you.” Beast Boy told Raven quickly before he put away his communicator.

The boy saw Beast Boy and looked frightened, he turned to face Beast Boy and tried to look scary. “Xith dagxi!” The boy shouted, snapping his right foot behind him in a strong kick that knocked the door down. The boy turned and kept running.

Beast Boy kept following him, trying not to get too close and scare the boy. “Wait! I'm not going to hurt you… I'm a friend.” Beast Boy said, feeling panicked as he followed the boy.

The boy didn't seem to want to listen, he kept running in fear. He moved quickly to stay ahead of Beast Boy. “Liaphi mui alunei! Eh shehll neuth thalxi!” The boy shouted in his incomprehensible language. “Sthas ashas xroiine unei!” The boy shouted continuously as he ran away from Beast Boy.

The boy let himself get cornered after a few minutes of running, Beast Boy felt completely winded. “I… Just want… to help.” Beast Boy gasped as he walked closer to the boy.

Beast Boy stopped and tried to catch his breath, he looked up at the scared boy he had been chasing through the tower and saw that his eyes were glowing. “Eh saehde, liaphi mui alunei!” The boy shouted, charging right past Beast Boy, knocking Beast Boy down as he ran past. “Eh deu neuth shaneth thu eyroth psuy!” The boy called back to Beast Boy as he ran away.

Beast Boy just sat there for a second and watched the boy run. He pulled out his communicator again and called Raven. “Your turn… He doesn't want to talk to me.” Beast Boy said, lying back to rest after the chase.

Raven heard the call and sighed, getting up to find the boy and see if she would have any luck talking to him. “Robin better get here soon… I'm not sure I can baby sit the new kid and Beast Boy at the same time for very long.” She mumbled, slowly walking through the hall.

A small noise came from behind Raven, she turned around the see the boy trying to sneak away. She cleared her through to get his attention. “Eh amu suroros… Eh gane neuth zehxeth psuy.” The boy said slowly without turning to look at Raven.

Raven listened carefully to the tone of the boy's voice, she could tell that he was scared but didn't want to fight. Raven approached the boy slowly. “It's okay… You're safe here.” She told the boy calmly.

The boy turned around to look at Raven, when he recognized her he looked down at his feet and said, quietly. “Eh amu suroros.”

Raven didn't know what the boy was saying but she could tell he was becoming less frightened. “My name is Raven… What is your name?” She asked, hoping the boy would understand.

The boy seemed to hesitate, but he put his hand on his chest and said. “Mus neamui ehs… Tom.” Tapping his chest when he said Tom.

Raven nodded in understanding. “Good, Tom, you can understand English.” She said, trying to move closer to him.

Tom nodded. “Of course I understand… It was the first language I learned.” He told her, stepping back cautiously. “I'm uncomfortable around strangers.” He informed her, trying to sound polite.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

terry_titanqueen on January 12, 2006, 11:19:00 PM

terry_titanqueen on
terry_titanqueenu r on my favs list too!!!!! rrrr.... i am soo jelose your sooo... good!!!

cyborggirl on January 3, 2006, 9:04:21 PM

cyborggirl on
cyborggirlAwesome last line! This is favs and your on my fav authors! ;)