Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - The Dancing Fiend

There is a strange presence in Jump City. Something strange lying behind all of the ominous snow. The Titans will have their hands full trying to figure out the mystery, but somehow a homeless boy might help them find the answers.

Chapter 6 - The Dancing Fiend

Chapter 6 - The Dancing Fiend


Chapter 6

The dancing fiend



Robin led the team down town, past the area where the earlier disturbance was. They were close to the pizza place where they normally hang out when they heard something moving through the snow. “Look out team… We don't know what's out there.” Robin told the titans quietly as he looked around the snowy street.

A strange noise came from down the street, it sounded like a car flipping over. Tom felt nervous as he stood behind Cyborg and Beast Boy. “What was that?” Tom asked Cyborg quietly.

Cyborg's robotic eye was bleeping as he looked through the falling snow. “It's a small group of punks… They look like they're… Dancing.” Cyborg told the group quietly, walking over to Robin. “What's the plan?”

Robin looked back at the other titans. “Sneak attack.” He whispered, disappearing into the snow.

Tom was surprised at how quiet the titans were as they made themselves invisible in the snow. “Wait… What are you doing?” He asked, trying to follow Beast Boy. Tom quickly lost track of the titans and found himself lost in the snow. “Great… First night out as a titan and you can't even keep up, good going genius.” He said to himself scornfully as he tried to figure out what to do next.

Robin could see the trouble makers dancing through the dark streets, they looked well rehearsed as they slid in unison toward another car. It was strange to see the punks flip the car as though it was part of a destructive dance number. “Okay… that's only a little weird.” Robin thought, waiting to see any of the other titans in position before the attack.

Beast Boy was across the street, watching the punks as a large wolf. “These guys have some pretty good moves… To bad I have to kick their butts.” He thought, turning back into a kid and waving over to Robin. Robin waved back and waited a few more second to see if the other titans were in position.

Starfire had managed to fly past the punks without being seen, she saw that all the punks were dressed in the same white parka and red goggles. Starfire flew around quickly to see if she could fid the leader of the gang, it wasn't to hard fortunately. He was standing on top of one of the flipped cars, two other tough looking punks stood close to him. The boss was dressed in a fancy white snow suit rather then just a parka, his red goggles seemed to glow brighter then the others. The two standing next to him weren't dressed the same as the other punks either, like they were more important then the other punks. One was a red haired girl, she wore a red jumpsuit that didn't look as though it should have kept her warm. The other was a huge, hairy man, who looked as though he was wearing a thick fur coat, but it could have just been his own hair. “They look formidable… not to mention their subordinates travel in great numbers.” She thought, waving down to Robin to show she was ready.

Robin ran in and slid across the snowy street, using his retractable staff to trip the group of punks who had just flipped the car. “Titans, GO!” He shouted, running through the falling white powder to attack the next group.

Tom heard the call coming from the opposite direction. “Darn… I'm not even going the right way.” He said, smacking himself on the head as he tried to find his way to battle.

The gang leader looked up and was able to see the titan's through the snow. “What the… I know y'all ain't tryin' to come up and mess with Snow Man and his Yeti Boy Gang.” He said, shaking his finger at Starfire. He looked down at the red haired girl standing next to him. “Lacy, baby, go show them we own this town now.” He said, blowing a kiss to her.

Lacy stepped forward and looked up at Starfire. “With pleasure Snow Man.” She said, jumping into the air in a fire ball. She seemed to have control over fire, which let her rocket through the night skies. Starfire was barely able to move out of the way in time, but Lacy missed and Starfire was able to counter attack.

Snow Man looked at the large hairy man, who didn't seem smart enough to know how to talk. “Help out the troops, Fuzzy.” He demanded, pointing at Beast Boy. Fuzzy nodded and began to dance over to Beast Boy. “You can't beat the stylin' moves of my Yeti Boys.” Snow Man yelled at the titans.

Cyborg and Raven were standing in the place of Snow Man's two lieutenants, both ready to attack. “Guess again punk.” Cyborg said, aiming his sonic cannon at Snow Man. “Give up now and we won't have to kick your butt.”

Snow Man chuckled at Cyborg's threat. “I don't think I have to worry too much about that… Do I boys?” He said, starting to dance on the car he was standing on. Cyborg and Raven were both grabbed by half a dozen of yeti boys each, surprised that they were ambushed so easily. “You can't fight the Snow Man in the snow, it just ain't done like that.” Snow Man said, spinning around pointing at Raven. “Take her apart.”

Beast Boy had his hands full, trying to fight his giant, hairy attacker. He saw Raven being attacked by the group of yeti boys. “Hey leave her…” Beast Boy shouted before he was smacked by Fuzzy's massive fist. Beast Boy wanted to help but he was busy trying not to get squished by the hairy behemoth.

Starfire heard Snow Man's command and flew down to help, but she was hit from behind by a ball of fire. “Don't tell me you forgot about me… I'm so hurt.” Lacy said sarcastically as she threw another fireball.

Robin knew what was going on, manly because he was experiencing a similar problem. The Yeti Boys had surrounded him, and there didn't seem to be an end to their numbers. He was able to hold them off but he didn't know how long he would be able to keep it up.

Cyborg was throwing the Yeti Boys off of himself, but more just kept jumping on. He saw what they were doing to Raven, they were trying to rip her apart like they were told. “Yo! We aren't action figures, our limbs don't come off.” Cyborg shouted, throwing one Yeti boy into four others. Cyborg began to run to Raven, but was quickly tackled by a large group of Yeti Boys.

Raven tried to escape, but the Yeti Boys were stronger then they looked and they knew to cover her mouth so she couldn't chant. Snow Man was dancing on the car faster. “That's right titans… you're all going to get ripped apart by me and my yeti boys… No one will forget our names after this.” Snow Man said happily as he spun around again, He pointed to Raven and ran his left index finger across his throat. “Finish the job.”

The Yeti Boys began to pull, but were quickly thrown aside by a set of golden fists. “No one is getting dismembered as long as I have something to say about it.” Tom said, grabbing a Yeti Boy's hand and tossing him at Snow Man. Tom helped Raven up and made sure she was okay. “Sorry I took so long… I got a little lost.” He said, innocently.

Snow Man got frustrated. “What? There are six of you? All the papers said there was only five... Whatever, Yeti Boys!” He said, sounding very angry. All the Yeti Boys stopped their attack and regrouped around Snow Man, as did his two lieutenants. “Alright gang, lets teach the titans how to grove.” He said, pointing at the titans and tapping his foot. “First wave… Attack.” He shouted, sending the front line of crazed dancers to fight the titans.

The titans had all regrouped to rethink the strategy. “Raven, Starfire, attack from above. Cyborg, Beast Boy, fight them head on. Tom, come with me.” Robin said quickly as he ran into an alley. Tom followed closely as the others went of to fight.

Starfire blasted the pavement in front of the Yeti Boys to knock them down as Raven picked up the rubble fragments Sterfire's blast left behind and threw them at the other Yeti Boys with her magic. Cyborg and Beast Boy charged in head first, Beast Boy turned into a Polar Bear and smacked the Yeti Boys aside as Cyborg followed up with his fists.

Tom followed Robin around the building, they snuck up on Snow Man and his lieutenants quietly. Robin pointed at Lacy. “Take her down quickly, I'll take the hairy one. Then we can focus on Snow Man.” Robin said, running silently over to Fuzzy.

Tom did as he was told and ran up behind Lacy without a sound. Neither she, nor Snow Man could react quick enough to stop Tom's attack, he was behind her before either of them noticed. Tom put his left hand over Lacy's mouth to stop her from screaming and alerting the Yeti Boys, then he punched her in the neck with his right hand. Lacy passed out and Tom let her fall to the ground.

Robin had gotten to Fuzzy and managed to jump onto his back. “You could use a shave.” Robin mocked quietly as he pulled out a flash bomb. Robin threw it in front of Fuzzy and it exploded into a blinding light. Fuzzy moaned and fell to his knees, rubbing his eyes. Robin quickly jumped in front of Fuzzy and kicked him in the chin to knock him unconscious.

Snow Man was barely able to react to losing his two lieutenants so quickly. “Yeti Boys, protect the Snow Man!” He shouted, but all the Yeti Boys were busy getting beaten up by the other four titans. He looked back at Robin and Tom and put up his hands in a defensive fighting stance. “Alright… Looks like the Snow Man is going to have to teach you a lesson.” Snow Man said, jumping down from the car.

Robin jumped in front of Snow Man and kicked him against the car he was standing on. “We're not too interested in anything you teach.” Robin said, grinning as he spun around and kicked Snow Man with his heel. “But I'm sure every one else in prison would love to learn how to dance.”


Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

terry_titanqueen on January 13, 2006, 11:50:47 AM

terry_titanqueen on
terry_titanqueenAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..... this is alsome... did i spell that right... oh well.... u should e-mail me some time and talk to me and teach me your great ways of writeing...oh master..... lol... jk well... any way e-mail me!!!!

terry_titanqueen on January 13, 2006, 11:50:43 AM

terry_titanqueen on
terry_titanqueenAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..... this is alsome... did i spell that right... oh well.... u should e-mail me some time and talk to me and teach me your great ways of writeing...oh master..... lol... jk well... any way e-mail me!!!!

cyborggirl on January 8, 2006, 9:23:09 AM

cyborggirl on
cyborggirlOMG favs! G-d this is soooooooooooo good!